Charage/Moege with Yankee protagonist?

ShinRaikdou

5 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not but the word Yankee in Japanese means delinquent, lout, hooligan, ruffian, etc.

Not sarcasm at all - in the United States a Yankee is generally considered a slang term for an American, especially one from the North-Atlantic area. Hence the New York Yankees.

So now we know how the Japanese view us...

Just now, Valmore said:

Not sarcasm at all - in the United States a Yankee is generally considered a slang term for an American, especially one from the North-Atlantic area. Hence the New York Yankees.

That part, most of us know, which is why I elaborated on the Japanese misuse of the word for you. It's a common translation fail to actually say Yankee when the nuance is actually delinquent.

1 minute ago, ittaku said:

That part, most of us know, which is why I elaborated on the Japanese misuse of the word for you. It's a common translation fail to actually say Yankee when the nuance is actually delinquent.

Sorry, my Japanese language knowledge is non-existent beyond "konichiwa" and "domo arigato" so when I hear the term Yankee I figure the slang for American.

Wasn't the protagonist of Clannad supposed to be a delinquent? I think that was even an important point in some story arcs, like in Tomoyo's because she was school president and not supposed to hang around with the likes of him. Though he's certainly more of a 'soft-delinquent'.

Too bad there's no VN for the School Rumble anime. That delinquent protag was real fun.

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

Wasn't the protagonist of Clannad supposed to be a delinquent? I think that was even an important point in some story arcs, like in Tomoyo's because she was school president and not supposed to hang around with the likes of him. Though he's certainly more of a 'soft-delinquent'.

Too bad there's no VN for the School Rumble anime. That delinquent protag was real fun.

Tomoyo is the protagonist, Tomoya is the girl running for class President who eventually gets her own eroge.

Tomoyo is a delinquent in the loosest sense of the word. If he had a stable home life he'd probably be closer to normal.

1 hour ago, Valmore said:

Tomoyo is the protagonist, Tomoya is the girl running for class President who eventually gets her own eroge.

Tomoyo is a delinquent in the loosest sense of the word. If he had a stable home life he'd probably be closer to normal.

VNDB claims it's the other way round and Tomoya is the protag and Tomoyo the girl.

7 hours ago, Valmore said:

Tomoyo is the girl here, If one is unfamiliar with japanese, names that end in ya are typically boy names, and vice versa for yo.