Who's hyped now!?

ValenKnight

Already heard about it. Honestly i didn't know much about Monster Hunter until i saw the demo for MH ultimate 3 on the eshop and tried it out. Cool concept but god damn it i could not defeat the hard monster. It got insanely hard and honestly REALLY repetitive as most hack and slash games. I don't know if the full version is like this but the demo has a 10 minute limit to beat the monster and had 2 levels, one was easy and the other was hard. I could not defeat the hard one by any means because i simply ran out of time and it was just frustrating. The damn thing kept changing areas and stayed in the water while my character is extremly slow in it which probably doubled the amount of time needed. Maybe i was doing something wrong i don't know. Also a lot of classes were virtually USELESS like the light blowgun and that spear thing. Though i know it was just a demo, demos are supposed to make you want to get the full version so yeah.. I might check out this new version but probably not. Depends on the new features.
Also they decided god knows why to not make a wii U (HD) version which imo is a really poor choice since it's clear the game works much better with double analog sticks. And it wouldcertainly help Nintendo reach their budget.
America Europe is only getting it in 2015 while Japan already has is so still 1 year of waiting. Maybe i'll be convinced the game is worthy by then

I spent sooo much time on Monster Hunter 2 and the expansions/different versions 

myself and friend's used to play it back in school on PSP, was the main reason I got one.

I wished they made the game for computer though. as running them through emulators gets quite annoying 

Monster Hunter would look and play SO much better on the Vita. I still resent Capcom for switching it to the 3ds so no hype for me.

I'm even more depressed that they didn't at least invest in a Wii U version of it which can render the games in HD. 

It's such a wasted potential.

At least you can still hope while I can only rant about the lack of Vita MH.

Why rant? I thought it was well-known that Vita has no gaems. :P

More seriously, I tried MH on my PSP and it wasn't for me, but apparently it's pretty much a system seller in Japan, so having it released on the Vita might have meant more releases for it in general.

Already heard about it. Honestly i didn't know much about Monster Hunter until i saw the demo for MH ultimate 3 on the eshop and tried it out. Cool concept but god damn it i could not defeat the hard monster. It got insanely hard and honestly REALLY repetitive as most hack and slash games. I don't know if the full version is like this but the demo has a 10 minute limit to beat the monster and had 2 levels, one was easy and the other was hard. I could not defeat the hard one by any means because i simply ran out of time and it was just frustrating. The damn thing kept changing areas and stayed in the water while my character is extremly slow in it which probably doubled the amount of time needed. Maybe i was doing something wrong i don't know. Also a lot of classes were virtually USELESS like the light blowgun and that spear thing. Though i know it was just a demo, demos are supposed to make you want to get the full version so yeah.. I might check out this new version but probably not. Depends on the new features.

Also they decided god knows why to not make a wii U (HD) version which imo is a really poor choice since it's clear the game works much better with double analog sticks. And it wouldcertainly help Nintendo reach their budget.

America Europe is only getting it in 2015 while Japan already has is so still 1 year of waiting. Maybe i'll be convinced the game is worthy by then

I haven't actually given it a shot yet. My brother owns the wii u version and I agree the lack of skills/combos makes it look sooooo boring and repetitive but man this game has so much hype I want to believe. :(

But regardless I'm gonna pick this up when it come out since I'm gonna assume that just about every 3ds owner is gonna have this game. On a side note, not too sure about the Wii u getting it's own monster hunter game but a 4G port is highly probable.

Why rant? I thought it was well-known that Vita has no gaems. :P

More seriously, I tried MH on my PSP and it wasn't for me, but apparently it's pretty much a system seller in Japan, so having it released on the Vita might have meant more releases for it in general.

Flutterz. By "I tried MH on my PSP" do you mean, you tried MH2/MH2Freedom Unite/MH2 whatever without any friends and stopped after being forced to gather stuff? In which case, get back on that PSP and play MH3rd or something. System's a lot more refined in 3rd, in my opinion. If you were playing 3rd, but didn't have any friends to play with, that was your problem, and lastly, if it was, you had friends and 3rd at the same time, then I will leave you to not playing Monster Hunter.

I honestly didn't like MH2, though it was probably because I had no one to really play with. 3rd was where I got friends and started enjoying it. (I also did MHTri and MH3Ultimate, but I'm referring to PSP here.)

Flutterz. By "I tried MH on my PSP" do you mean, you tried MH2/MH2Freedom Unite/MH2 whatever without any friends and stopped after being forced to gather stuff? In which case, get back on that PSP and play MH3rd or something. System's a lot more refined in 3rd, in my opinion. If you were playing 3rd, but didn't have any friends to play with, that was your problem, and lastly, if it was, you had friends and 3rd at the same time, then I will leave you to not playing Monster Hunter.

I honestly didn't like MH2, though it was probably because I had no one to really play with. 3rd was where I got friends and started enjoying it. (I also did MHTri and MH3Ultimate, but I'm referring to PSP here.)

I'm pretty sure I played MH Freedom Unite, but unless you're willing to send me friends, that problem is going to stay even if I play MH3.

