What are you playing?

Just finished Comyu a minute ago and wow that was an amazing story  I really loved the ending of the story :D

I think it has become one of the best VNs I have read until now!

But now I don't know what to read after it, my mind is divided between Cartagra and Fate/Stay nigh (I still didn't read it even if I have it like since August :P ).

So, if you have any opinion about which one I should read first then I would be glad to read them :)

And, as I see the time it is as I'm writing this message there is just one thing to say: Merry Christmas to everybody here!!

I have no idea what the other one is but I really enjoy Fate/Stay Night. It's in third place in my VNDB, right under MLA and G-sen which I also very much recommend if you haven't played those. But anyway, FSN is really good. I think I enjoy the fighting scenes in it more than any other VN, and the story and characters are all pretty interesting as well. 

As are the horribly written H-scenes involving too many uses of the word 'Mollusk'

I can't say anything about the other one because I haven't even heard about it. Maybe someone else can say something on it. 

But now I don't know what to read after it, my mind is divided between Cartagra and Fate/Stay nigh (I still didn't read it even if I have it like since August :P ).

So, if you have any opinion about which one I should read first then I would be glad to read them :)

And, as I see the time it is as I'm writing this message there is just one thing to say: Merry Christmas to everybody here!!

Depends on what you want. Cartagra is a mystery VN about a detective who searches for a missing girl while F/SN is more of an action-oriented VN with some slice-of-life in it. Both of them is great in my opinion. I recommend you to play Cartagra if you want to read a medium-length VN and F/SN if you want to read a long one.

I'm the kind of guy who don't overthink about story, so tbh, i was surprised by every plot-twist, until the end.

The comedy/slice of life part is for me one of the best idea ever, because it creates affection towards the character, and that's why the drama part is for me more powerful, because i wanted them to go back to their more standard life and escape that terrible fate.

And i think that even if Okabe "wins" at the end, he's completely changed, he'll never act like before, he completely lost his innocence, and at the same time, he'll avoid doing the same mistakes in the future.

Yes I fully agree that the comedy/SoL at the start was very effective and at the same time it was really fun to read.

It was the same in Little Busters and incidentally that's my favourite vn which I gave 10/10 like S;G.

I have no idea what the other one is but I really enjoy Fate/Stay Night. It's in third place in my VNDB, right under MLA and G-sen which I also very much recommend if you haven't played those. But anyway, FSN is really good. I think I enjoy the fighting scenes in it more than any other VN, and the story and characters are all pretty interesting as well. 

As are the horribly written H-scenes involving too many uses of the word 'Mollusk'

I can't say anything about the other one because I haven't even heard about it. Maybe someone else can say something on it. 

Depends on what you want. Cartagra is a mystery VN about a detective who searches for a missing girl while F/SN is more of an action-oriented VN with some slice-of-life in it. Both of them is great in my opinion. I recommend you to play Cartagra if you want to read a medium-length VN and F/SN if you want to read a long one.

Thank you both for your words :)

Since I'm more a fan of mystery I think I'll go with Cartagra first and see Fate/Stay Night later (and I'll also keep G senjou in mind ^^ )

Finally started up Sharin no Kuni

Emphasis on started up. Only like 15 minutes in.
But wow, I believe this is the first time I've ever felt.. idk.. annoyed at a protagonists' character and his inner monologuing 8D
I'm usually quick to adapt though, so dw about me going "omg i hate Kenichi this VN sux!@#" or anything~

Overall I like the premise. Every character having an "obligation" and whatnot. 

Finally started up Sharin no Kuni

Emphasis on started up. Only like 15 minutes in.

But wow, I believe this is the first time I've ever felt.. idk.. annoyed at a protagonists' character and his inner monologuing 8D

I'm usually quick to adapt though, so dw about me going "omg i hate Kenichi this VN sux!@#" or anything~

Overall I like the premise. Every character having an "obligation" and whatnot. 

Currently reading Katawa Shoujo. The premise is interesting enough: a school for those suffering from life altering afflictions, mixing together fun and rehab, until the students are ready for the outside world. Kind of a little burned out on the whole school setting cause of anime. Only a couple of hours in so I'll push forward in order to see more, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Jeez, Kanon is really old. The script hasn't aged well at all, I was able to perfectly predict how every route would go, from just meeting it's respective character once.

Not that I can fault Kanon in any way, it's been 15 years. All these tropes were probably invented by it. What's interesting to me, is that Key apparently always had a thing for paranormal twists, even back then.

Jeez, Kanon is really old. The script hasn't aged well at all, I was able to perfectly predict how every route would go, from just meeting it's respective character once.

Not that I can fault Kanon in any way, it's been 15 years. All these tropes were probably invented by it. What's interesting to me, is that Key always had a thing for paranormal twists, even back then.

I mean, a few of them are fairly obvious, but surely you didn't immediately know

That Ayu is in a coma and Makoto is actually a reincarnated fox

I mean, a few of them are fairly obvious, but surely you didn't immediately know

That Ayu is in a coma and Makoto is actually a reincarnated fox

Yeah, but I got the idea relatively fast and the basic outline was quick to reveal itself.

"Oh, Ayu is probably dead" and "I don't think Makoto is human."

It's not like I'm hating Kanon. On the contrary, I prefer something predictable that's also simple, over something that just bores me to death with the same lines over and over again, like Harukoi Otome. 

Currently reading Katawa Shoujo. The premise is interesting enough: a school for those suffering from life altering afflictions, mixing together fun and rehab, until the students are ready for the outside world. Kind of a little burned out on the whole school setting cause of anime. Only a couple of hours in so I'll push forward in order to see more, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

In my honest opinion, Katawa Shoujo is one of the greatest VNs out there, as far as a first VN goes. It was what got me into VNs along with Bible Black. However, I can't really recommend it as anything but a visual novel for one to start with. The routes are good, for the VN's origins, but it is nothing special. I myself really enjoyed Emi and Hanako's routes, so if you haven't decided on which one I'll suggest those two. I think most people found Emi the best heroine to start with, just how it goes usually. 

In my honest opinion, Katawa Shoujo is one of the greatest VNs out there, as far as a first VN goes. It was what got me into VNs along with Bible Black. However, I can't really recommend it as anything but a visual novel for one to start with. The routes are good, for the VN's origins, but it is nothing special. I myself really enjoyed Emi and Hanako's routes, so if you haven't decided on which one I'll suggest those two. I think most people found Emi the best heroine to start with, just how it goes usually. 

I haven't reached the branching point into other routes yet, but I'll keep those characters in mind when I have to make a choice. Thanks!

Part of the reason is because Emi's route is by far the easiest to get into. :P I recall someone did a poll and over 50% of people did Emi's route first.

Part of the reason is because Emi's route is by far the easiest to get into. :P I recall someone did a poll and over 50% of people did Emi's route first.

Common sense might think, that someone with a critical heart condition shouldn't try to race an athlete. But a bunch of people apparently just did it anyway. 

In retrospect, I'm not sure if these people are mindless lolicons or cold-blooded murderers...  :Kappa: