Rance 5 6

sevencamelot

56 minutes ago, yorikbad said:

Late December, I believe, right before Cristmass. 

They haven't announced anything so that would be speculation. It wouldn't be surprising to see a near-Christmas release, though.

Or maybe it will be January. The last actual speculation from MangaGamer was an interview a couple months ago when they said they were aiming for the end of the year. Plans can change, but considering it's been out of beta for a couple weeks now I expect that the goal is still attainable.

If they're out of beta, they could launch in December.  Arguing against that is that MangaGamer typically tries to stick to one release per month, and Himawari releases 12/6 - but this is mere circumstantial evidence.  More circumstantial evidence is from their latest status update (dated 11/12):  There are several games at "beta testing in progress", but (other than Himawari) only the Rance games are "beta testing complete".

However, note: in that update, Rance 5D is described as "beta testing complete" whereas Rance 6 is described as "Beta testing in progress".  So it's already not as up to date as the latest tweet, which is that they were out.  Other games that were 'in beta testing' might have also finished testing in those same 2 weeks.

So, what's my takeaway?  It's highly likely that Rance is the next release after Himawari.  (I believe they're releasing as a double pack?)  Beyond that, not sure.  Even that's not 100% guaranteed, and even if it's right, it's not 100% guaranteed that there's a late December release.  Since there's another release in December (and holidays coming up) MG might want to ease up a bit.  Releasing Rance in January gives them some time to line up the next release in Feb - rather than release Rance in Dec and then have only a few weeks to get something else ready for Jan.

Hard to say; might make December, if not, probably not much later.

2 hours ago, Decay said:

They haven't announced anything so that would be speculation. It wouldn't be surprising to see a near-Christmas release, though.

It IS speculation. But judging by their recent schedule and the importance of this title for MG I think they will do whatever they can to release it in the end of the year. Holiday season is the best time to sell games. Even perverts celebrate Cristmas.

1 hour ago, Zenophilious said:

Yep, and they have a whole lot of rape in 'em, too.  I don't think the story is necessarily bad in most of the Rance games, but the h-scenes are definitely the focus.

To elaborate, Rance (the main character, where the series gets its name) was specifically designed as a parody of the standard RPG goody-two-shoes heroic main character.  He is anything but; he was designed, basically, to be the reverse: a self-centered callous asshole.

I've never actually played any of them, because that really isn't my cup of tea.  But I'm familiar with the general concept.

3 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Yep, and they have a whole lot of rape in 'em, too.  I don't think the story is necessarily bad in most of the Rance games, but the h-scenes are definitely the focus.

I don't care if they have rape or not, but I want to avoid titles that have tons of sex scenes, for example I managed to completely finish Majikoi S, but I certainly wouldn't do it again as that game has like 25 sex scenes. I am okay with games that have at most 10 sex scenes in the game, but more than that and I certainly wouldn't be interested.

Titles I have played which have an acceptable amount of sex scenes:

ef a fairy tale of the two

G-senjou no Maou

Ikkikoi

Inganock

Majikoi!

Muv-Luv

Muv-Luv Alternative

Sharnoth

etc

Titles I have played which have an unacceptable amount of sex scenes:

Beat Blades Haruka

euphoria

Majikoi! S

Edited by Nier

6 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

I'd say in a vast quantity of them the gameplay is the focus.

Taking the most famous example, calling Sengoku Rance a nukige would be ridiculous.

I myself have also played Rance 2 and Kichikuou Rance; the latter is much like Sengoku Rance, and the former is more in the style of what these upcoming ones should be like. Still not a nukige. Definitely a lot of H-Scenes, and closer to a nukige than Sengoku and Kichikuou, but most of the time you're grinding monster (girls?) or trying to figure out which convoluted set of actions you must take to continue on your adventure.
Frankly, this is as adventure game as it gets for me. I honestly don't play these types of games often, but Rance has a very specific type of charm to him.

Edit: For instance, Rance VI is classified as "Long (30-50 hours)". I'd be damn well surprised if sex were the focus.

Edit 2: Especially interesting is how the gameplay is never quite the same, either. Some are simple turn based Attack/Defend/Spell/Item, others introduce new elements to vary it up, some are strategy world conquering games like Sengoku and Kichikuou.

As for the date, well I don't know but at least I agree with Nandemonai that there's a chance of December release. But then again like Decay said January was also possible. In the end, I think no one know when the exact date for the release (Even Mangagamer staff if I say because like Decay said there'll be some change of plan).

Oh, while Rance and any translated Alice Soft games (Daibanchou and Haruka) had many sex scenes, I think in those games we'll be more busy to try to understanding and enjoying the gameplay instead of enjoying the sex scene (At least to me), because usually sex scenes were only optional and it was quite possible that we'll encounter minimum number if scenes (I admit the writing of sex scenes were quite good though). Well, to each of their own I suppose.