Which VN should I finish?

Mr Poltroon

What VN should I continue reading?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. According to what I've written and your opinion, which should I continue reading?

• Koisuru no Last Resort
    • Noble Works
    • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
    • Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning

This poll is closed to new votes

Fairly simple and self-explanatory.

What VN should I read right now? There's a poll above, these are my thoughts bellow:

• Finish Koisuru no Last Resort

When I initially played it I was quite liking it. Then I got to an H-Scene. Typically, I'd skip them straight out, but sometimes, when they truly feel love-filled, I read them. The problem? Reading H-Scenes makes me bored beyond belief so I quit. This was almost 4 months ago. Turns out the part I left off at was a rather long (and therefore fantastic) pillow-talk scene. If this VN has more of such things... I'm all for it! Seems like a good choice.

• Finish Noble Works

I was one of the beta-testers for the fan translation of this title. I read three and a half routes in an incredibly short span of time, whilst also combing through the text as well as I could, meaning it exhausted me mentally. Consequently, I was too tired to read the final two routes, both of which with characters I really like. This is going to sound weird, but I haven't read it since the day it released. If I've gotten over my over-saturation, I really liked what I did read and enjoy of this VN.

• Finish Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Kai

I read the first "episode" of this VN. To be honest, I quite liked it at the time, but it was taking so long I decided I'd watch the anime instead. In all honesty, I loved the anime, particularly the second season. However, this means I actually did never read the original VN. That's something I regret and want to do eventually. Three years (or thereabouts) have passed since I watched the anime. If I'm lucky, I should be able to read this VN without getting bored out of my mind.

• Finish Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning

I never thought there'd be a VN with a female protagonist where she wasn't my favourite character. Turns out there is. But although I don't think much of our protagonist, I really like Tesla. And the setting a bit, mostly because I like history.  This VN has an awful lot of slice of life scenes, which makes me like it more than I'd like other titles in the same series. Speaking of series, I'm probably the only one who doesn't like poetic writing style, or in general, the writing style in this VN. I summon @Decayto laugh at me.

9 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

regarding NW, thats actually exactly why i bombed the beta testing :makina: 

jk i still didnt read squat when it came out.

~~

Jocky Thoon. Liking male characters is kinda your thing so since u likey Tesla you should finish that off

Liking male characters is my thing? That's the first I've heard that said about me... though I can see how it would make sense.

7 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

It's alright to be gay for Tesla. The guy is all action and performance and absolutely no pointless talking and bullshit. It's the perfect trait to make anyone fall in love for him. :miyako:  

Tesla is my #1 husbando and nothing will change that. I love his character immensly. I'd fuck him, no questions asked.

voted for Gahktun, because it seems like the most interesting novel in the list.

As for noble work, it is a fun VN to read. But for your mental health, you can stay away from it. The other option is to use the skip button to skip trough the not so important bits and only read the important bits of the routes that you still have to read.
I do that quite often after i have read two or three routes of a VN, because i eventually tend to get tired of the repeating same old stuff. This differs per VN though.

I am personally in a similar position with Rewrite, i just can seem to get into the VN, and i cant see why.
I like most of the characters, the story is decent, the comedy is decent. The only thing kind of missing is world building.

1 hour ago, havoc said:

voted for Gahktun, because it seems like the most interesting novel in the list.

As for noble work, it is a fun VN to read. But for your mental health, you can stay away from it. The other option is to use the skip button to skip trough the not so important bits and only read the important bits of the routes that you still have to read.
I do that quite often after i have read two or three routes of a VN, because i eventually tend to get tired of the repeating same old stuff. This differs per VN though.

I am personally in a similar position with Rewrite, i just can seem to get into the VN, and i cant see why.
I like most of the characters, the story is decent, the comedy is decent. The only thing kind of missing is world building.

How much of Rewrite have you played? Because there is no shortage of world building in most of the routes.