Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort Discussion Thread

TexasDice

Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite heroine?

2. 2. Favorite route?

This poll is closed to new votes

Finally making some progress in Shiori's route after getting a new CPU cooler and struggling with boredom while reading.  Just got to "the trauma", and

Hidden Content

I thought about diving into Shiori's hardships on more detail, but felt like the ship had already sailed. While I too was highly amused by the real world connection, the incident was actually fine as an vessel for the story. 

But nonetheless, it was aboat time someone resurrected this thread.

... please, Eclipsed... justdoitemoticonncsie.png

Don't get me wrong, so far it's one of the more believable traumas (aside from Konami's), it's just a little silly that they ripped an event from the news, slightly changed it and then pushed it back in time.  You'd have to have not checked the news any time during 2012 for it to go over your head.

I thought about diving into Shiori's hardships on more detail, but felt like the ship had already sailed. While I too was highly amused by the real world connection, the incident was actually fine as an vessel for the story.

The+puns+it+hurts_01d643_4782660.jpg

Guys, i want to ask you samething

i play vn in my netbook that it has resolution less than 1280x720, can i play this game ?

i see the same question in the first page, but i cant see the answer ..

Apparently I get this error if I try to run this game w/ 1024x768 resolution on my lappy (゚皿゚;)

NVwpguI.png (509×220)

Hidden Content

Absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Finished Shiori's route.  The ending was rather unsatisfactory, in my opinion, which was a shame, considering that her character started out so amusing and there was believable emotional trauma involved.  Just kinda felt rushed.  Moving on to Riho's route.  Gonna do Nagisa's afterwards, then wrap it up with the 3P route.

Hidden Content

Absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Finished Shiori's route.  The ending was rather unsatisfactory, in my opinion, which was a shame, considering that her character started out so amusing and there was believable emotional trauma involved.  Just kinda felt rushed.  Moving on to Riho's route.  Gonna do Nagisa's afterwards, then wrap it up with the 3P route.

Guess i was a bit unclear. I should have said "towards the end" but it was wrong anyway. I was pretty much waiting for the kissing scene when they were confessing their problems with each other. I don't know how japanese girls act, but the words "i love you" came up a few times during the argument. It was my first route in this vn so i didn't know what to expect.

Riho's route was pretty epic. Of course the part with Umi when she said she loved her had me worried for a second, but the route just turned out great. I wouldn't have minded  a simple threesome,  but if love betwen all three becomes a factor, then it's just awkward. But that is more a general statement of such a situation.

Edited by Stormwolf

Hidden Content

There is such a thing as loving someone as a friend, you know.  It's pretty common for female friends to say that they love each other, from what I've seen, and I've seen guys say that they love each other as friends.  I love my best friend like a brother, and I've told him that.  I can confirm that we didn't start making out.  There is a Sango x Soutarou x Konami threesome CG set in the fandisc, though, but I'm sure everyone saw that coming.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

If i read the leadup to the scene  and the scene itself i bet my left hand that it pretty much confirms my previous hunch. But you are right about what you said about telling a friend you love them, it just felt more than that when i read the scene.

Not sure why certain companies produce pure love stories and then follow up with a sequel with crap like that. Having optional 3p routes are fine, but keep the main routes true to the original. Sharin no Kuni did it in a good way. You could choose to do it or not, and even if you did it wasn't known if it was a dream or not. My girlfriend is the president fandisc however.....

Edited by Stormwolf

All the remarks about marriage and yuri were heavily lampshading the fact, that it wasn't meant to be taken that way.

Whatever happens in fandisks and isn't titled as "after story", shouldn't be taken seriously. Like the Osadai Fandisk, these routes weren't called SIDE:Irina and SIDE:Ell for nothing. 

Probably true. Haven't read enough to feel confident about such stuff yet tbh. Still the Osdai fandisc description on vndb says: "This is the official "fan disc" (short sequel) to My Girlfriend is the President" So it's surely a sequel/afterstories however you choose to look at it. But i guess it's best to treat it as if doesn't exist.

Edited by Stormwolf

Fandiscs aren't always canon.  Koirizo's is combined with one of Pulltop's other VNs, Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to. (full title of the fandisc is Kanojo to Ore to, Koisuru Resort ~Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to. & Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort W Fan Disc~), and they are most definitely not in the same universe.  Fandiscs tend to be "what-if" scenarios anyway, so I wouldn't put much stock in their story.

Guys, i want to ask you samething

i play vn in my netbook that it has resolution less than 1280x720, can i play this game ?

i see the same question in the first page, but i cant see the answer ..

