Shiny day as bad as schoolday ?

Maulvat

Hello !

So, heard today of Shiny day and i was just wondering if it was as... Disturbing as School Days ? 

Thanks for your answers.

I've only scraped the surface from Shiny days and only through research but i have however played School days all the way through as well as watched the anime and it's fair to say that it's not only a terrible Vn and anime ( which they chose the worst ending out of the vn for it) but it's highly disturbing for how some of the characters are made to be and the actions they take....Makoto is a huge POS and most the girls (excluding a few who are not to blame entirelly) are backstabbers and have no second thoughts when it comes to betraying their so called friends...and as far as i could tell Shinny Days (which i think focuses on Makoto and setsuna the council girl from school days) isn't quite as bad from what i've gathered but in order to find out i'll have to play it to know

Hope i was of some help (though admitedly not much) :wafuu:

Edited by DarkZedge
forgot something x.x

Hello !

So, heard today of Shiny day and i was just wondering if it was as... Disturbing as School Days ? 

Thanks for your answers.

So I haven't played shiny days myself either, though I think we can safely conclude that shiny days is not at all as disturbing as school days.

I am personally one of those people who actually enjoyed school days,(Yes ik, I'm a freak), so maybe I am a little biased, but based off the VNDB ratings, the reviews I've read, and based on the fact that there isnt a point made of the bad endings in that VN anywhere that I can find at least, I'd say its a big step up from school days.

That being said, it probably is still similar, and therefore might not be enjoyable if you find school days to be absolutely horrendous.

I'd say give it a go if you really feel like it, though if you aren't really up for it and would rather play something else, then do that instead.

I think people's hate for Makoto is totally overblown. He's only a piece of shit if you make him be a piece of shit. And it's not hard to avoid the yandere outcomes. 

School Days was bad for reasons unrelated to both of those factors. The abysmal animation, the plodding dialogue, the frustrating branching system, and so on. 

I don't know if Shiny Days is any better. I was going to give it a shot when they released the bugfix and restoration patches. Now that they did so many months later, I kinda don't feel like it anymore, lol.

I've played through about half of Shiny Days.  As Nosebleed commented, there's less melodrama and it's more light-hearted.  Shiny Days is more or less a harem comedy revolving around Setsuna as the main heroine, with side-branches for the other characters.  I haven't fully explored the original Summer Days content, however.

I think people's hate for Makoto is totally overblown. He's only a piece of shit if you make him be a piece of shit. And it's not hard to avoid the yandere outcomes. 

School Days was bad for reasons unrelated to both of those factors. The abysmal animation, the plodding dialogue, the frustrating branching system, and so on. 

I don't know if Shiny Days is any better. I was going to give it a shot when they released the bugfix and restoration patches. Now that they did so many months later, I kinda don't feel like it anymore, lol.

There's a lot of scenarios without the horrible gory endings in which he still acts like an asshole. Not that I think he's a completely horrible person, I thought there were a lot of nice moments with him in Shiny Days (mostly those with his little sister), but he still does some pretty awful stuff to people.

Regarding shiny days, the main plot with Setsuna is probably some of the dumbest drama I've ever seen. As a game it's a lot more light-hearted and you won't find any gory bad endings like in school days, but there are a few really questionable sex scenes even without the rape scenes involving Kokoro. 

Shiny Days is pretty tame compared to School Days. Instead of the more dramatic (and fun IMO) misunderstandings that result in bloody conclusions, a large number of the endings are very mundane bad ends that don't involve violence or drama the way School Days endings did. Needless to say, this leads to a far less disturbing game than School Days - especially if you buy the JAST version (without the recently fan-released restore patch). The Kokoro bad end won't be there, resulting in a lot of endings that are mundane and boring, endings you could find in many harem eroges like Da Capo.

Overall, I feel that it suffered for it. A lot of people might find School Days so-called "revolting", but I find that the shock factor of the drama it had made it quite the fun experience, being able to play this dick in a satirical mockery of harem eroges. Shiny Days, on the other hand, just felt like it lost that spice and sizzle. There's no feeling to it at all.

However, I've heard that Cross Days returned all the dickish goodness to the story, so there's going to be a lot of debauchery involved. Woo hoo! Can't wait for that translation!

Edited by Lucius