What are you playing?

Bah after being burned out for a while I've decided to reread Fate/Stay Night(the latest RN release from BL).

I don't even know if it was a good idea, since it will consume me on the inside as long as I don't finish it. Type-moon too stronk.

On the other hand it's the perfect excuse to do a full marathon of Type-moon's works, meaning that if I disappear the reason is apparent.

since we're talking about chaos head,i've been wanting to ask something.

is it worth it to go get the B ending?

i mean i know you have to activate specific triggers to get it

It's always worth it to get all endings.

...Unless it's a super crappy ending that doesn't even give you a freaking CG.

Bah after being burned out for a while I've decided to reread Fate/Stay Night(the latest RN release from BL).

I don't even know if it was a good idea, since it will consume me on the inside as long as I don't finish it. Type-moon too stronk.

On the other hand it's the perfect excuse to do a full marathon of Type-moon's works, meaning that if I disappear the reason is apparent.

You're still going to wait for F/HA to finish it's QC, right?

If so, then I'd like to marathon the series with you.

You're still going to wait for F/HA to finish it's QC, right?

If so, then I'd like to marathon the series with you.

I'm planning to wait for the QC(from my constant lurking of the thread, it seems only some more editing and some minor coding is needed).

But the joint marathon seems interesting. How would you plan to do it?

For now I'll do the entire content of F/SN(playing with the h-content since in the all-ages content the relationship between shinji and sakura on HF is different), then if F/HA has the QC complete. If it hasn't been complete I'll either reread tsukihime after only finishing it some months ago and dive into Kagetsu tohya. Before going to tsukihime I also have the option of watching Fate/Zero and then watching all the movies from kara no kyoukai since I don't feel like raeding LNs.

If only Mahoyo had a decent and finished TL, I could do a full run.

I'm planning to wait for the QC(from my constant lurking of the thread, it seems only some more editing and some minor coding is needed).

But the joint marathon seems interesting. How would you plan to do it?

For now I'll do the entire content of F/SN(playing with the h-content since in the all-ages content the relationship between shinji and sakura on HF is different), then if F/HA has the QC complete. If it hasn't been complete I'll either reread tsukihime after only finishing it some months ago and dive into Kagetsu tohya. Before going to tsukihime I also have the option of watching Fate/Zero and then watching all the movies from kara no kyoukai since I don't feel like raeding LNs.

If only Mahoyo had a decent and finished TL, I could do a full run.

That's what I call a marathon.

I'd read F/SN fully, then continue on with F/HA if it has been released by then.

I'll be reading F/SN in all-ages though, since I want to read the parts they revised.

Or should it be changed?

Anyway, if F/HA is not finished by then, I'd be marathoning the other visual novels you mentioned.

Dunno 'bout the anime though. It gives off a different feeling.

About Mahoyo, it's fully translated from what I know.

What's left is checking and patch~

So we can still marathon that if we take a while.

That's what I call a marathon.

I'd read F/SN fully, then continue on with F/HA if it has been released by then.

I'll be reading F/SN in all-ages though, since I want to read the parts they revised.

Or should it be changed?

Anyway, if F/HA is not finished by then, I'd be marathoning the other visual novels you mentioned.

Dunno 'bout the anime though. It gives off a different feeling.

About Mahoyo, it's fully translated from what I know.

What's left is checking and patch~

So we can still marathon that if we take a while.

Regarding F/SN, all the new scenes are there even if you put the h-content, the only difference is that you either have sex scenes or not. Actually,

if you don't play with H-scenes the relationship between Sakura and Shinji is different in Heaven's Feel since there is no rape between them anymore which makes me feel that it becomes lackluster.

I had to put this in spoiler so that people that haven't read Heaven's feel don't be spoiled.

Regarding Fate/Zero since it only has a manga and an anime to my knowledge, which of the 2 mediums to you recommend?

Also I spoke about Mahoyo's TL because it is so broken that the people doing the QC say that it will take a long while.

Regarding F/SN, all the new scenes are there even if you put the h-content, the only difference is that you either have sex scenes or not. Actually,

if you don't play with H-scenes the relationship between Sakura and Shinji is different in Heaven's Feel since there is no rape between them anymore which makes me feel that it becomes lackluster.

I had to put this in spoiler so that people that haven't read Heaven's feel don't be spoiled.

Regarding Fate/Zero since it only has a manga and an anime to my knowledge, which of the 2 mediums to you recommend?

