Hearthstone

Kaguya

4 hours ago, Arsudar said:

Hi, I'm new :) (in this discussion). I heard that the new expansion One night in Karazhan started but I haven't tried it. Has anyone tested the expansion and the new cards?

Heya! 

I have the whole thing purchased, but only one wing of Karazhan has been released so far, so I can only give feedback on that. So far none of the Karazhan cards have made a really big splash, though in the first wing, Cloaked Huntress is presumably pretty good, and it's just going to be a while before people find a way to make it work well. Other possibly notable cards are the discard golem thingy, the 2/2 beast for druid (which you get for free,) and possibly ivory knight/arcanosmith/priest of the feast.

I'm fairly sure the expansion is going to hit the meta in some way, since they always do. It's just that with about a quarter of the set released, that hasn't really happened yet. 

If you're talking about the boss fights, they're a blast, though the AI could be better.

On 8/15/2016 at 6:49 PM, Kaguya said:

Heya! 

I have the whole thing purchased, but only one wing of Karazhan has been released so far, so I can only give feedback on that. So far none of the Karazhan cards have made a really big splash, though in the first wing, Cloaked Huntress is presumably pretty good, and it's just going to be a while before people find a way to make it work well. Other possibly notable cards are the discard golem thingy, the 2/2 beast for druid (which you get for free,) and possibly ivory knight/arcanosmith/priest of the feast.

I'm fairly sure the expansion is going to hit the meta in some way, since they always do. It's just that with about a quarter of the set released, that hasn't really happened yet. 

If you're talking about the boss fights, they're a blast, though the AI could be better.

I have only played the "epilogue fight" between Medivh and Malchezar though, but it is so exciting to watch the characters conversation. 

Saw all the cards of wing 1, let see... Cloaked Huntress is actually very good, open an oppurtunity for Secret Hunter (Lock and Load + Yogg Saron also?). Not really fond of 2/2 Beast for Druid, though it could be used in Beast Druid deck. 

Saw some plays with Arcanosmith and that card can actually be insane with 0/5 body Taunt. Moroes is quite fun to play with, sadly he can easily be rekt by AOE (how hard can it be? Warrior with Ravaging Ghoul for instant, or Shaman with new Maelstrom Portal).

Overall I agree that the new expansion will surely affect the meta, however, the exact effect is still a mystery though.

Having some nice little progress here, slow and steady, with a down-to-earth 60% winrate. Deck tracker says I'm 64-43 with it, which are some nice numbers. The deck preys hungrily on warriors of all sorts, which I'm 21-7 against, though the dragon variety can be a problem. I'm also apparently better than most people at the mirror match, which I'm 8-4 with, and I suck terribly against rogues, which I'm 0-4 with.

My best matchup is priest, with a 100% winrate :makina: 

I only played against two priests, though. Heh. 

cEG94pg.png

The first time I got legend, I basically killed myself doing it by playing fanatically, and I got there on the first week of the month.

This time, it's a lot easier and less frustrating, probably because I'm not playing quite top tier folk and because I don't wanna get legend as much.

It I do it, it'll be really neat, though. 

Aaand, it's over.

4DA8AS5.png

Final stats, 112-70, for a 62% winrate. From Rank 6 to Legend only, I went 85-53, also for a 62% winrate. 

Analysing the rank 6 to legend stats, I went 12-5 against druids, 10-10 against hunters, 9-3 against mages, 7-3 against paladins, 2-0 against priests, 4-5 against rogues, 11-10 against shamans, 8-7 against warlocks and 22-10 against warriors.

All positive results asides from breaking even with hunters and mostly losing to rogues. The deck having a good matchup against warriors of all types was great, because they made up 23% of all my matches (and they probably make up more than that when it comes to the meta as a whole.)

Shamans are supposed to be an unfavored matchup, so I'm proud I managed to climb past that with my games. Hunters and warlocks are, too. And I managed to get a marginal edge against warlocks, which are generally hopeless for the mage to play against and break even with hunters... Overall very happy with my results. 

Mages are odd because I wouldn't expect to have an advantage in the mirror matchup, but I went 9-3 in it anyway. All of the mages I ran into were absolutely terrible, though. Even at very high rankings, it's clear that most of the people I ran into didn't know how to play my deck for shit, which brings a slight smirk of self-satisfaction to my face.

Overall, after climbing with it last year, too, I can confidently say this one deck is my specialty, and it allows me to get some really good winrates against supposedly better decks, while I'm no good playing those "better decks" myself, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On August 18, 2016 at 8:23 PM, Kaguya said:

Aaand, it's over.

4DA8AS5.png

Final stats, 112-70, for a 62% winrate. From Rank 6 to Legend only, I went 85-53, also for a 62% winrate. 

Analysing the rank 6 to legend stats, I went 12-5 against druids, 10-10 against hunters, 9-3 against mages, 7-3 against paladins, 2-0 against priests, 4-5 against rogues, 11-10 against shamans, 8-7 against warlocks and 22-10 against warriors.

All positive results asides from breaking even with hunters and mostly losing to rogues. The deck having a good matchup against warriors of all types was great, because they made up 23% of all my matches (and they probably make up more than that when it comes to the meta as a whole.)

Shamans are supposed to be an unfavored matchup, so I'm proud I managed to climb past that with my games. Hunters and warlocks are, too. And I managed to get a marginal edge against warlocks, which are generally hopeless for the mage to play against and break even with hunters... Overall very happy with my results. 

Mages are odd because I wouldn't expect to have an advantage in the mirror matchup, but I went 9-3 in it anyway. All of the mages I ran into were absolutely terrible, though. Even at very high rankings, it's clear that most of the people I ran into didn't know how to play my deck for shit, which brings a slight smirk of self-satisfaction to my face.

Overall, after climbing with it last year, too, I can confidently say this one deck is my specialty, and it allows me to get some really good winrates against supposedly better decks, while I'm no good playing those "better decks" myself, lol.

Congrats I haven't got to legend myself but I'm hopeing to next season. How did you keep up with your stats did you use a add on or something or just with a pen and paper?

28 minutes ago, LoganW said:

Congrats I haven't got to legend myself but I'm hopeing to next season. How did you keep up with your stats did you use a add on or something or just with a pen and paper?

I used this deck tracker. It's pretty neat to keep stats, and knowing what you have left in your deck and your chance of drawing that, as well as having a counter to how many spells your yogg will cast allowed me to win some games I otherwise would have lost. 

https://hsdecktracker.net/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

There is a fuwa hs skype group, atm it's kind of inactive (but still some messages per day, so not dead pr anything) and some people have moved to shadowverse though (lol mid shaman meta). Can add you if interested.

Oh? Could you (or anyone else) add me then? :sachi: 

And yeah, i've been playing Shadowverse for a while, don't know many people that play though.

I play Hearthstone occasionally, although I can't get past Rank 19 for the life of me. Still working on building up my Budget Mage Tempo deck. I'd get the cards I need faster if I just purchased the adventures, but I'm not going to do that. I don't play Hearthstone competitively or enough to justify spending money on it.

If anyone on EU would like a new friend to play with (albeit rarely), feel free to add me: Frankie#2543

:miyako:

• 1 year later...