Thank you, Nayleen and Naomi

Tay

While the site was down, events unfolded which led to the decision by two of our staff members – Naomi and Nayleen – to leave Fuwanovel.  I’d like to thank them for their friendship and time and enthusiasm and blood, sweat and tears.  I look forward to spending time with them on Hollow Beats – their role playing site which is currently in development.  I respect their choice, and as their friend offer them my best wishes and gratitude.  

Again, I’d like to thank Nayleen and Naomi for all of the time and enthusiasm they devoted to our community.  Nayleen and I first got to know each other last year during – ironically enough – a Fuwapocalypse.  We worked for days and days trying to restore the site.  It took us both about a week to recover from that.  Even now that Nayleen is moving on, he’s helping to restore the front site.  Naomi and I started to get to know each other last year as well: Aaeru had always spoken highly of her, and I was excited to work with her.  Nobody can deny that she jumped into Fuwanovel without holding back, and that’s a quality she exhibits in all the projects in her life – a quality we respect and love her for.

Nayleen and Naomi are also the first couple (of which I’m aware) to come out of Fuwanovel!  We’re honored to have been a part of that relationship’s formation.

As they move forward and work on other projects (like Hollow Beats), we wish them the very best.  I have no doubt that they will be successful, will have a lot of fun, and will do so with crazy, Naomi-induced style.

All the best and lots of love,
Taylor

Thanks for all the hard work of Nayleen who worked tirelessly to continuously improve the website, as well as Naomi who made the Fuwanovel Facebook page as successful as it is today :)

Hope you guys can still lurk around the forums to chat and have fun, and also never ever forget the love we all shared for Visual Novels ;)

Maybe I should begin contributing code back to the website again...

Maybe I should begin contributing code back to the website again...

I'm trying to hand over admin access to Fuwanovel's Git repository to Taylor, but he's busy with other stuff right now - I'd appreciate it if someone could take over, but for the meantime I'm staying to get it back up and running smoothly. ThatPlayer has also been looking into getting to know Laravel (the PHP framework that's powering the main site), so he might be interested in joining as a coder.

Eh, I'll still be around...kinda....  I have to advertise my site here ya know~?  I'll probably pop in every once in awhile to steal a few people to join my website, and generally corrupt you guys.  You're all welcome to come over there and just have fun--those of you that didn't just totally shit on me in the IRC the other day, that is   <_<.

Anywho, I really hate to go, since I really really really really love Fuwanovel and all most some of you guys.  But, to make it clear: I'm leaving because after all that work I put into this site, a good few ignorant members called me some really horrible names, and generally shit on me.  It would've been fine if it were just once, but this has been happening for months, in public, and in PMs alike.  To be honest, I wanted to tell Fuwanovel as a whole to go fuck off, but that's not fair to those of you have been so good and supportive of me--I really appreciate you guys yaknow~!  

So, I'm pretty much never going to lift a finger to help assholes anymore like I did for these past few months--and again, sorry to those of you who have been so good to me.  Don't think it's worth my time to feel so shit on that I want to kill myself.  Seriously guys, some of you people need to grow a heart (They're on sale at Walmart I hear~!  Need those rollbacks~  :wub: ).  Anywho, I wish you all, and this community, the best of luck.  Peace out yo.

I really want this post to stick around, at least until the thread is buried under the usual GD spam (so Steve, hands off please - this is a thank you as well as a bitter goodbye).

I've never had too many personal problems with anyone in here, but this was something I just couldn't take. I already told a few people on IRC that I think they're apathetic pieces of shit and leeches, because Naomi poured her heart out in everything she did while working on and for this site; She was one of the people who kept this site running through direct and indirect means, like making me fall in love with her (<3) and being my motivation in the months after Aaeru went MIA, and everyone who gives and gave her shit for other things she did - guess what, she's not perfect, and neither am I nor you - is just people feeling entitled to their opinion, when they should be happy others devote time and resources into their work on this site to make it grow and expand its reach - you might want to read the site's motto again if you forgot.

I'm leaving as well because I won't stand for this - the people I'm talking about should already know, lest they are even worse than I imagined them to be if they're oblivious to even that - people keep go around claiming what kind of amazing community we have, and we do in the grand scheme of things - but there are a lot of rotten apples among us, enough to offset all the love and enthusiasm both of us are feeling for this place. I don't want to jinx or prophesize anything, but some of you should really get their shit together before Fuwanovel turns into yet another VN site, and we all know they're notorious for having terrible communities that just keep giving each other shit. This has been the one place where that wasn't the case. Keep it that way. Or don't, because unfortunately you guys really have managed to murder every kind of love and empathy I felt for this place. So this is kind-of-goodbye from me as well.

It’s been a rough ride for all of us.  Within what essentially boils down to a  48 hour time period, the site went down, was put back up, my plans for Fuwanovel were largely made impossible, our future stability was both questioned and potentially secured, new information rocked me about where we’re going as a community, and we lost two passionate staff members.  I don't like the language or rhetoric Naomi and Nayleen used above—and wouldn’t tolerate it in almost any other case—but I understand it.  

It continues to frustrate, exasperate, and deeply bother me to see people treating each other so poorly.  I understand that the street runs both ways – I’m not claiming that Nayleen, Naomi, or any of us are innocent of perfect civility – but as adults and friends we have the obligation to respect each other.  There are a lot of us on Fuwanovel, and it’s probably impossible to like each and every other person, but there’s no excuse for personal attacks or abusive behavior.  That goes for everybody.  I've seen some of the rhetoric Naomi talked about -- up close and personal -- and all I can say is that we need to be better.  I've mediated hundreds of spats -- large and small -- throughout my time on Fuwanovel, and each one of them could have been prevented by a little respect and restraint.  Fuwanovel's best quality is its friendship.  We need to preserve that.  I’m not trying to legitimize the rhetoric of these posts – I’m trying to show the real cost and the extent of we stand to lose by abusing each other.  In regards to Naomi, as other members, I can verify that I've read dozens of logs where people said cruel things.  I don't blame her for wanting out -- it wears me down, too.

We need to be better.  

I'll be enacting some reforms to help the community (both the staff and all members) address cases of rude and abusive members.  While I will continue to ask the staff to be examples of respect and civility for the forums, I recognize the need to protect them and everybody else. If I haven't done a good enough job to this point, I apologize. Let’s remember that civility doesn't mean mindless agreement, it means respect as a human right.  The goal is not to control speech, it's to ensure respect in our dialog and interactions.

In any case, this thread has been derailed.  As a collective Fuwanovel would like to thank Nayleen and Naomi for all of their help over all the months they've been with us.  Fuwanovel has been wildly improved thanks to the time and skill you brought to the table.