Apparently I get this error if I try to run this game w/ 1024x768 resolution on my lappy (゚皿゚;)

NVwpguI.png (509×220)

ohh, too bad

i really want to play nagisa's route after all ..

thanks for your reply,btw .. im new here so i think nobody will answer my question .. :D

Fandiscs aren't always canon.  Koirizo's is combined with one of Pulltop's other VNs, Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to. (full title of the fandisc is Kanojo to Ore to, Koisuru Resort ~Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to. & Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort W Fan Disc~), and they are most definitely not in the same universe.  Fandiscs tend to be "what-if" scenarios anyway, so I wouldn't put much stock in their story.

Agreed. Also, last thing we need in this thread are Canon_EOS_450D_Xsi.JPGwars.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Finished Riho's route yesterday

It was ok I guess. I probably wouldn't liked it more if the ending hand't tripped up. The idea that Sotouro and Riho break-up would've been interesting but like the development of Umi's friendship, the writers didn't consider it important. It just made it seem like all he development was done off screen or too close to the end to have any real impact.

Finished Riho's route yesterday

Hidden Content

I'm usualy one for happy endings, but i was surprisingly content by the fact that they broke up. It seems so mature in a way, so i guess it was a mixed bag of disappointment and joy when they got together, but it was nice with the marriage ending. 

Umi must be the true heroine of this story. I can't really see it another way, Route was so long, fleshed out and really focused on the problems of both the heroine and the main character where the other routes are just fluff and one issue or so that needs to he solved. The "I love you" thing became really old and the route became a real drag to read, but i'll accept her need to hear such things because of serious neglect from her parents, and that's probably the intended thing, but the repetitive nature of this route was still boring. Repetition was boring, but the route itself was damn nice. 

Nagisa, what a vile cunt. She's Umi's best friend, a parent figure for her, someone Umi truly trusts above all else. Yet, she gave her boyfriend not only a footjob, but also a handjob in the nude. Being drunk is no excuse, and she knew full well what she was doing (reason she didn't go all the way)but it's implied later that she remembered everything, yet refuses to admit it. Kind of makes her second act even more inexcusable. For some random heroine, i probably wouldn't care, but this combo made it pretty disgusting. I initially thought that perhaps they had silently revealed to Nagisa that he wasn't Umi's actual boyfriend, but nope. That was revealed to Nagisa after her two "wonderful" shows of betrayal.

Edited by Stormwolf

@Stormwofl:

Yeah that was almost NTR-like in terms of Nagisa but I guess they passed it along as her being a stupid blind drunk that she gets away with it who had no recollection of what just happened. Kinda like a cuckold involving personality changes or aphrodisiac induced.

Also the fact that Soutarou wasn't Umi's boyfriend anyway that's why I didn't really consider it NTR or its subgenres.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

No matter how you look at it, it was a NTR scenario. That he wasn't Umi's boyfriend was a fact unknown to Nagisa. So while not being NTR in the strictest sense, it was still NTR. The real shame was the characters used in this scenario. If they really wanted to write a NTR scenario, i think Konami would be a better choice, since she hates Sango in Sangos's route. But i still think NTR has no place in a VN such as this. This pretty much soured my opinion of Nagisa for the rest of the VN.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to finishing Shiori's route last night.

I'll admit I am a little disappointing with this route but that is simply because Shiori is my favourite of the girls and I was hoping her route would trump the others. It's by no means bad it's alright, but just that, alright. The drama of Shiori's past was solved relatively quickly especially when compared to other routes, I mean, It was solved the moment we learned the full story. not helping the pacing is that fact that after the two start going out it jumps to two weeks later and after the conflict peaks they skip another week. What the hell guys? you're supposed to let me spend time with the heroines not just jump to the drama.

Onto the bonus route then.

• 1 month later...

I played Umi's route, Nagisa's route and Shiori's route. I don't really have an interest in the remaining routes. Umi was really cute and had a cute personality, but overall, this is probably the most boring visual novel I've ever read. The little bit of drama that does exist was really dumb. The game is super padded with way too much conversation. I guess it means I'm not a big fan of moege. There's just no plot and even though I did enjoy the well done art and some of the music, I need more that just cuteness to get me through a visual novel.

Same... I felt the dramas were indeed forced. Especially with Sango and Konami (got why is her name the same as something I absolutely fucking hate in real life?!) and Shiori's. Hate Konami's absolute pessimism and nihilism and wanted her out of the picture for the most part. Shiori brings up drama out of nowhere that she herself has no involvement with, just an unfortunate circumstance... 

• 11 months later...

Because I got busy last time I attempted to play this, I never got too far into my first route, Umi's.

As it turns out, I had no idea what I was missing. This stuff is gold.
<3<3<3<3<3's everywhere. So cute. I can even read the majority of H-Scenes, more or less.

Wouldn't read it for the vast majority of dialogue, though. Can't subscribe to the "just relax, smile, have fun" theory they're trying to sell me.

As a minor detail, the VNs excellent editing is wasted on me. I'm too busy getting hang up on typos and tricky translation choices.