Hearthstone

Kaguya

I've played around ten arena runs in the past couple days and really like GvG so far. I'm glad Blizzard took this approach to releasing it, mostly because I'm all about arena and don't care much for constructed, so for me it's like they suddenly released the expansion a week early. I think both Priest and Rogue probably saw the biggest overall improvements in Arena, with Paladin and Mage also seeing some really strong arena additions. So the previously four best classes (in my opinion) just got even better, while some of the weaker arena classes like warrior and warlock didn't improve much at all.  Oh, and with the addition of Glaivezooka, Hunter got way better as well, they're really solid in arena now.

I really like Glavezooka. Really great card if you're going first and have a one drop.

I've been doing a lot shittier in arena then I used to since GvG came out, which is strange since a lot of constructed-only oriented players are queuing up right now.

Bolvar is good in a very specific deck, the muster for battle/quartermaster deck. Outside of that, he doesn't really have a place, and even in that one deck he's only an alternate win condition that often gets silenced or removed immediately. He's definitely worth having for that quartermaster deck, though.

I think Mal'ganis is overrated. He's good, but at nine mana it's a very slow play and he's easy to remove. 

I've been having fun with an aggro mage deck with a really low curve and jeeves. Unstable portal is also a lot of fun.

I wouldn't call Bolvar game breaking. It's way too vulnerable to silence and hard removal. I can see him being a pain in the ass in the control warrior vs paladin match up if you hold onto it after you've baited out all the removals and are nearing fatigue, but any fatty can fill that role.

I haven't even seen Malganis yet, but I've probably only played 3-4 hours since GvG went live. He's sick if you can void terror him out, but on turn 9 it's real slow and doesn't have an immediate impact like the other 9 mana cost cards like Jaraxxus or Alex.

I wouldn't call Bolvar game breaking. It's way too vulnerable to silence and hard removal. I can see him being a pain in the ass in the control warrior vs paladin match up if you hold onto it after you've baited out all the removals and are nearing fatigue, but any fatty can fill that role.

I haven't even seen Malganis yet, but I've probably only played 3-4 hours since GvG went live. He's sick if you can void terror him out, but on turn 9 it's real slow and doesn't have an immediate impact like the other 9 mana cost cards like Jaraxxus or Alex.

Reynad, a streamer and competitive player has been streaming his demon deck quite a bit and that has Mal'Ganis in it. It's obviously a key part of that deck but even with all of the me-toos out there copying the deck, I think zoo and handlock are more common on the ladder and MG isn't played in those. I don't think he's ubiquitous or anything, and not nearly the best legendary in the game.

• 4 weeks later...

'Sup dead thread? I got my first 12 win Arena run of the new year.  B) http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/a842ho

Also if anyone here plays arena, they should check out Hearth Arena for sure. It's the best drafting aid yet. I used to never use those kind of drafting tools, but it's really neat and gives me some interesting perspectives from time to time, and the part where it categorizes your cards is really handy. Just don't blindly follow it without actually thinking about the choices. One of the biggest hurdles for new players is learning which cards are actually good and which should be avoided at all costs (stop picking Mogu'shan Warden newbies, goddamn), this can at least help with that learning curve.

'Sup dead thread? I got my first 12 win Arena run of the new year.  B) http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/a842ho

Also if anyone here plays arena, they should check out Hearth Arena for sure. It's the best drafting aid yet. I used to never use those kind of drafting tools, but it's really neat and gives me some interesting perspectives from time to time, and the part where it categorizes your cards is really handy. Just don't blindly follow it without actually thinking about the choices. One of the biggest hurdles for new players is learning which cards are actually good and which should be avoided at all costs (stop picking Mogu'shan Warden newbies, goddamn), this can at least help with that learning curve.

Congratulations!

I disagree. I love playing against newbies. Let 'em pick the warden. They might as well pick wisps and target dummies while they're at it.

I've been pretty lucky lately~

DAidm3E.png

• 2 weeks later...

I recently started playing and am disgusted by the packs that I am seeing in this thread. I have to go vomit now.

I'm arakura#1279 if you want to add me. I dont have Naxx even so I'm pretty low-tier right now. Trying to work my arena average to 5-6 right now cause screw constructed and screw Dr Boom.

• 3 weeks later...

Hobgoblin is one of those cards that gets disgusting once you chain together some strong plays with it. But with a lack of fetch and tutor cards in HS, using it well is exceedingly difficult and heavily inconsistent at the best of times. The problem being that the cards it synergizes with tend to be very bad on their own with few exceptions, so your deck ends up being bad until you get the hobgoblin, then you have to keep it safe once it's on the board.

Hobgoblin is one of those cards that gets disgusting once you chain together some strong plays with it. But with a lack of fetch and tutor cards in HS, using it well is exceedingly difficult and heavily inconsistent at the best of times. The problem being that the cards it synergizes with tend to be very bad on their own with few exceptions, so your deck ends up being bad until you get the hobgoblin, then you have to keep it safe once it's on the board.

Got Ysera once, followed up with Echo of Mediev and well, not much can beat double Ysera.

So yes, Unstable Portal definitely is pretty powerful (unless RNG screws you over and you get a wisp).

I got 3 clockwork gnomes in a row the other day, so yes, it can give you lots of nice thing and it can also give you free gnomes.