Notable translator, Conjurer, is running a "What do you want to see translated tournament'

farispie

6 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

oh yes, getting the good navel (sorry chaos raven, I had too) games over would be amazing, its also something that would be the most obvious choice since earlier partnership with mangagamer.

Technically, we shouldn't have to rely on a fan translation for Navel stuff considering MangaGamer once had such a close partnership with them. But since they started to change partners like underwear and going mostly for VN's of questionable quality, I almost lost my faith in them.

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

I'm not on twitter so I can't vote, but if I could I would vote for Hatsuyuki Sakura. I don't play 640 x 480 VN's anymore because I start to see pixels on the screen, so Baldr Force is out of discussion anyway. The other two look kind of old so I'm not sure if I could even motivate myself to read them. Scarlett looks more interesting than Aozora, but its VNDB rating is too low for a decent story VN.

In the long run I hope that either Dies Irae, Eustia, Ikusa Megami, Tsuriotsu or Oretsuba will make it though.

Dies Irae and Eustia will make it really far. They're pretty popular for unTLed visual novels as well as White Album 2 which I hope he translates because I don't want a machine TL version.

37 minutes ago, Scorp said:

Where you read that he "will translate"? By me he is just bored and decided to make a poll to see user expectations. Conjueror do not tl vn's for free, you know.

:salt::salt::salt::salt: 

What's wrong with that? He has learned languages, he's got JPN cert, so why not make some money out of it? Everybody needs to eat/drink and pay the bills, stop being salty...  

I think this "VN Championship" will show what "VN fans" want the most, and from that everyone(companies etc.) will know what titles should be prioritized.

You should be happy that there's one more translator... instead of bashing him for taking the money for it.

1 hour ago, Maxel said:

:salt::salt::salt::salt: 

What's wrong with that? He has learned languages, he's got JPN cert, so why not make some money out of it? Everybody needs to eat/drink and pay the bills, stop being salty...  

I think this "VN Championship" will show what "VN fans" want the most, and from that everyone(companies etc.) will know what titles should be prioritized.

You should be happy that there's one more translator... instead of bashing him for taking the money for it.

What? How you come to idea that I am bashing him? Read my post once again, as is it completely opposite from what you told.

I do not understand, why someone in this thread think, that he is choosing a game to translate. He is a professional translator, and he obv would not do charity here. And only way he will get paid - if he is hired to do that job. So that's just a poll, nothing more, nothing less.

Also why I should be happy for him? And why only for him? Why not for Arunaru, tulip goddess, Gare, Makoto, BlackDragonHunt and others, who also do their job? You seems should take a nap, as I see no logic behind your words.