Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort Discussion Thread

TexasDice

Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite heroine?

2. 2. Favorite route?

This poll is closed to new votes

Finished Umi's route and am heading towards Sango's.

Umi's route was nice.  I mean, I was expecting

something related to her parents to actually happen, since they were mentioned several times, so that was a little disappointing,

Well, bummer, since I'm not gonna be learning Japanese anytime soon.  I'm jelly  >.<

Sango's route is actually interesting so far, even though the pacing is really quite terrible.  Hope this develops pretty well, because it's managing to hold my attention, which is something Umi's route kinda failed to do.  I mean, adorableness is nice, buuuuut a little boring after a while.

Finally got to an actual choice and I think I'm going umi for the first playthrough the only other character I like so far is Nagisa and to a minor extent Shiori...although I think Nagisa is locked out the first time through...not sure if that's true or not but the option to pick Nagisa is unavailable. Umi I have a few issues with so far but her personality grows on you rather quickly even if the adorableness will likely get old; admittedly I am expecting none of the routes to be all that great but maybe I'll be surprised.. 

I might have to change my opinion regarding Nagisa. She's actually pretty nice once you get to know her more on the fandisc. She has interesting "hobbies" and not just work-work-work slave. Also she actually opens up to Yuuhi more and isn't as dense not realizing that she has a crush on her like on this game. 

Also fanservice shot with the two:

TjC0fXU.jpg

Just finished a few routes and I'm thinking I should state my opinion. Very enjoyable VN, lot's of relaxing situations. After arriving at the resort, I was grinning a whole time, looking forward in how situation is gonna resolve. The fact that this novel is so enjoyable is that I liked the MC. I hate when they tease the girls too much or than they are too much of a prick. Soutarou was pretty slick and thoughtful.

I've done 4 routes at the moment, and Nagisa just stole my heart. Big-sister kind of personality is my thing, but I liked that she was strict and caring at the same time. Her behavior when she was about to enter a relationship was adorable. Also, both Umi and Riho come to a second place.

now i reach sango's 4 h-scene. i think every route is escalated very quickly..............so for now

girl: sango>umi>nagisa (i cant resist sango's charm)

boy: sango>umi>nagisa (sango's route has more drama than in umi's)

also i keep pressing " up down up down left right left right B A B A Enter " in the pulltop late logo thinking that i will go to the green haired route...........(sob)

/topic/2086-clephas-vn-of-the-month/?p=88697">http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/2086-clephas-vn-of-the-month/?p=88697

This was my post on this VN when it came out... I'm kind of surprised I went into so much detail considering that it was a pale imitation of a much, much better VN, lol.  

Did anyone else feel like every route except Umi's was reverse NTR?

Every VN with multiple routes can feel that way I suppose, depending on which heroine you get particularly attached to, but this is the first one I can remember (that wasn't an intentional NTR story) where the protagonist and one of the girls are in such an obvious relationship before the story even starts. It wasn't "official" in that neither of them acknowledged it before going to the island, but still. The way Umi was treated like she stopped existing two seconds after entering every other heroine's route really hurt the believability of those stories, at least for me.

There's no world I can imagine where Soutarou should jump directly into the arms of some other girl without even once considering how Umi would feel about it, but that's exactly what happened in every route but her own. It was bizarre.

Did anyone else feel like every route except Umi's was reverse NTR?

Every VN with multiple routes can feel that way I suppose, depending on which heroine you get particularly attached to, but this is the first one I can remember (that wasn't an intentional NTR story) where the protagonist and one of the girls are in such an obvious relationship before the story even starts. It wasn't "official" in that neither of them acknowledged it before going to the island, but still. The way Umi was treated like she stopped existing two seconds after entering every other heroine's route really hurt the believability of those stories, at least for me.

There's no world I can imagine where Soutarou should jump directly into the arms of some other girl without even once considering how Umi would feel about it, but that's exactly what happened in every route but her own. It was bizarre.

That's not really how you define NTR or reverse NTR. Know that Umi and Soutarou were merely friends/acquaintances before going to the island, and had to play bf/gf role to make sure there was even a reason to invite Soutarou over there since the island is all girls except Wataru who is his own "category". Other than Umi's route, this bf/gf relationship didn't evolve to more than roleplay.

If Umi was actually vocal about how she's against Soutarou going out with other girls or was crying in the corner about how unhappy/jealous she was about it, then it might be NTR (although still not quite). But Umi on other girls' routes was all just, "pervert! pervert! idiot!" Furthermore, there was no deception from the other girls' route or lines like "I know you're going out with Umi but we're gonna **** anyway." Lastly, note that the girls started making their "move" when the fact was already known that Umi/Soutarou were not really bf/gf. 

Example: 

After Umi and Soutarou got caught, Shiori invied Soutarou to live with her and when night time came, she started seducing him and started stroking his manhood.

Sorry, I'm sensitive with NTR issues. I just get pumped up when people bring it up and I try to correct/educate them whenever possible. xD

Finished Sango's route.  It kind fell flat, in my opinion.  Unlike Umi's route, it actually had a tangible problem, and that was nice, but the drama kinda felt like it went on and on, and that really killed my motivation to read, which made it take longer to finish.  Some parts felt a bit exaggerated as well, and that's always a little irritating.

On to Shiori's route.

Finished Sango's route.  It kind fell flat, in my opinion.  Unlike Umi's route, it actually had a tangible problem, and that was nice, but the drama kinda felt like it went on and on, and that really killed my motivation to read, which made it take longer to finish.  Some parts felt a bit exaggerated as well, and that's always a little irritating.

On to Shiori's route.

I think if they focused more on Sango and didn't go distract themselves with Konami's drama, they would have given Sango more spotlight.

As I said before, the actual "drama-confrontation-discussion-Summerslam-2015-Mania"-scenes went on for a little too long. The characters just talk and talk and talk and talk without really getting to the point, which made me lose track of what exactly we're even talking about in the first place. 

That and the fact that both of those scenes actually happen back-to-back was tiring.

I only said this once before, (about Isuzu's route from Hoshimemo,) but it applies to Sango as well: Turn the plot down a notch and do more of the filler stuff.

Some of the conflicts/drama in KoiRizo are just being pushed too far and quite unrealistic when applied and analyzed better.

EDIT: Forgot spoiler tag!

Like Umi going emo after being scolded by Nagisa. Really? =P Or Nagisa refusing any help when Soutarou is a goddamn college student who is smart and can actually get his shit together more than she does....

• 2 weeks later...

Finally making some progress in Shiori's route after getting a new CPU cooler and struggling with boredom while reading.  Just got to "the trauma", and

I seriously started laughing.  Resta Concordia = Costa Concordia, captain shirked his duty and jumped ship, "occurred far away from Japan".  Not exactly subtle there, Pulltop.  Just change Schettino to Schitteno, I'm still not getting it. /s