VN/Life

Rain Dog Studios

On life - An introduction:

'Life' is a visual novel created by Rain Dog Studios, which revolves around a young man as he struggles to keep up with life. Does he do that which is expected of him, or follow his dreams? As he further wrestles with these questions, he begins to question the world around him, the people in it, and his own memories. What is his life? What has he done with it? These are questions we all face, but which is scarier, the lies we tell ourselves, or the truth?

Origins:

'Life' is an adaption of a series of unreleased novels. The story has been rewritten into a script that adheres better to the visual novel medium. Currently there is a projected 40 plus hours of game play in the various routes.

Choice:

'Life' is not a story, life is a world, one which I want to share with you. This world is my dream, one which brings restless nights, and spontaneous shivers. Your choices will have consequences and effect the world around you, the answers are never straight black or white, and perhaps you will never truly understand the weight of your decisions. Understand however, the choice is always yours.

Your choices will lead you down multiple paths as you interact with the world and those around you. Each of these characters have their own personalities and goals as deep as your own.  

Screenshots:

image8.png

image6.png

image9.png

Untitled_2.png

Character Artist:

Ainoyū

Background Artist:

Allen Lim

Current Progress:  

Trial version: Alpha

Full game: Common-route coded.

Thank you for allowing me to share with you my dream.      

Thank you for the interest everyone. I am troubled by the 'bobble-head' comments and would like to discuss this matter further if I may. I must first establish whether this is a serious problem. I am biased when it comes to the artwork, as I have worked with these characters for many long hours, it is hard not to become attached to them. Therefore I admit my opinion is invalid.

I have attached a preview of two more characters, and the rest of the characters (there are many) follow the same proportions. So I ask, when you are immersed in story, furiously clicking away, will you suddenly stop and ponder... "Why does she have a such a big head?"

This may simply be a matter of personal preference, yet I would still like to hear peoples thoughts. 

image4.jpg 

You're probably fine. It will take people a bit of time to get accustomed to the more-chibi-than-usual style, but I think it looks pretty good. The proportions look similar to Symphonic Rain's characters - I had initial reactions of "this looks weird" with that VN, but after playing for an hour or so I was fine with it, so when I glance at your art it mostly seems fine to me (just Symphonic Rain-ish).

Although... looking at it closely, even aside from the chibi-ness, some of the sprites in the screenshots (especially the right one in this last screenshot, and the left one in the original post's screenshot) seem to have a slightly flatter top of their head than my brain is expecting, which I guess is actually bugging me a little... Ponytail girl on the left, right above, and arms-crossed-blushing-girl in the original post screenshot look great, though. And I love the coloring on the sprites.