Just another Visual Novel reader

InvictusCobra

Why am I writing this? I don’t know, I just felt like sharing.

Where to start… Well, as all of you I am a fan of Visual Novels. I’ve read a few, but due to personal problems I had to stop for my own good. However, I found out that reading violent VNs with no romance was OK, so two weeks ago I read Kikokugai – The Cyber Slayer and Hanachirasu. After that I wanted to read more, but sadly most are not translated so I went and tried to read I/O… until I found Togainu no Chi… Now, during random searches on VNDB this one had come across me a few times, and despite liking Yaoi anime, the screenshots of the H-scenes just made me say “Ew, I’m not touching that.” 

A week ago I noticed it was translated, and whilst I was preparing to read I/O, I thought: “To hell with it, it’s Nitro+ so it’s good.” So I began reading TnC. Finished it just now and I am proud to say… I don’t regret my choice, as I loved every moment of it. The action, the characters, the music (first VN I ever found besides Blazblue with Metal), the CGs… and even the H-scenes. Yes, I enjoyed the sex scenes, the muscled bishounens raping and loving each other. Granted, not in a sexual way, but that’s not what this is about. 

I guess the point of this is that I just wanted to say: Don’t let prejudice and a narrow mind hinder you. I thought this would be somewhat disgusting and I found myself enraptured by Togainu no Chi. Do I think I’m special because I’m a straight guy who reads and enjoys Yaoi? I’d be lying if I said I didn’t, and I guess we all require something to make us feel unique.

Despite this foolishness of mine, in the end we’re all equal and bound by the same thing, the love for the medium and I… am just another Visual Novels reader.

That is all and I thank you for taking the time to read this.

Here: a nice,albeit sad music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AajUk0E0fAo 

Edited by InvictusCobra

Well, half a decade ago.... when I still had a soul and went to church on a weekly basis, I would have considered 95% of the otaku culture (I find myself neck deep in now) to be wholly disgusting and evil. I've crossed soo many boundaries since then, but yaoi still remains one of the few borders I dare not cross. I can't shake my indomitable phobia of anal fissures.

Edited by Soulless Watcher

Just because you read yaoi doesnt mean youre gay.

I read yuris all the time but Im not a lesbian. Dont assume and question your sexuality with your vn preferences. The human mind is may be fickle but you shouldnt forcibly dislike something because society dictates you to.

pretty much true & those who refrain from reading chirals novels miss some real good titles, which i consider way better in terms of story than its momentary the case with their parental company plus a good bunch of interesting and non generic characters.

Like others have said, what you read doesn't dictate what you are as a person.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying a yaoi game. I've read a couple yaoi romances that were actually pretty fun and I'm not gay either.

As for the sex scenes, male rape is actually the only kind of rape I can deal with when it comes to hentai. I can't really explain why though, but I guess what's interesting for me is seeing the typically strong male characters made powerless whereas when it's female rape it's typically always someone who was already powerless being taken advantage of. So I don't blame you for enjoying a different side to sex scenes, I myself have come to find many things I didn't think I would enjoy by exploring around.

I can't shake my indomitable phobia of anal fissures.

I opened this thread expecting your comments on anal fissures. Was not disappointed.

That vns sounds good I mean an adult villain hero in a dystopian world sounds really good but then again i just cant read it with high amount of sex in a yaoi vns with rape...no thanks :P

TnC has low sexual content though, around 1-2 H-scenes per route (plus 2 in bad endings). As for rape... In case of Yaoi, I'd rather have that than consensual, romantic sex. I don't like BL in general, so I'm not a big fan of bishies getting all romantic with each other. But rape is fine. :P

That aside, there's nothing really special about liking TnC, regardless of the gender and sexual orientation. It's simply a good, dark VN.

That vns sounds good I mean an adult villain hero in a dystopian world sounds really good but then again i just cant read it with high amount of sex in a yaoi vns with rape...no thanks :P

TnC has low sexual content though, around 1-2 H-scenes per route (plus 2 in bad endings). As for rape... In case of Yaoi, I'd rather have that than consensual, romantic sex. I don't like BL in general, so I'm not a big fan of bishies getting all romantic with each other. But rape is fine. :P

That aside, there's nothing really special about liking TnC, regardless of the gender and sexual orientation. It's simply a good, dark VN.

I don't have anything against yaoi but when it comes to sex scenes or love between males is just not my cup of tea, specially rape scenes then again I might read it some day, I started enzai a long time ago, i didnt know about all the rape back then xD, and dropped it because of that but the plot was interesting, then again I have so many vns to read that reading a yaoi one is not my top priority right now but I'm sure I will someday, to be honest a lot of the intro+ vns sound really good in terms of setting or plot like lamento.