Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Keinart

One Thousand Lies [Download for free from STEAM or ITCH.IO]

Recommended Posts

Where best to go to report any sort of typo? For now, I'll just leave them in this post:

 

I was worried I wouldn't find anything wrong with the... translation? Writing?
Nevertheless, the old typo never disappoints.
 

Spoiler

VFu9agN.png

Assuming I didn't mess up my versions, this should be 1.2. Recived is misspelt, received is not.

EDIT: Here's an iffy line. Or maybe I just don't get it.

Spoiler

bJ6RWsL.png

Too many plans for me. I don't get if he's planning on planning something or if he had it all planned out just according to keikaku.

EDIT 2: Might be slip-up, a typo, or nothing.

Spoiler

S3GqilG.png

The last line starts lower cased. Or maybe it's missing the stating "A"? Or maybe none of these things. You tell me.


Besides that, bloody hell, this has been brilliant. I'll continue to play through it, in delight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

...

Thank you for reporting them, I don't know how I missed the planning one. There's always typos hidden here and there so I appreciate when they get reported so I can fix it for the next version. If you find more you can send them to me through here or through private message, any way is fine.

Algo I'm glad you are liking it so far, I love to hear feedback from people! I recently got to 500 downloads (thank you!) but you never know if people is liking it or not unless they tell you :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I've found something off in one of the scenes, although I may absolutely be mistaken.

Spoiler

kiZIT2M.png

Ziva asks for one of the innocent souls to accompany her, to which Luce agrees, and then Claire says that.
Frankly, I found it to be slightly incompatible with her personality as we know it, and even stranger when she's pushed/pulled in order to follow them, showing some unwillingness. Cheating, I decided to take a look at the Spanish version, and although I'm no expert, I think the meaning may have gotten slightly twisted here.

"Would one really be enough...?" implies she thinks it isn't enough, which in turn, given her status, implies she's offering to go with them. Being slightly anti-social and having to be pulled in order to accompany them, this wouldn't make sense.

Consider "Wouldn't one be enough...?"; Here she shows unwillingness. She thinks it's good as it is and that she doesn't need to go with them. Of course, she's forced to anyway, hence the pushing.

...I think. I may have interpreted both the Spanish and the situation incorrectly, and I apologise if I did, although no real harm has been done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Where best to go to report any sort of typo? For now, I'll just leave them in this post:

 

I was worried I wouldn't find anything wrong with the... translation? Writing?
Nevertheless, the old typo never disappoints.
 

  Reveal hidden contents

VFu9agN.png

Assuming I didn't mess up my versions, this should be 1.2. Recived is misspelt, received is not.

EDIT: Here's an iffy line. Or maybe I just don't get it.

  Reveal hidden contents

bJ6RWsL.png

Too many plans for me. I don't get if he's planning on planning something or if he had it all planned out just according to keikaku.

EDIT 2: Might be slip-up, a typo, or nothing.

  Reveal hidden contents

S3GqilG.png

The last line starts lower cased. Or maybe it's missing the stating "A"? Or maybe none of these things. You tell me.


Besides that, bloody hell, this has been brilliant. I'll continue to play through it, in delight.

Argh... I found about 20-something different things for fixing but missed those. :komari:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Valmore said:

Argh... I found about 20-something different things for fixing but missed those. :komari:

I'd have volunteered to help typo-hunting if I hadn't been so late to the party. Still, I was sure I'd nevertheless manage to find things to complain at with my unparalleled reading things aloud in a silly voice skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

I'd have volunteered to help typo-hunting if I hadn't been so late to the party. Still, I was sure I'd still manage to find things to complain at with my unparalleled reading things aloud in a silly voice skills.

Should you ever decide to have kids or become a teacher of very young children, that skill is essential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have a great announcenment. The Steam Greenlight for One Thousand Lies is a go! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660334350

fuyFj9r.jpg

I wasn't really planning to do this at the beginning but a lot of people told me to try it out and that it would be cool to see the game in Greenlight, and here we are! If you liked the novel or just feel generous, I would appreciate your votes, and also share around online so everyone finds out.

The support until now has been great, a lot of people seems to like it and we are close to the one thousand downloads. I never expected this much, and for that I love you guys <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Keinart said:

So I have a great announcenment. The Steam Greenlight for One Thousand Lies is a go! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660334350

fuyFj9r.jpg

I wasn't really planning to do this at the beginning but a lot of people told me to try it out and that it would be cool to see the game in Greenlight, and here we are! If you liked the novel or just feel generous, I would appreciate your votes, and also share around online so everyone finds out.

The support until now has been great, a lot of people seems to like it and we are close to the one thousand downloads. I never expected this much, and for that I love you guys <3

Voted for approval

Hope it gets you a wider audience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished it a while back.

It was amazing.                     

I really enjoyed the comedy and the characters. The story itself was well structured and the execution was done nicely too. I actually liked the ost quite a bit and all the tracks were well used.

I do one question regarding Claire though:

So I gather that she was Ciar's creation and didn't actually exist.  

If so then how are all the interactions of the other characters with her explained? She was shy and didn't talk much and was shown being constantly ignored but still she did have quite a bit of relevance. Shoving all of those interactions as Ciar's delusions seems a bit too much.   

 

Oh and that showcase of the wolf=Ciar, Moon=Claire and Sun=Luce was quite nice. (Claire standing beside a reflected moon was a great touch)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FinalChaos said:

Finished it a while back.