I haven't actually given it a shot yet. My brother owns the wii u version and I agree the lack of skills/combos makes it look sooooo boring and repetitive but man this game has so much hype I want to believe. :(

But regardless I'm gonna pick this up when it come out since I'm gonna assume that just about every 3ds owner is gonna have this game. On a side note, not too sure about the Wii u getting it's own monster hunter game but a 4G port is highly probable.

They already announced it won't get a wii u port. This is an extremely poor decision imo.

I will try MH4G just for the sake of it. It will be 3DS exclusive and will only be released in America and Europe in 2015. Japan already has it thoug

They already announced it won't get a wii u port. This is an extremely poor decision imo.

I will try MH4G just for the sake of it. It will be 3DS exclusive and will only be released in America and Europe in 2015. Japan already has it thoug

I see, tis a shame. I was really hoping to see some kind of cross platform online play.

Why can't developers realize that for such highly recognized franchises such as Monster Hunter, there needs to be a PC release of their new games, otherwise nobody will see it's full potential.  I refuse to buy a 3DS for just one game (even though I'm a massive Monster Hunter fan).

To answer the question if I'm hyped;  no, no I am not.

I'm pretty sure I played MH Freedom Unite, but unless you're willing to send me friends, that problem is going to stay even if I play MH3.

I sent them. If they haven't come in by now, then they must've gotten lost like most of the mail I send that have people in them, in which case, sorry about that.

Okay, lots of people seem to be saying the game is boring and hard, or by not having friends to play with, the game becomes extremelly boring...

WELL, I've played Monster Hunter 2 (my favourite) on the PS2 for almost 150 hours, which is nothing, MHFU for 480 hours ALL alone and completed G-Rank, which isn't really hard actually, MHP3rd I've completed everything solo including Hammer Solo to Alatreon with 384 hours (Two savegames, one female and one male), and I played MHTri (only game I played online of MH) for 347 hours.

And then, I started despising Capcom for the change from Sony to Nintendo, and I don't even see anything really "cool" about the Nintendo MHs, lots of friends I know since MH2 have told me bad things about Monster Hunter 4, and some had told me "cool things" about MHTri Ultimate on the 3DS (mainly because it's the G Version)... I don't really know how these games work actually, because I haven't tried the newer ones, but it seems that they don't really go all "OMFGZDISGAMEISAWEZME" now, but I don't know if that's because the saga is BAD now, or the players just started to realize what Capcom is doing wrong.

Okay, lots of people seem to be saying the game is boring and hard, or by not having friends to play with, the game becomes extremelly boring...

WELL, I've played Monster Hunter 2 (my favourite) on the PS2 for almost 150 hours, which is nothing, MHFU for 480 hours ALL alone and completed G-Rank, which isn't really hard actually, MHP3rd I've completed everything solo including Hammer Solo to Alatreon with 384 hours (Two savegames, one female and one male), and I played MHTri (only game I played online of MH) for 347 hours.

And then, I started despising Capcom for the change from Sony to Nintendo, and I don't even see anything really "cool" about the Nintendo MHs, lots of friends I know since MH2 have told me bad things about Monster Hunter 4, and some had told me "cool things" about MHTri Ultimate on the 3DS (mainly because it's the G Version)... I don't really know how these games work actually, because I haven't tried the newer ones, but it seems that they don't really go all "OMFGZDISGAMEISAWEZME" now, but I don't know if that's because the saga is BAD now, or the players just started to realize what Capcom is doing wrong.

I didn't know about the MH franchise until i saw monster hunter ultimate 3 on the eshop and gave the demo a try.

I don't know how previous ones were but if the rest of the game goes like the demo goes it will be INCREDIBLY dull.

You either just slash away at your enemies with no real combos, just smash one of the 2 main attack buttons or use items like bombs and stuff. Or if you're one of the gun classes just shoot away at your enemy with different types of bullets. That is literally it. Nothing else.

The monster animation was stiff and unappealing, i love how you slash at  them and they just don't move, you just see random blood gushing out and you have ZERO indication of wether they're being hurt or not other than the occasional throw back the monster does at random stances indicating it's hurt. The monsters just got more and more repetitive with their attacks. You can literally memorize their entire attack patterns by fighting them a couple times. Then you can just adjust your tactics.

So yeah i wasn't impressed and of course didn't buy the full version.

Not to mention that 10 min timer ruins everything. I don't know if the full version has it but if it does hell no i'm not going to try it.

From what you guys said about MH for PSP i want to try it now and see if it's worth it. But my experience of MH on the 3DS wasn't the best thing ever. It's fun for the first couple hours but then just meh. Probably more fun with friends that's literally the only scenario where i imagine it'd be fun.

I didn't know about the MH franchise until i saw monster hunter ultimate 3 on the eshop and gave the demo a try.

I don't know how previous ones were but if the rest of the game goes like the demo goes it will be INCREDIBLY dull.

You either just slash away at your enemies with no real combos, just smash one of the 2 main attack buttons or use items like bombs and stuff. Or if you're one of the gun classes just shoot away at your enemy with different types of bullets. That is literally it. Nothing else.

