If my heart had wings snow present eng patch?

andzalot55

59 minutes ago, andzalot55 said:

Well I would like to learn the language but where should I start? I have no knowledge on the language.

Hiragana and katakana, bro.  Memorize both sets and their sounds.  I'd recommend taking a class, personally, it makes it a lot easier and takes less time.

By the way, if you want to know if something has an English patch, check its VNDB page.  If there's no English release listed, either partial or full, then nobody is translating it and there is no translation.

I fucking hate that meme - some of us (me) barely have enough sight to read english, let alone the subtle differences in the japanese language. I know it's human nature to be presumptious and ignorant, but is it so hard to consider that not everyone is "just too lazy" to learn the language?

:salt:

/rant off - just cranky today, don't mind me :makina:

1 hour ago, Zenophilious said:

Hiragana and katakana, bro.  Memorize both sets and their sounds.  I'd recommend taking a class, personally, it makes it a lot easier and takes less time.

By the way, if you want to know if something has an English patch, check its VNDB page.  If there's no English release listed, either partial or full, then nobody is translating it and there is no translation.

Yea I was thinking of it. I live in the french province of Canada but finding a class should somewhat be difficult to find.

1 hour ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

I fucking hate that meme - some of us (me) barely have enough sight to read english, let alone the subtle differences in the japanese language. I know it's human nature to be presumptious and ignorant, but is it so hard to consider that not everyone is "just too lazy" to learn the language?

You can set the font to whatever you want using a text hooker and an alternative text display such as Translation Aggregator.  My friend is severely visually impaired (he has to sit right in front of a 35" screen to read oversized English subtitles) and he still managed to learn Japanese and play VNs.

2 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

:salt:

/rant off - just cranky today, don't mind me :makina:

not really, its only for people that complain about stuff being translated, that was the main idea behind the meme when I created it, try to focus on learn the spoken language and get a JP text to speech engine if your sight is that bad

3 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

You can set the font to whatever you want using a text hooker and an alternative text display such as Translation Aggregator.  My friend is severely visually impaired (he has to sit right in front of a 35" screen to read oversized English subtitles) and he still managed to learn Japanese and play VNs.

Him and I sound similar in some cases (though I use a 42 inch tv - sometimes it's not as great as you think, what with all the neck strain :P). That aside, I admit I'm probably using my poor sight partially as an excuse, when presented with your valid example. It's def. something for me to consider - mindset plays a pretty hefty role in these things when all is said and done.

3 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

not really, its only for people that complain about stuff being translated, that was the main idea behind the meme when I created it, try to focus on learn the spoken language and get a JP text to speech engine if your sight is that bad

Ewww, text to speech is terrible... I tried to use the typical english version that comes with windows on a whim... I'd rather give up computers altogether then have to listen to that prattle on, lol. :wafuu:

Anyway, don't sweat it Kawasumi, I was just posting like a cranky person for various illegitimate reasons. :P

5 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

wow dont give him credit for my meme bro #memepolice

I didn't really notice it take off until Sanah made his amusing blog post - 

It was pretty funny then, and Sanah made a good point. However, these days I'm seeing people stick it in most threads when someone asks for a translation. Not complaining about there being no translation, but asking if there is one. I'm gonna be honest with you, I have this thing where if somebody shoves something in my face again and again, I react by just not doing whatever they want me to do. It's not logical, but I really don't care. They could get in my face to shout 'FREE GOLD BULLION JUST DOWN THE NEXT STREET, COME WITH ME AND YOU'LL BE RICH' and I'd just punch him and keep on walking. I don't need a lot of money anyway, I can survive without.