solidbatman's New Years Giveaway Palooza!

solidbatman

To this moment I don't have too much memories from reading VN (I have a lot of them to read), but when I would have to chose one of them, it probably would be a moment from "Katawa Shoujo" on Emi's route. Furthermore, this moment was before ero-scenes. There was a beautiful relationship between protagonist and her, which I adore...

Anyway, I must explore more VN, because the best "tearjerkers" are unknown for me (as yet).

My fondest memory would be playing Little Busters! for the first time and completing my first VN route, Kud. It was my first time being exposed to a visual novel in general; experiencing good/bad endings for a character, choosing specific options that affect your story and everything about VN's in general. Since Kud was the first route I ever got, had so many feels moment when reading it and some parts were just too much >.<

Fondest memory... hmm...
Grisaia no Kajitsu, Sachi's route, when she explains her past and the awesome epilogue:

I felt really touched by how Sachi thought her parents hated her, that she was only a nuisance (even if she wasn't). Reminds me of myself a little, I too had trouble with my parents when I was a child, and I often blamed myself for everything that happened. "What if I didn't do what I did?", "what if I had been a better kid?", "what if I was smarter/stronger back then?". Thoughts like those often found their way into my mind.

I learned how to face reality though and I now have my facts straight. What happened happened, nothing I can do about it at this point (or when it happened, since I was really young back then). Simple as that.
When they found that letter I couldn't help but shed a tear. It was really touching.

I'm weak to emotional stuff.

Spoilers for Little Busters;

My fondest VN memory would have to be the scene where Haruka and Katana reunite at the end of Haruka's route. During the time where I was reading Haruka's route, I was going through a small bit of sibling trouble myself, so it really hit me hard (In a good way) when the two sisters reunited.

Hmm, fondest memory, huh? Let's see...  this'll be from Little Busters, and I'll keep it in spoilers- wait, nah, it'll be fine. It's an ending you should expect.

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure why I was so fond of this one, but:

I have to admit that my fondest moment has to be

the ending to Komari's route. I honestly did cry a bit out of happiness at the time. I feel like it's a bit personal to go onto why exactly I felt the way I did, but to keep it short, I thought it was really sweet.

Yeah, I know. Saigusa's my favorite character, but I do think that that moment in Komari's route hit home for me. I do have trouble deciding on which of the two are my favorite, so I try balancing it in my mind. pls do not doc points for my story. Saigusa is cool.

Also, as my first VN, it meant a lot to me, since it was the first time I'd ever grown so attached to characters to such an extent before.

To me it would have to be The end of the of Fate/Stay Night Heavens Feel, Normal End..

To me i was surprised on how it ended and i liked how Sakura Spent her life still keeping Shirous Idea of Flowers every year...Also the part where the flowers grew and then it seemed like many years have past...and then you here a child which to me seemed like RIns..

It was sad and heart warming..

my favorite moment from a visual novel was from clannad.

i enjoyed nagisa's route a lot that and kotomi's.

at the start where nagisa dies and ushio was born i was crying.

but i liked the routes that came of it.

My resolution....
i'm engineering student, third year, so, next semester (next year) is my time to do final assignment/essay
and now i'm still don't have a title T_____T
so i'm gonna be focused on my final essay and (final year.....) and hope not too distracted too much by my otaku hobby
not mention next season is coming, hoho
many great anime coming, and also some VN translation nearly completed, ...

about fondest memories on VN

if i must say my fondest memories on VN is.................

playing Key VN, clannad and little buster, rewrite

but most memorable is Little Buster
especially Refrain Arc, (komari is second best, hah) solving original lilbus problem one by one
masato, kengo, kyosuke, and finally rin T_____T
(i'm crying on this arc, can't help it
4 thumb up for lilbus

still waiting for EX translation

and i'm dissapointed by anime adaptation
why JC Staff, u ruin one best of Key masterpiece

okay that's all

Hmmm... There are so many to choose from really...

But I guess that my fondest memory would be...

That scene in Fate/stay night where

(in the fate route) when Saber gives up her entire reason to participate in the war to save Shirou. It's not my favorite moment, but it's my fondest memory,

due to that it made me realize that it was the first time that I had ever gotten emotionally invested in characters enough for me to actually care about what happened to them (and in hindsight, it was probably the mlment that got me into VNs in the first place).

My fondest memory... it's really hard to pick one but Nayuki route in Kanon really got to my heart. Maybe it was because it was the first vn-route of that calibre I read.

If I had read it today it mightn't have given me the same impact as I've read numerous tear inducing routes like Mayuri route in Flyable Heart and Nanagi route in Aete mushisuru kimi to no mirai. These routes also dealt with some pretty interesting psychological aspects/dilemmas and would probably be considered more memorable, but for me Nayuki-route opened my eyes for that kind of quality in a vn thus I nominate it for fondest vn memory.

The Refrain route from Little Busters!, In particular the events after you learn the secret of the world (Not very original of me, I know, but Little Busters! is just that awesome).

G- Senjou no Maou's Epilogue and the ending of HIgurashi's 6th chapter are also really great!

^_^

Surely enough in Cross+Channel

When you go to the hokora the first time the song

Signal plays, then I was like "Oh my...this is going to get ugly (fortunately, it didn't)", and then I immediately remember Nanaka saying "Go to the hokora" everytime, I can't separate these events now, listening to the song alone is relaxing/mind-blowing equally, I won´t forget this anytime soon.