Summer 2023 anime discussion

Plk_Lesiak

So, guys, is there anything worth watching this season outside of sequels? I really struggle to find anything that catches my attention other than Mushoku Tensei Season 2. Will probably catch up on Horimiya too so I can watch the spin-off, but it feels like this season is going to be pretty barren, especially in comparison with how many sleeper hits there were in spring...

7 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen seems to be a pretty popular otome isekai, but I don't know much about it. Other than that, nothing seems particularly interesting.

Right, almost forgot about this one. I definitely won't skip on an otome villainess anime, they always deliver for me at least in some ways. :) Also, the glasses girl anime might be a cute piece of romance? Manga seems fairly well-regarded, and my general fondness for glasses probably won't hurt things. :3

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

they always deliver for me at least in some ways. :)

You know, one of the reasons I like otome isekais is how many different types of stories they cover. Or, at least, used to be. There are cute shoujo romances, nice yuri, mysteries, adventures, country-managing stories, hilarious comedies of different kinds, dark coming-of-age stories, etc. And the list gets even bigger if you include Korean and original English stories of the same kind.  I feel like it's not really true anymore, and most stories I pick up nowadays just repeat the ones I've already read. But it's still nice to see that these stories finally come to the anime format. Even if so far, somehow, none of the adaptations so far are based on novels I've actually read. :pyaa:

Seija Musou's original WN and Ln were both high quality.  It's questionable whether that will translate to the quality of the anime though.

Summer is mostly sequels and isekai for me... I didn't see anything especially interesting on the list otherwise.  I am surprised they are reviving Bleach at this point, and I'll definitely watch the Kenshin remake (though the story hasn't aged that well).

Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou - I feel it can be good guilty pleasure. Yeah, it'll be probably dumb show, but to be honest I think sometimes we need something like that to know value of good series

• 2 weeks later...

Only Yohane (Read: Love Live Sunshine spin-off) is somewhat interesting, and even then the premise may have the people to just initially dismiss it. Speaking of Love Live, while it's unusual to not have 3rd season of Superstar directly (Because I expect it to aired in this season), I guess this may be a good move to avoid the production problem that apparently plagued both seasons, especially after last episode of 2nd season ending which prove that most of the people won't appreciate Grisaia no Meikyuu like ending in the finale (Well duh).

For the rest, I don't know if I'm gonna watch Ryza (I don't play the game yet) and Bang Dream 3rd season. There's also Masamune-kun 2 with the story apparently will touch the real cause of Masamune's past, and Kanokari 3rd season that apparently will adapt the best arc (Which not really hard to accomplish, but still worth a mention), and Sweet Reincarnation (May as well check this occasionally). There's also Bleach final arc part 2 which to say is far better than the other Shonen Big 3 when it come to adaptation (No saying much really besides that it mean less filler because the manga is already ended), and also isekai anime where the MC reincarnated as vending machine (Ask the one who wrote the webnovel in case you wonder if the premise is out of the world).

PS - Now that we have Yohane anime, perhaps I may as well watch the whole Love Live Sunshine if I have the chance later.

Edited by littleshogun