Konnichiwa Fuwa...novelians? O.o

Hey there, for those who dont know me my name is ontop of that amazing picture on my left, so you can call me that and no, Its not my real name.

I have been lurking around this forums for quite some time and i finally decided to creat an account since this seems to be a fun community.

With that out of the way, lets talk about me! Im your average guy who regrets never taking any Japanese classes when they were around...WHY!? WHY DIDNT I TAKE THEM?!

....Ahem!...Im also new to VNs, wich means i have only played one so far...yeah...I know...but Im also watching a playthrough of another one at youtube, so lets make that two, ok? Surprisingly, I fell in love with the genre, the pure focus on character development and story is such a nice change from modern games, i simply couldnt resist and knowing there were great fan translations out there showed me how much you guys must care about it, a devoted fanbase is what makes many games great, so I at least wanted to be a part of it by joining here, its a small step but its one nonetheless.

Well, i wont bore you any further so, there ya go, thank you all for reading :D

Ja Matane!

Hey, welcome to the forums! I'll join the Batman wagon in asking about the VN you've played. Was it Katawa Shoujo? Fate/Stay Night? How about the one on Youtube?

In any case, we're really happy to have you with us, and, so, welcome! Glad you decided to start posting : )

hey welcome

i felt like japanese classes didn't help me that much, i took 2 semesters worth of it at uni, and i wish i took it during high school

it was only much later when i did all the drilling in my own time that i got all the kanji down squat.

but it does kind of, *forces* you to study, which is helpful i guess...?

Wow...soooo many replies...Im lost here...but lets try to answer some of them and yes, I know the name makes me sound like a real Japanese guy, wich is a good thing, since that was its intention, it took me a LONG TIME to come up with it, so thanks for the compliment!

About the VN i played (currently playing) its called Hoshizora no Memoria, wich i felt in love the second i saw it, Its just that good!

Muv-Luv is the one im watching over youtube, it had a slow start at first, i didnt like the models and charatcers but it all grew on me over time and now im at Muv-Luv Unlimited already.

Yup, thats what i need, the Japanese classes were supposed to kinda force me to study...something to keep pushing me you know? because if im on my own i just tend to give up...though history tells me that im not like that...since i learned english by myself...after playing video games for years of course...by the way, thats an awesome way to learn it!

Wish i could do the same for Japanese....but those...words? symbols? epicly writen things? whatever! they just dont make any sense!

Also...whats IRC?

Hi & welcome to the forums!

Japanese might seem impossible at first, but once you learn a bit about it you come to realise it's just like any other language, and it becomes easier! Kanji are really hard to learn, but they honestly start to make sense after a while! If you taught yourself such great English then I'm sure you can do the same with Japanese ;)

Hi & welcome to the forums!

Japanese might seem impossible at first, but once you learn a bit about it you come to realise it's just like any other language, and it becomes easier! Kanji are really hard to learn, but they honestly start to make sense after a while! If you taught yourself such great English then I'm sure you can do the same with Japanese ;)/>

Arigatou gozaimasu! Thats what I want to believe, but the problem is I dont know exactly where or how to start...english came naturaly for me, japanese on the other hand seems like a total different world....

Arigatou gozaimasu! Thats what I want to believe, but the problem is I dont know exactly where or how to start...english came naturaly for me, japanese on the other hand seems like a total different world....

Gramma and basic alpabet is the easiest way to learn japanese.

You can use romanji at first to understand the basic then use hirakana.

Katakana is the same as hirakana but use in vocab that from another language and basic of kanji.

If you watch anime for a long time, It make you learn japan easier too.

My language (thai) is harder to master than japan. :(

Gramma and basic alpabet is the easiest way to learn japanese.

You can use romanji at first to understand the basic then use hirakana.

Katakana is the same as hirakana but use in vocab that from another language and basic of kanji.

If you watch anime for a long time, It make you learn japan easier too.

My language (thai) is harder to master than japan. :(/>/>

Hmm...now what I lack is the material to actualy start learning, watching anime would would only teach you some phrases and thats not good enough for Takashi!

Hey, Joshyan-san, could you tell me how you learned Japanese? Is it similar to your native language in any way? Did you have a hard time learning it?

Welcome to Fuwa, Fujimoto :). Let me ask you about something, are you from Germany?

Hey, Joshyan-san, could you tell me how you learned Japanese? Is it similar to your native language in any way? Did you have a hard time learning it?

There is no 'perfect way' to learn a language, mate. Learning a foreign language will never be easy. Especially language like Japanese (you need to get used to new characters which are different from latin alphabet). You just have to "live" the language and the rest will come itself. Learn kanji, master hiragana/katakana, think Japanese, watch anime/read manga, try to find some Japanese friends online, talk with them, play japanese games... There are a lot more ways to learn the language, you just need to discover them. Don't give up.

Welcome to Fuwa, Fujimoto :)/>. Let me ask you about something, are you from Germany?

There is no 'perfect way' to learn a language, mate. Learning a foreign language will never be easy. Especially language like Japanese (you need to get used to new characters which are different from latin alphabet). You just have to "live" the language and the rest will come itself. Learn kanji, master hiragana/katakana, think Japanese, watch anime/read manga, try to find some Japanese friends online, talk with them, play japanese games... There are a lot more ways to learn the language, you just need to discover them. Don't give up.

Yeah...I know I cant give up...but...unlike english, Im really having a hard time looking for ways to study it...If I had like, basic knowledge, a dictionary or anything I could just play some games and improve it over the years...but starting from scratch barely leaves you any options.