It was amazing.                     

I really enjoyed the comedy and the characters. The story itself was well structured and the execution was done nicely too. I actually liked the ost quite a bit and all the tracks were well used.

I do one question regarding Claire though:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

So I gather that she was Ciar's creation and didn't actually exist.  

If so then how are all the interactions of the other characters with her explained? She was shy and didn't talk much and was shown being constantly ignored but still she did have quite a bit of relevance. Shoving all of those interactions as Ciar's delusions seems a bit too much.   

 

Oh and that showcase of the wolf=Ciar, Moon=Claire and Sun=Luce was quite nice. (Claire standing beside a reflected moon was a great touch)

Spoiler

Not everything in the story was the truth. That was one of the points brought forward in the ending. Claire never existed, and those times she was interacting with the others, it was most likely just the MCs imagination or his ideal truth, not reality. 

That's the way I look at it at least.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dergonu said:
  Hide contents

Not everything in the story was the truth. That was one of the points brought forward in the ending. Claire never existed, and those times she was interacting with the others, it was most likely just the MCs imagination or his ideal truth, not reality. 

That's the way I look at it at least.

 

 

 

Yeah as I said, all of the interactions could be shoved in as Ciar's delusions but in many instances the characters interact with her quite a bit and the characters have also referenced to her quite a number of times.

So I wanted to know how knowledgeable the other characters were about Claire, did they have no clue about her or were they assuming it as Ciar's antics and playing along or something else entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FinalChaos said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah as I said, all of the interactions could be shoved in as Ciar's delusions but in many instances the characters interact with her quite a bit and the characters have also referenced to her quite a number of times.

So I wanted to know how knowledgeable the other characters were about Claire, did they have no clue about her or were they assuming it as Ciar's antics and playing along or something else entirely.

 

 

Spoiler

Hmm.. I remember one scene where Diniz said something along the lines of "be careful concerning claire" or something.

Also, during the ending when he stopped talking with Luce on the phone and supposedly talked with Claire, we saw from her perspective that "there was only silence." Yet she said nothing to break the silence during that pause, like she was patiently waiting for him to finish his delusion. This was after the others had explained to Luce exactly what happened with Ciar in the past.

Bottom line, I think that they knew Ciar had created this Claire person, but I don't think he was openly communicating with her as if she was literally there. It was completely happening in his own head, and the others knew about it.

Again, just my thoughts on it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love reading theories, just according to keikaku :upupu: I'm glad you liked it FinalChaos, it's always great to hear people feedback and opinions about the novel. Especially if they are positive (but I'm open to hate in case you want :P)

About the spoilers, I won't really tell "what happens" since I prefer to leave it so people can discuss about it, but I'll give a tip because everyone is always doing me the same question once they finish it lol

Spoiler

Never in the novel it's mentioned that Claire does not exist. Neither the opposite. She talking with the rest of the characters can actually make sense but you guys have to think about it from another perspective. Dergonu was pretty close actually in one of the answers.

And that's it, maybe after some time I'll decide to give all the answers and all the details in the novel in case somebody care by then (>implying somebody cares about it now).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keinart said:

I love reading theories, just according to keikaku :upupu: I'm glad you liked it FinalChaos, it's always great to hear people feedback and opinions about the novel. Especially if they are positive (but I'm open to hate in case you want :P)

About the spoilers, I won't really tell "what happens" since I prefer to leave it so people can discuss about it, but I'll give a tip because everyone is always doing me the same question once they finish it lol

  Hide contents

Never in the novel it's mentioned that Claire does not exist. Neither the opposite. She talking with the rest of the characters can actually make sense but you guys have to think about it from another perspective. Dergonu was pretty close actually in one of the answers.

And that's it, maybe after some time I'll decide to give all the answers and all the details in the novel in case somebody care by then (>implying somebody cares about it now).

I still care and want to know :wafuu: I do think like Derg about his theory 

Spoiler

something like maybe claire did exist at one point but most of the time it was ciar imagination and everybody knew about it, the same way they knew about her leg condition but they didnt say anything 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keinart said:

PlwsnAk.png

THE GAME HAS BEEN GREENLIT!!! Thank you everyone! I can't believe this, it only took 8 days to pass the greenlight!!! I thought it would take forever, this is amazing, I'm jumping right now. This is incredible. Thank you!

That's rather fast actually

Congratulations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Keinart said:

THE GAME HAS BEEN GREENLIT!!! Thank you everyone! I can't believe this, it only took 8 days to pass the greenlight!!! I thought it would take forever, this is amazing, I'm jumping right now. This is incredible. Thank you!

Congrats! :sachi: I did not even have time to vote, haha. 

The word about this game has been spreading through the forum quite fast, (and for good reason! This really is a gem.)

Hopefully the steam greenlight will make it even more popular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Keinart said:

PlwsnAk.png

THE GAME HAS BEEN GREENLIT!!! Thank you everyone! I can't believe this, it only took 8 days to pass the greenlight!!! I thought it would take forever, this is amazing, I'm jumping right now. This is incredible. Thank you!

seems quality works DO pay off in the end though. congrats & definitely looking forward to whats possibly next to come (a man can dream). to me OTL biggest plus is that it doesnt feel linguistically like its been written by some semi-nerdy 12year old, but rather with some real thoughts & skills behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...