What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I'm currently playing through Persona 4 Arena Ultimax's Story mode. I'm about halfway through the P4 story and have yet to touch the P3 story or Adachi's story. 

I thought the P4 side was the worst honestly.  Episode Adachi was amazing though. P3 was good too to see where everyone is. 

Got a good amount of Prototype 2 done. It's so fun just grabbing an unsuspecting person and throwing them far out into the ocean lol.

I kinda disliked Prototype 2.  Sure, it's pretty to look at and it plays well, but they ruined Alex Mercer and majorly changed the tone of the game...plus the new protag they introduce is kinda 2D.  He seriously seems to forget about his daughter for 3/4 of the game.

I kinda disliked Prototype 2. Sure, it's pretty to look at and it plays well, but they ruined Alex Mercer and majorly changed the tone of the game...plus the new protag they introduce is kinda 2D. He seriously seems to forget about his daughter for 3/4 of the game.

Yeah, not even close to the previous but it's a fun game regardless. Just preference I guess? lol

Yeah, not even close to the previous but it's a fun game regardless. Just preference I guess? lol

Yeah, pretty much.  I mean, the previous Prototype wasn't a masterpiece, not by a long shot, but I loved it.  Can't really say the same for Prototype 2  :/

The fact that they got a different voice actor for Alex and majorly changed his personality kinda killed any chance of me really liking the game...and it's kinda cliche for a protag  from an earlier game to make a face-heel turn and suddenly become the main antagonist.  Still, I never liked the new protag, Heller, enough to get emotionally invested, and his frequent swearing combined with his abrasive personality kinda put the final nail in the coffin for the chance of me liking the story and characters.

That said, the gameplay was improved greatly; playing Prototype 2 was a lot more fun, for me, than playing the original, even if it was made easier, simply because it worked so much better.  I remember encountering seemingly unintended interactions in the original that made playing it a lot harder, which was frustrating, which was why I liked the gameplay of the sequel so much.  Dem combo mutations, doe...so stronk.

Hanzo, getting it out of the way first.  I just beat chapter 1 so far, nothing really interesting as of yet.  Do you get what I mean with the aerial raves though?

Yes, but there will come something far worse you'll have to face...

COLBERT_PIC.png

I will say the Hanzo storyline gets better once Homura and co. show up, though that's going to be a while...

Nowadays, I'm spending most of my time replaying old games. I just finished Super Robot Taisen: Endless Frontier. The tit bounce level was ridiculous and my favorite character is Gespenst Haken lol. I hate how you didn't get to use the robots as party members, and I felt, right until the end, that there was enough space at the bottom of the SRW party list for another 'bot. The ArcGain's theme has to be the coolest battle theme in the game, though I don't understand why they didn't just call it SoulGain and why they used a new battle style. It's not unwelcome, just unneeded. I liked SRT for it's brutal strategy aspect, not for how quickly you could press A.

Just a question, but does Vice City have some secret mission, because I can't find any more missions. I've completed all the asset sidequests and all the main story missions as well as the gang war bit. I have already bought all the properties too. Sonny still asks me for the money, so I feel like there should be another mission, but there isn't any. Do I need to have like $999999999999 or something?

Yes, but there will come something far worse you'll have to face...

COLBERT_PIC.png

I will say the Hanzo storyline gets better once Homura and co. show up, though that's going to be a while...

So far I don't mind the Hanzo story, it's at least got some decent plot elements.  I like none of the Gessen girls though, but I haven't played their story yet.

I have to say, they did a nice job improving the mechanics, it's a lot more fun now.  

What world line you did choose?

(Still Wolfenstein TNO)

Wyatt Timeline. Doesn't really make sense how saving a different guy immediately makes you more able in lockpicking and finding better armor pieces, but then again Wolfy is not about a coherent story. It's about exterminating Nazis and their goddamn dogs with dual shotguns in a narrow hallway while you sprint-slide into some cover.

And for that, I'm lovin' it.

Downloaded more games for the GBA, as well as Super Metroid, Metroid II and both Oracle Zelda games on the GBC.

(Still Wolfenstein TNO)

Wyatt Timeline. Doesn't really make sense how saving a different guy immediately makes you more able in lockpicking and finding better armor pieces, but then again Wolfy is not about a coherent story. It's about exterminating Nazis and their goddamn dogs with dual shotguns in a narrow hallway while you sprint-slide into some cover.

And for that, I'm lovin' it.

Downloaded more games for the GBA, as well as Super Metroid, Metroid II and both Oracle Zelda games on the GBC.

You'll be surprised, the story is coherent.

Actually it's the sequel to Return to Castle wolfenstein and Wolfenstein 2009.

So far I don't mind the Hanzo story, it's at least got some decent plot elements.  I like none of the Gessen girls though, but I haven't played their story yet.

That's the thing with the Hanzo story, if you played Gessen's first (which I did) you would not come away from the former happy. Basically in the Hanzo story the Gessen girls have no character outside of being the antagonists (and unfortunately the same can be said of the new Hebijo girls in their brief appearance in this storyline), while in their storyline they actually have an arc.

That's the thing with the Hanzo story, if you played Gessen's first (which I did) you would not come away from the former happy. Basically in the Hanzo story the Gessen girls have no character outside of being the antagonists (and unfortunately the same can be said of the new Hebijo girls in their brief appearance in this storyline), while in their storyline they actually have an arc.

To be fair though, the same can be said of the Hebijo in the first game.  Each group really only shines in their own story (aside from Hanzo cause they're the same bland thing everywhere).  To be honest though I'm all aboard the Hibari train this game, probably the only Hanzo I really like.

Which story-line is best?

I'd say in comparison to the first game the Hebijo girls had at least some  small character moments with Homura and Haruka in the Hanzo storyline.

The brief scenes we see from Homura's POV and her late game interactions with Asuka. Not to mention Haruka's friendship with Hibari.

I'd say of the three storylines you can initially access the Gessen girls have the best (the new Hebijo girls' storyline is good, but the way much of their story plays out can be offputting), but out of all of them the best storyline is (not surprisingly) the unlockable one for Homura and co.

I'd say in comparison to the first game the Hebijo girls had at least some  small character moments with Homura and Haruka in the Hanzo storyline.

The brief scenes we see from Homura's POV and her late game interactions with Asuka. Not to mention Haruka's friendship with Hibari.

I'd say of the three storylines you can initially access the Gessen girls have the best (the new Hebijo girls' storyline is good, but the way much of their story plays out can be offputting), but out of all of them the best storyline is (not surprisingly) the unlockable one for Homura and co.

True, I'm not far enough yet to judge.  I just find all of the Gessen traits off-putting, especially mask girl.

Do I just beat all the other stories to unlock it then?