Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

I'm considering getting a couple (quite large) h/sdd's to use for different media types. I have more movies and shows on my laptop than I may ever have the time to watch. Factor all the games, VNs, and music I'd like to have as well into the mix and I'll be out of space in no time (or I could just delete The Sims 3 :P). And I'm always finding new things to download/torrent

... That was a joke. I am not a geezer; I am not even close to middle aged yet. Half the stuff in my house is wireless.

On a side note. Am I missing something? A card with HDM out is only about 30 or so dollars. I know because I bought one for a dinosaur PC. It does HDMI output of video at 1080 just fine. Also, not every HD tv comes with USB. I have a 50 Inch perfectly awesome one from a couple of years ago with no USB slot. On the other hand. I have never seen an HDTV with not HDMi slot. (Just to clarify this is not a jab or anything. Just geektalk from a fellow computer geek.)

Ah, my apologies if I came off defensive. I did think you were joking, but also took it as an opportunity to share about my interest in the current techies. Like you mentioned I saw a 2006 video card by NVIDIA for 35 dollars, I was considering for the HDMI. However, there were no sound output to go with it. As I understand, the current HDMI cables like Twisted Veins (15)  have several features that are not supported by older HDMI slots. You'll still get picture and that's about it. All cards in that price range perform below my motherboard's included display device. Plus, it was a video card that I once owned to play WoW. It felt  backwards... 

I suppose for sound, if you lack a desktop sound system like myself, you could purchase a thin audio cable that outputs from your sound card into your HDTV input. You'll have to settle for analog instead of the SRS included with the HDTV. Depending on your TV placement (wall mounted, or stand) , you might have to find a cable long enough. The wires aren't all that expensive. It's the labor, time gathering parts, and messy wires everywhere that can be off putting.

After having my gaming PC meltdown in 2013, I've been more cautious about choosing my accessories. 

The Chromecast and Roku both connect to your HDMI connector by the way. It works on older HDTVs (at least Chromecast does). They only use USB slots to power on. A nearby outlet would also suffice. 

Guh. I realized how dumb I was a few minutes after posting but I was in the shower and could not fix my error. Of course those Devices run on HDMI. What the heck was I thinking?!?

Also it looks like I am outdated. I have not really looked at pc parts in such in over a year. Just browsing through stuff I realized this. I need to catch up.