Hearthstone

Kaguya

Wow. Well excuse me for playing with losers, apparently

;(

Feels like unless we hang around the same rank, you guys will always be nitpicking something t.t

Eh, I'd say it's a cute deck. Refreshing to play against. One will pop up once in a while (a cute deck, that is. Like outlast druid or that type of thing), and will generally lose when facing the merciless truth of the current metagame- you reeeeally should be playing midrange hunter. Or mech mage. Or midrange druid. Or face hunter.

EDIT: Oil Rogue is pretty good too.

I'd literally rather quit before I play mechmage again and I think less of those who do play it. Also, if you couldn't tell by the blingtron, I ain't in it for the rank.

Otherwise the meta is okay, but I don't have the cards to play it anyway.

Really? When I look at the current metagame, I'd actually say that midrange hunter is the most scumbag option. Mech mage is close to it, but in the end, if you're going to climb that ladder, you better be a scumbag (or come up with the deck all the scumbags will copy).

Other somewhat viable options (you can probably get to legend without much issues when using those, but they are weaker than the 5 decks I mentioned above) are control warrior, mech shaman and mech druid.

You think it's worth it?

Being a scumbag? Or playing with those other 3 decks?

If it's the first, then yes. It's how the game is going right now. If you get to legend you'll be able to do some experimentation with other deck types, but until then, go scumbag all the way, pick the meta deck that suits your needs and go for it. Tempo storm is a pretty good site to know exactly what's up with the meta at the moment, if you need some help.

If it's playing with those other three decks, I'd say no. Mech druid may end up as king in the near future (it's good vs face hunter and mech mage, and those are pretty popular), but currently it's not worth it. Shaman is fun, but not as good as mech mage. And control warrior just isn't effective to climb the ladder, in combination with it not being reliable enough to beat the current aggro.

I dunno, playing on the ladder tends to bore me. Every time I try to rank up I get to like rank 12 or 10 and then get sick of it and go back to playing arena, which I find much more fun. Thankfully I'm able to go infinite in the arena (I make more gold than I spend) so I just play that non-stop.

There are other cards like that, too. Can you list all of the Dream cards? What exactly does Gelbin Mekkatorque do? Death to ambiguous card text. I get Blizzard doesn't want to overwhelm the player but there has to be a better way. Well, at least I'm sure you won't forget now that it happened once to you. :P

There are other cards like that, too. Can you list all of the Dream cards? What exactly does Gelbin Mekkatorque do? Death to ambiguous card text. I get Blizzard doesn't want to overwhelm the player but there has to be a better way. Well, at least I'm sure you won't forget now that it happened once to you. :P

Those questions were rhetorical, although your memory of gelbin is better than mine :). It's more about the principle of it, I don't like that there are things that must either be researched out of the game or experienced through trial and error. A game like this shouldn't have trial and error be a thing, you should know how everything works at a glance even if you're new. I just think if there was an in-game way to get this information it would be a good thing for new players.

lol at anyone who gets salty when playing in casual, a game mode with zero consequences for losing and is filled with stupid gimmick decks. Like, what was that guy expecting?

Eh, I don't know. A matchup against the SenX (read: the last serious deck I played this season) hunter to the left side of my gimmicky mage, I guess. Personally, I dislike playing competitive decks in casual. 

He lost the game to a turn 4 coin foe reaver that I got from an unstable portal, too... I guess people get salty about that type of thing. 

yay randomness wooo.

I love randomness as a game mechanic. It just makes good plays so much more rewarding. And when you make bad plays, you get punished all of the time. That way it's always the better player that wins. My favourite part is when you do all that you can and then you wait to see what happens inside the black box. Honestly it's just thrilling.

yay randomness wooo.

I love randomness as a game mechanic. It just makes good plays so much more rewarding. And when you make bad plays, you get punished all of the time. That way it's always the better player that wins. My favorite part is when you do all that you can and then you wait to see what happens inside the black box. Honestly it's just thrilling.

:makina:  :makina:  :makina:  :makina:  :makina:  :makina:  :makina:  :makina:  :makina:  :makina:

While there certainly is a skill aspect in hearthstone, luck is definitely a deciding factor too. That's why after just a few months of playing, when I could safely be called Scrubna the Saltegde, I managed to get to rank 2- Luck. And netdecking. And farming.

Specially when it comes to higher rankings, you skill level doesn't matter too much. It's about matchups and luck, for the most part. Playing better- even if much better- will often only give you a slight edge if any.

I would definitely say that matchup is the biggest factor, skill the second biggest, and luck is a distant third. Luck evens out over time, and you have to play a lot of matches to reach high ranks. You would need lottery-winning luck in order to purely ride the RNG to the top. Most likely, you found a netdeck that countered the meta very well and got used to playing it well.