Underrated Visual Novels

Snowtsuku

^It might not be talked about that much, but it's #46 in popularity and #17 in rating on vndb. Well, vndb isn't everything I guess, but it's pretty much the only real statistical site...

That's true, but you rarely see people talk about it. And a lot of people don't even bring it up or place it in a top 10. I really think that it just deserves more love then it gets.

Visual Novel

----------------------

-Soul link

-onigokko

Anime

-------------

-Ben to

-Ga-rei Zero (I like it so muchhhh)

Light novel :D

------------------------

-Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria (This LN derseves an award)

-Sayonara Piano Sonata

Just my opinions :)

Dandy Girl

LEAVEs

Uhh, I'm too lazy to really say much more. Also Analogue has a lot of shit/ragevoting on vndb imo, but it still has a decent vote distribution if not bayesian rating, so there is that.

Reminds me they said that they will improve Dandy Girl.

Also the problem with it is that the DL link is already dead. Glad already have it when it died.

And I'll check everything you guys listed.

VN: I cannot think of one cus what I have read got a lot of love already. Well, but I just hope to see 恋ではなく got at least 85 score in EGS. :(

Anime: So many I cannot remember right now.

LN: Hakomari (Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria), Kino no Tabi, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon (and Anime version as well), Baccano!, and Tsukumodo Antique Shop

-Ga-rei Zero (I like it so muchhhh)

if this is the anime with the chick who kills things by running them over with her motorcycle in the first episode,

WHO THEN IMMEDIATELY DIES ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE I THOUGHT WAS PLOT IMPORTANT IN THE FIRST EPISODE

then I hate that show for that exact reason. it is the only time I have ever considered pushing evangelion out of my #1 least favorite anime of all time spot.

don't even care how it ended, I loveded the biker chick.

yea, it was.

this girl.

if this is the anime with the chick who kills things by running them over with her motorcycle in the first episode,

WHO THEN IMMEDIATELY DIES ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE I THOUGHT WAS PLOT IMPORTANT IN THE FIRST EPISODE

then I hate that show for that exact reason. it is the only time I have ever considered pushing evangelion out of my #1 least favorite anime of all time spot.

yea, it was.

this girl.

The anime was great, how can you like that character so much? I mean, she's on the screen for like what? 5 Minutes? You don't get to know her neither.

A shame that the whole anime is only a prequel to the manga, therefore the anime's ending sucks.

I think an underrated anime is Yosuga no Sora, a lot of people dislike it because it has "sex scenes", I really enjoyed it, furthermore it has a great OST, I'm glad trjr's guys decided to translate its visual novel, I enjoyed it too.

yea, it was.

this girl.

I agree with this in full, godammit, how could they do that. I'd like to see a prequal about the backstories of guys who died with not even a full episode's worth of screentime.

The anime was great, how can you like that character so much? I mean, she's on the screen for like what? 5 Minutes? You don't get to know her neither.

A shame that the whole anime is only a prequel to the manga, therefore the anime's ending sucks.

I think an underrated anime is Yosuga no Sora, a lot of people dislike it because it has "sex scenes", I really enjoyed it, furthermore it has a great OST, I'm glad trjr's guys decided to translate its visual novel, I enjoyed it too.

not just her, the guy was cool too. they get enough history in the 5 minutes that they're onscreen to get my attention and then

BAM! everybody dies.

the thing I hate more than anything else in anime is

introducing a character just to kill them off. especially when it does absolutely nothing for the story, or even worse, when it's used as a crutch for a shitty character to start doing something(which may or may not be the case here, just saying overall). if I had started watching from the second episode I probably wouldn't have cared.

basically their deaths ruined the anime for me, and as good as it may or may not be, I can't watch it.

not just her, the guy was cool too. they get enough history in the 5 minutes that they're onscreen to get my attention and then

BAM! everybody dies.

the thing I hate more than anything else in anime is

introducing a character just to kill them off. especially when it does absolutely nothing for the story, or even worse, when it's used as a crutch for a shitty character to start doing something(which may or may not be the case here, just saying overall). if I had started watching from the second episode I probably wouldn't have cared.

basically their deaths ruined the anime for me, and as good as it may or may not be, I can't watch it.

well, I have no problem with this kind of thing. (Rather episode 1 served as an awesome action-filled prologue for me)

And what I like most from that anime is

Yumi and Kagura friendship. They executed that pretext perfectly. Especially, that awesome fight in episode 12 which is supported by an emotional insert song + flashback. I personally considered Ga-rei zero episode 12 to be one of the best episodes from animes.

And yes, I like Ga-rei manga too. Romance + action is always good to see.