Is Hunter x Hunter worth the watch?

Mugi

And I say watch mainly because the anime actually has an ending. And though it is a filler ending, it's an ending all the same, unlike the manga which may never be finished. But I hear a lot of hype surrounding the series, and how it's supposedly one of the best shonen of all time. Was curious if I should watch it after finishing Gintama. Thoughts on the series? :sachi:

It's the best shônen of all time and you should watch it after Gintama #TotallyNotBiasedOpinion

I'm not sure I understand the concept of "filler ending" but the ending is not THAT different from the manga. It was just a nice place to stop, so you can consider the story wrapped up in the anime.

It is easily one of the greatest shounen series indeed.

Great universe, great characters, great animation, great storyline (feels included), great pacing with no fillers, it's one of those series you can easily immerse yourself in.

The ending the anime had is fullfilling enough, especially considering the manga doesn't go much further after that, or at least, not enough to warrant the anime to continue.

It's not even a filler ending, it happens in the manga, it just doesn't go further after that.

So yes, it's worth your time, the percentage of people who have regretted watching Hunter x Hunter is pretty small whereas the people who've finished it and absolutely loved it is definitely quite big.

Gintama is bigger than Hunter x Hunter so if you can finish Gintama, I asure you you'll have no trouble finishing this, and once you're done you'll cry because there's no more.

Great universe, great characters, great animation, great storyline (feels included), great pacing with no fillers, it's one of those series you can easily immerse yourself in.

The ending the anime had is fullfilling enough, especially considering the manga doesn't go much further after that, or at least, not enough to warrant the anime to continue.

It's not even a filler ending, it happens in the manga, it just doesn't go further after that.

So yes, it's worth your time, the percentage of people who have regretted watching Hunter x Hunter is pretty small whereas the people who've finished it and absolutely loved it is definitely quite big.

Gintama is bigger than Hunter x Hunter so if you can finish Gintama, I asure you you'll have no trouble finishing this, and once you're done you'll cry because there's no more.

Something else i'm curious about, how am I supposed to pronounce the title? I've heard people straight out say it as Hunter x Hunter, and others pronounce it Hunter Hunter. The latter sounds correct to me, but I want to be sure.

this. & the moment gon went full super-saiyajin has been godlike. simply lay back & enjoy the show!

Something else i'm curious about, how am I supposed to pronounce the title? I've heard people straight out say it as Hunter x Hunter, and others pronounce it Hunter Hunter. The latter sounds correct to me, but I want to be sure.

The latter is correct.

Except in X because, uh, otherwise it'd be hard to talk about the show :Teeku:

Also, the xxx in xxxHolic is actually pronounced "cross".

Seriously? That's pretty edgy. I always wondered how the hell you pronounce the title

I'd tell you to watch Hunter x Hunter first, and then use Gintama to fill in the void that will be left after finishing Hunter x Hunter.

Really? Sounds like a relatively good idea. I'm only 70 or so episodes into Gintama, and it seems like a series I could pick up later on pretty easily if I stop now.

Wait, should I watch the 90's one or the 2011 one? I'm partially into the first episode of the 2011 version, but I remember some stuff from the first episode/episodes of the 90's one and it seems to have completely cut out the part where Gon meets the long haired guy and has the whole thing with the bears. 

The 2011 one is definitely the superior version in a lot of aspects (and covers a larger part of the story too). I'm nostalgic for the 1999 version but there's not really much of any reason to watch it nowadays.

The things you remember are not from the manga, the beginning of the 1999 version had some added stuff. The 2011 version follows the manga more closely, although there are a few other changes. It's not very important anyway.

in japanese is pronounced huntah huntah (ハンターハンター ha-n-taa ha-n-taa) fanta fanta

I love how crunchyroll blocks this anime just like they are doing with attack on titan, it's amazing to pay for a service and then being region locked ;D

So, when does it start getting really good? Because i'm a good 40 episodes in, and almost to the Yorknew arc. And while it's certainly not bad, it's not really living up to the hype that surrounds it. Is it just a slow burner, like One Piece? And most every other long running shonen?

I would say the Yorkshin arc is kind of where the "main" set up of Hunter x Hunter is formed.

It was a nice arc in the later parts and the introduction of Nen really changed the story as a whole after that point.

I personally think it gets better as it goes and the Chimera Ant arc is the climax of the whole thing.