Hearthstone

Kaguya

Still don't have ysera or alex, so not really full wallet yet lol.

Don't really need either for a control warrior list. Sometimes I rotate Alex out for something as small as a whirlwind or owl. I liked it when face hunter was a thing on ladder, as it actually saved me far more times then you might think. Ysera I've never really liked. Really good against other control, but laughing sisters all day, er' day.

FUCK MY LIFE I just died to Eye for an Eye in a game I could have otherwise turned around. I don't think it could possibly get any lower than this. This card game for babies is too hard for me. :(

I... actually did the same thing yesterday. I EVEN SAID TO MYSELF IT WAS EYE FOR AN EYE, THE BOARD WAS EMPTY TOO. Was mage so I could have waited and pinged his face, but noo, had to run an ogre into it and kill myself.

Flamewaker tempo mage doesn't run antonidas, really. You're meant to blow all of your spells in your first 7 turns so you'll normally never be able to get him going.  

Anyways, who wants new shinies? http://www.hearthpwn.com/blue-tracker/topic/12683-heroes-emerge-new-hearthstone-heroes-are-coming

New heroes for each class, purely cosmetic. Ten bucks a pop.

Flamewaker tempo mage doesn't run antonidas, really. You're meant to blow all of your spells in your first 7 turns so you'll normally never be able to get him going.  

Anyways, who wants new shinies? http://www.hearthpwn.com/blue-tracker/topic/12683-heroes-emerge-new-hearthstone-heroes-are-coming

New heroes for each class, purely cosmetic. Ten bucks a pop.

Aw, fuckin' sweet. I haven't been on r/hearthstone today so I missed that. I've been waiting for them to add new hero portraits ever since they first mentioned it. It's for the class I play too. Too bad golden Garrosh looks cooler than Magni, but those custom animations are very tempting. Wonder if it's automatically golden or not.

EDIT: Man, r/hearthstone is mad.

They're golden automatically. And I will agree with the mad people that it's probably overcosted, but it's also not worth getting mad about since it's purely cosmetic, so who cares. I guess the problem comes when you want to get multiple classes. $90 for the full suite. Then again, this is how cosmetics always are. Just look at Valve's hat store. The rest of the game is reasonable from a F2P standpoint so it's not worth complaining about.

The fact that they're automatically golden kinda dissuades me from purchasing any. It might sound silly, but I enjoy knowing that the couple of classes I've managed to get golden with were the result of grinding out a lot of games on the ladder and I like the thought of showing that off to other players.

Still, those new animations tho. 

The fact that they're automatically golden kinda dissuades me from purchasing any. It might sound silly, but I enjoy knowing that the couple of classes I've managed to get golden with were the result of grinding out a lot of games on the ladder and I like the thought of showing that off to other players.

Still, those new animations tho. 

Actually I was wrong. I blame hearthpwn for incorrect information. You still have to get 500 wins in a class to get a golden portrait, but it's class specific and not hero specific, and they come animated by default even without the shiny gold borders. 

Seems like an older, more top heavy iteration of Patron. I don't really know about those Belchers or Boom.

Think I'd rather have Inventors/Loothoarders instaed, it's a combo deck after all.

I didn't really care for Inventor in Patron. I find the 2 Battle Rages and the Acolytes are more than enough card draw. I considered Piloted Shredders instead of the top heavy cards though. Its a pretty strong turn 4 play, but maybe I'll give Inventor another chance.

I didn't really care for Inventor in Patron. I find the 2 Battle Rages and the Acolytes are more than enough card draw. I considered Piloted Shredders instead of the top heavy cards though. Its a pretty strong turn 4 play, but maybe I'll give Inventor another chance.

In a combo deck, the more draw the better imo. Especially since the value you pick up from battlerages can vary. 

In a combo deck, the more draw the better imo. Especially since the value you pick up from battlerages can vary.

Yeah, you're pretty much right. I like experimenting with different variations, and enjoy discussing pros/cons. Theorycrafting and the like with others has always been one of my favorite things.

I don't know if I'm just more comfortable with the matchup, if it's just luck, or something has changed, but I'm finding myself handling midrange pally as a control warrior quite handily recently.

Also, I haven't seen a single druid since the ladder rest, though I've maybe only played 15-20 games.

The good old Hearthstone weapon triangle is Control beats Midrange beats Aggro beats Control. There are exceptions, and you can get lucky, but generally speaking control warrior will crap all over midrange paladin. I've been playing a lot of midrange pally lately and control warrior is my worst matchup. 

The good old Hearthstone weapon triangle is Control beats Midrange beats Aggro beats Control. There are exceptions, and you can get lucky, but generally speaking control warrior will crap all over midrange paladin. I've been playing a lot of midrange pally lately and control warrior is my worst matchup. 

I don't know if that's true. From previous experience, and from what I can tell from other people's experiences I've read about, midrange paladin is favored in the control warrior matchup. In general control beats midrange, but warrior is terrible with dealing with a lot of minions outside of brawl/geddon and midrange paladin is good at just that. You'll often toss out a brawl while behind and quickly find yourself behind again next turn. The matchup is a lot better if you get acolyte of pain while on coin or you have death's bite in your opening hand, but if you don't get your card draw or back to back threats you'll quickly be at a card disadvantage from dealing with all the chows, minibots, shredders, and so on.

I've never beaten a control warrior as midrange pally, although  I've only played against four or five. Midrange pally generally is only able to spam the board with tokens which can be dealt with Death's Bite, and Warrior's weapons clear everything else you play. It's really hard for me to build a keep a board against them.

edit: I see that some guides list Paladin as a very unfavorable matchup for control warriors. I dunno what to say, I guess I just suck or something. But I do only run one quartermaster and I would probably do better if I had two. Although, other guides describe the matchup as "crushingly good" in favor of the warrior. Edit 2: I have a feeling that some guides are only talking about the more traditional control paladin as opposed to the more board-centric midrange paladins.

I could be very well mistaken about the difficulty of the matchup, and given my recent success against midrange paladin, I'm reconsidering it. A couple months back though I recall getting stomped by midrange like 70% of the time, but that could be a combination of bad luck and me sucking.

I found a few guides favoring the midrange pally in the matchup and others in favor of the warrior, so not exactly a clear consensus. I don't think any of the guides calling the paladin matchup crushingly good in favor of the warrior could be talking about control paladin though, since that's definitely in the control paladin's favor.

I was talking about the ones claiming a bad matchup. In the top control warrior deck on hearthpwn, it simply lists "paladin" in the matchup guides, without discussing if it's midrange or control. It probably comes down to how many equalities and quartermasters the paladin runs (I run one of each) and how many brawls the warrior runs. I just find my recruits get eaten up by armorsmiths, acolytes, and death's bites, while my bigger minions get efficiently removed by weapons and executes.