Just finished G-senjou no Maou (Spoilers)

Antera

Dame, wish Epilogue was bit longer too see what happens after prison (8 years was dame too long).. it really sucked that Azai did't knew he had a child (missing your child's 7 years is cruel. as father myself it hited home). would have been cool if he took over Yakuza and become big boss like his father... also what did Haru named the kid? I believe she named after Azais mother (don't know if I wrote last sentence right)

Edited by Antera

I was seriously wondering what they named the kid too. 
I enjoyed the ending. Did you do all the side paths? I regret doing them after I finished the main path. I actually liked them a great deal.

One of my favorite parts of the end sequences was when it was basically hell on earth and people were being raped, murdered, everything was on fire, and it played this sick sountrack:

Also when Haru tried to play the violin that one time and started hallucinating and freaking out it scared the shit out of me.

Edited by Corrupted

I also enjoyed this VN very much. But i still remember my thoughts about MC's actions that led to 8 years in a jail... I mean, i understand his behaviour and answers to the police about what happened to Maou (saving Haru and all), but i think he could give slightly different answers to both saving her and avoiding jail, maybe not fully, but ofc not 8 years (some months or even weeks). Like with Haru's fingerprints on the gun - he could say they she found it in that city occupation created my Maou and later they just forgot to dispose of it because of aftershock. Same goes for other questions police asked him. He could give logical answers that could mitigate situation.

Anyway, aside from story, i also like some OST, especially these:

Ye I did all of them first and then main path. Last chapter was the best one, When hell went lose.. finally Azai showed sum balls and took main stage. Also after googling around I found kids name. it is belived Haru gave Azais sister's name to a kid. Only things that hit me hard was those 8 years in Prison. I believe Azai could have done more to get less sentence 

Does the game explain why Haru did not visit Kyousuke while he was in prison? Everyone else did and I cannot imagine she could not even get one free day for 8 years. Or at least write him a letter. 

This way it seems like she just did not tell him so the ending would get more emotional.

Didn't he tell it in a way that seemed like Maou was about to shoot first or something?

For the most part I really liked G-Senjou. The pacing was great, the mystery was build up well, the writers avoided too many logical holes (at least in the true route). But every once in a while, the story was haunted by severe lazy writing that undermined the otherwise clever storytelling.

14 hours ago, Corrupted said:

WHY did he only get 8 years?!

He shot that guy intentionally! Essentially in cold blood, as far as the law was concerned. 8 years seems hella lenient, especially given his pretend confession.

Yeah, I thought so as well. I'm no lawyer but 8 years seems more like a sentence you'd get for drug trafficking or something like that. Then again, he served for 8 years, but do they ever mention what his actual original sentence was? :vanilla: I can't remember.

Congrats on finishing this VN, OP. It's not perfect by any means, the writing has some serious flaws and everything outside the true route is mediocre at best, but man, the good parts are so good (like that freaking epilogue) that for me they definitely make up for everything it didn't get right. Sometimes it's not the objectively best VNs the ones we enjoy the most, or at least that's the case for me.

4 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Yeah, I thought so as well. I'm no lawyer but 8 years seems more like a sentence you'd get for drug trafficking or something like that. Then again, he served for 8 years, but do they ever mention what his actual original sentence was? :vanilla: I can't remember.

Congrats on finishing this VN, OP. It's not perfect by any means, the writing has some serious flaws and everything outside the true route is mediocre at best, but man, the good parts are so good (like that freaking epilogue) that for me they definitely make up for everything it didn't get right. Sometimes it's not the objectively best VNs the ones we enjoy the most, or at least that's the case for me.

For me...all it takes is a good ending and all is forgiven. Seriously.