The monster animation was stiff and unappealing, i love how you slash at  them and they just don't move, you just see random blood gushing out and you have ZERO indication of wether they're being hurt or not other than the occasional throw back the monster does at random stances indicating it's hurt. The monsters just got more and more repetitive with their attacks. You can literally memorize their entire attack patterns by fighting them a couple times. Then you can just adjust your tactics.

So yeah i wasn't impressed and of course didn't buy the full version.

Not to mention that 10 min timer ruins everything. I don't know if the full version has it but if it does hell no i'm not going to try it.

From what you guys said about MH for PSP i want to try it now and see if it's worth it. But my experience of MH on the 3DS wasn't the best thing ever. It's fun for the first couple hours but then just meh. Probably more fun with friends that's literally the only scenario where i imagine it'd be fun.

Actually, the full game is different... but you can STILL do lots of things like memorizing patterns, but to tell you the truth.

There's one thing that's stupid in this game, and that's Plesioth, it's supposed to be easy, but he's just annoyingly stupid, they still didn't fix some of his errors like the hitbox from his hipcheck (pretty annoying, but when you get the hang of it, you can actually fight him hand-to-hand)... to me the first MH were more about knowing how to dodge attacks and where a hitbox starts and ends, not about hitting the monster until it dies, because you had 60 minutes anyways, so who doesn't kill a monster in that minute unless they go naked? (in which case, you can actually kill monsters naked, it's pretty easy, as Alatreon, the final boss in Portable 3rd, is SO EASY to memorize and predict that you can actually get away Solo with a Hammer and not get hit).

Sadly, I DID record me getting a solo on Alatreon, but never uploaded it and ended up deleting it for the sake of HDD cleaning.

BUT, don't listen to what I say, I'm only typing non-sense, it's actually pretty fun to see the monster going all "OMGFZWHERE'REU!?", but yeah, what you said is actually true, you can kill the monsters easily by remembering their patterns, some are hard, some are easy, some are easy but still hard because you need to dodge through some pretty hard Frames, or you thought you could evade through that but you didn't have enough Invincibility Frames. So the thing I'm saying, even though what you're saying is true, it can be hard or easy to do so.

To me, the real fun of MH always starts once you start doing challenges, like Soloing a monster with restrictions, like using a lower level weapon, or going naked, or not getting hit.

P.S:The monster you were probably talking about, is Plesioth, btw.

Actually, the full game is different... but you can STILL do lots of things like memorizing patterns, but to tell you the truth.

There's one thing that's stupid in this game, and that's Plesioth, it's supposed to be easy, but he's just annoyingly stupid, they still didn't fix some of his errors like the hitbox from his hipcheck (pretty annoying, but when you get the hang of it, you can actually fight him hand-to-hand)... to me the first MH were more about knowing how to dodge attacks and where a hitbox starts and ends, not about hitting the monster until it dies, because you had 60 minutes anyways, so who doesn't kill a monster in that minute unless they go naked? (in which case, you can actually kill monsters naked, it's pretty easy, as Alatreon, the final boss in Portable 3rd, is SO EASY to memorize and predict that you can actually get away Solo with a Hammer and not get hit).

Sadly, I DID record me getting a solo on Alatreon, but never uploaded it and ended up deleting it for the sake of HDD cleaning.

BUT, don't listen to what I say, I'm only typing non-sense, it's actually pretty fun to see the monster going all "OMGFZWHERE'REU!?", but yeah, what you said is actually true, you can kill the monsters easily by remembering their patterns, some are hard, some are easy, some are easy but still hard because you need to dodge through some pretty hard Frames, or you thought you could evade through that but you didn't have enough Invincibility Frames. So the thing I'm saying, even though what you're saying is true, it can be hard or easy to do so.

To me, the real fun of MH always starts once you start doing challenges, like Soloing a monster with restrictions, like using a lower level weapon, or going naked, or not getting hit.

P.S:The monster you were probably talking about, is Plesioth, btw.

I figured there wasn't a timer in the full version, thank god for that but i still maintain my point about it getting repetitive, then again it was only a demo so i only tried 2monsters. There was also no costumization you just had preset classes and had to pick one (this is on the 3ds one) i don't remember which one was the plesioth but the annoying one was this water dragon thing that i simply could not kill in10 mins, it was just impossible considering it was always in the water running away and i spent half the time chasing it rather than attacking it.

I figured there wasn't a timer in the full version, thank god for that but i still maintain my point about it getting repetitive, then again it was only a demo so i only tried 2monsters. There was also no costumization you just had preset classes and had to pick one (this is on the 3ds one) i don't remember which one was the plesioth but the annoying one was this water dragon thing that i simply could not kill in10 mins, it was just impossible considering it was always in the water running away and i spent half the time chasing it rather than attacking it.

That's Plesioth for you, a sucker... in earlier MH games he would go to the water and you couldn't chase him at all, you needed to make him GET OUT of the water, and sometimes it was just... a pain in the ass