Psycho-Pass, did anyone read it yet?

Nuka

I have not watched the anime, but I read about this as it was announced at it seemed right up my alley. I am a huge fan of this type of VN's.

But now I see that the reviewers are saying it is not beginner-friendly for newcomers to Psycho-Pass and that the game is only 3 hours each route x2? That kind of put me off when the price is $39.99.

Hmm, anyone?

1 hour ago, novurdim said:

VN features a completely different story so I doubt this is much of an advice. 

I'm keeping in mind that this is someone who doesn't know the universe of the series, and personally, I think the VN would be a poor introduction that might be a dealbreaker to it. 

I absolutely love the reviews being put up that rate it around 5/10 for having a lack of gameplay and a linear story. It's like saying a FPS is only ok because there was too much shooting in it. Otherwise it seems like if you really like the psycho-pass anime you will enjoy the vn according to other sources, it appears there is some background stuff that is fleshed out about the world that wasn't really addressed in the anime. 

But yah, you should watch season 1 first of the anime. The VN takes place between the 1st and 2nd seasons.

9 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

I absolutely love the reviews being put up that rate it around 5/10 for having a lack of gameplay and a linear story. It's like saying a FPS is only ok because there was too much shooting in it. Otherwise it seems like if you really like the psycho-pass anime you will enjoy the vn according to other sources, it appears there is some background stuff that is fleshed out about the world that wasn't really addressed in the anime. 

But yah, you should watch season 1 first of the anime. The VN takes place between the 1st and 2nd seasons.

I'll only play it because i want to receive orders from Akane Tsunemori, is that enough? 

4 hours ago, Nuka said:

But, hm. Is it really only 6 hours readtime/playtime?

That depneds onhow much you want to do.

6 hour ist about one playthrough without skiping, to see everything you need at least 5 playthroughs if you follow a detailed walkthrough with smart saving& loading.

If you want to complete the gallery aou have to earn points by playing a minigame, in the translated game you don#t need as much time as you would in the original (you earn way more points now) but you might still need to play it a long time (how long depend on how good you are at the minigame and on your luck).