Hearthstone

Kaguya

wait, how did you get that fourth rag? Thoughtsteal?

No, that is my own rag xD Its a funny story, I started with golden mind vision which gave me golden rag, later I played thoughtsteal and got his faceless manipulator and also drawn one of mine, so I had 2. On 9 I played rag and he didnt have an answer (he placed ysera) so on 10 I double facelessed and got 3 and cleared his board with it, this is the turn after where he then used faceless, got one rag and killed one of my rags, but I MC'd his new rag end ended the game with 3 rags :) But yeah, at one point there were 4 golden rags.

Funny games

• 4 weeks later...

Well, there's the expansion coming soon.

I wonder if deathrattle decks will become super meta or something. I don't think it will, but there quite some strong deathrattles already, so I wonder.

I don't think it will be suited for super-aggro decks, but maybe it could work with control.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gotta love arena xD - who drafts more yetis wins xD

AuSnNUM.png

Of course. You see a Yeti, you pick a Yeti~

You know the game is trolling you when you toughtsteal a blade flurry and a deadly poison at once.

tP7GNP0.png

Funny fact, my second thoughtsteal did give me a perdition's blade.

• 2 months later...

The Leeroy nerf makes me sad since Miracle has been my main deck for awhile now. I've got a golden Valeera and like 85% of the deck gold. Malygod is an alternative, but it's just too slow. Tempo rogue isn't really too competitive either. Oh well, all aboard the control warrior train. At least I can get 3200 dust out of my Leeroy.

On a side note I opened a golden King Krush yesterday. Making it the 4th King Krush I've opened this year. 

^^ Yeah, I can't say I totally disagree with the decision. Naxxaramas sort of put Miracle in its place, but Leeroy is still a strong card in a number of other decks. You can no longer Leeroy + Power Overwhelming + Faceless anymore. 

It does cripple Miracle's burst, but I don't know if it'll entirely ruin it. Dat Buzzard nef on the other hand....

Pretty op pack, nref. Did you have antonidas before? I know you have jaraxxus on eu, so nice dust I guess lol.

Been playing on and off myself, I really need to farm the gold for next naxx quarter and get the goddamn mad scientists. Oh well, at least I have a 100g quest to do!

Since this is on NA, except the shadowflame i didn't have a single card of those, not even in normal variant.

As for the nerfs, I couldn't be happier since the game recently was a pure cancer thanks to hunter and leeroy so seeing leeroy nerfed is good, not sure if the buzzard nerf will do much, I'd rather see huntards mark cost 1 mana or something but I guess if they now don't have an easy way to draw through their whole deck for that mark, it should make it bearable.

As long as any aggro/bullshit deck is nerfed, I am happy though. This is my philosophy on those deck:

Classic minion rush is so successful because no matter what you draw, you are drawing a card you want to play almost 90% of the time - this encourages the deck to be constructed in such a way that there is no bad hand, that you just get hand full of 1-3 mana cost minions and use the combination to win.

Huntard and miracle were so successful because one card was able to draw you your whole deck, completely negating the randomness of draw from that point, you drew into the combo pieces, kill commands, hundard marks, triple leeroys and such.

Where as if you take a control deck, quite often what happens that you just don't get the card you just need, in control warrior you can just get those legendaries in your opening hand and then your last 10 cards are the armorsmiths and such that you needed at the beginning, you just don't draw the auchenai + circle on your priest to clear the aggro board, holy nova nowhere to be seen either and all in hand are yseras and ragnaroses.

I am not fan of RNG but if some deck archetypes do have it and some don't, it makes people want to play the ones that don't and that is wrong. So balancing the game so all decks have the RNG is a good way to go, since decreasing it is not really an option when you have 8+cost cards, unless everyone gets like 1 mana mulligan a card ability every turn but that would require a new feature.

You could clearly see what this problem caused recently, 90% of the decks on pre-legend ladder were quick hundards or zoo's or other decks like these. And the worst thing was that people were even bringing these decks into casual.

So yeah, I am still waiting for the doomguard nerf, 5-7 with charge back to back in 2 turns just has nearly no counter and for some reason it happens too often. Or perhaps change the discard mechanic to "if you don't have the cards in your hand, destroy a mana crystal instead" or something.

As for the nerfs, I couldn't be happier since the game recently was a pure cancer thanks to hunter and leeroy so seeing leeroy nerfed is good, not sure if the buzzard nerf will do much, I'd rather see huntards mark cost 1 mana or something but I guess if they now don't have an easy way to draw through their whole deck for that mark, it should make it bearable.

Yeah its obvious that buzzard will no longer be played, we'll probably see more of those undertaker variants with added loot hoarders for some draw and maybe a sludge belcher for the 5 mana spot (the buzzard+unleash now) to make it that much harder to kill the upcoming Highmane. Some decks might even run tundra rhino, since the kodo is no longer a big trend now so its safer to play it.

Luckily the lesser good players who just copied the deck from some website and don't understand deck building will just not play the hunter at all which is good.

Yeah its obvious that buzzard will no longer be played, we'll probably see more of those undertaker variants with added loot hoarders for some draw and maybe a sludge belcher for the 5 mana spot (the buzzard+unleash now) to make it that much harder to kill the upcoming Highmane. Some decks might even run tundra rhino, since the kodo is no longer a big trend now so its safer to play it.

Luckily the lesser good players who just copied the deck from some website and don't understand deck building will just not play the hunter at all which is good.

The truth is, I like rush decks. Ages-long control battles are not really my thing, and I consider control warrior one of the most gay things currently on the planet. That said, having to do some tough choices at least isn't too bad. Facing stuff like miracle rogue is godawfully annoying as well though, more fun when playing it kekeke

The truth is, I like rush decks. Ages-long control battles are not really my thing, and I consider control warrior one of the most gay things currently on the planet. That said, having to do some tough choices at least isn't too bad. Facing stuff like miracle rogue is godawfully annoying as well though, more fun when playing it kekeke