Also I spoke about Mahoyo's TL because it is so broken that the people doing the QC say that it will take a long while.

I see. I'll turn off the H-scenes when it's time for the H-scene then.

I'd like to see the alter scenes for those scenes.

I'd recommend the anime, of course.

If you want something quick, then go for the manga.

Dunno 'bout that, but we'll see when it's released.

Also, if you want to continue the topic, do pm me instead. We'll be hunted down by the mods if we flood this thread.

Playing Chaos;Head.

The story seems to be pretty good and I can understand why some people would hate the protag. While I don't really like him, he can be easily tolerated. I do hope that his character changes through the game and he becomes more likeable.

I am confused that whether the choice for the delusions are actually decisions that affect the game or are simply like a group of bonus what-if scenes.

Good, very good, but well, if you are waiting for the protag to become an ultra badass womaniser, just forget that.

Good, very good, but well, if you are waiting for the protag to become an ultra badass womaniser, just forget that.

That would be too much of a stark change. I just expect him to lose this paranoia and become somewhat brave. There is one thing about the protag I can't take, his creepy laugh - that's the one thing about him that freaks me out.

Initially I had expected C;H to more of a mystery, though now I'm convinced that it's definitely a horror. 

That would be too much of a stark change. I just expect him to lose this paranoia and become somewhat brave. There is one thing about the protag I can't take, his creepy laugh - that's the one thing about him that freaks me out.

Initially I had expected C;H to more of a mystery, though now I'm convinced that it's definitely a horror. 

Well, the protag will change in the entire story, i'm sure you'll like it.

Don't get your expectations too high when it comes to the horror, since the VN goes through a bit of a genre shift around the halfway point. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just not what you'd expect at first, I suppose.

Don't get your expectations too high when it comes to the horror, since the VN goes through a bit of a genre shift around the halfway point. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just not what you'd expect at first, I suppose.

From the way things are going, it might become post-apocalyptic or action-like. Horror wasn't my main focus when I started the game so the change would't be so bad.

and one of the major themes in this VN is Paranoïa, so it's not surprise that the Main char is paranoid as hell.

Yeah, at start it didn't affect me much but now that it's happening again and again it's becoming a bit irritating.

Only have Mare left to go. 

I am thinking about playing The Second Reproduction or Starry Sky ~in spring~. Has anyone played them here?

I do have Deardrops though and some other one I forgot the name of T-T

I would recommend Deardrops. I just played it recently and was surprised how enjoyable it was.

I still reading/playing (whatever ;) ) KonoSora. This time I started with Ageha's route and I play with the restoration patch. Despite the fact that I no fan of h-scenes in general, I think the one here are pretty good and fits the characters well (though i've only seen one till now).

From the way things are going, it might become post-apocalyptic or action-like. Horror wasn't my main focus when I started the game so the change would't be so bad.

Yeah, at start it didn't affect me much but now that it's happening again and again it's becoming a bit irritating.

Oh and by the way, when you are at chapter 6 and 7, play them entirely, you can't save there.

I revisited Harukoi Otome for reasons completely beyond me. Maybe my cold medicine contained too much alcohol, or my alcohol too much cold medicine. 

Nonetheless, I feel like Umi's route is worth reflecting over. While it has the same problems as the rest of the novel, (extending three hours worth of story into a six, seven hour long ordeal,) there is something else that really bothers me.

In my opinion, the two climaxes of Umi's route are actually great ideas on their own, but just don't fit into the same story.

First, we have the protagonist's emotional struggle with his feelings and second, the "She's not your real sister, but you have a huge psychological trauma"-twist. Both of those premises have potential. Especially the first, because the ethical aspect is not something a lot of incest stories seem to focus on seriously. 

But having both in the same story makes no sense to me. The twist feels completely out of place, isn't properly set up and takes away a lot of impact the former events had.

Making steady progress on Iyo's route in RuiTomo. I'm probably behind the halfway point now, since the plot-twists are trickling in already.

So, Tomo's sister is alive, huh? I want to like her, but everything about her art and descriptions screams "I'm a bad guy!", so I really can't. Would be cool if that was just some trap of some sort, but I can't see her having good intentions at all. Also, my hopes were finally crushed and Tomo is left with nothing but the curse, this time for real. D: Since it was split between them, I assume his sister is lying, and while he got the curse, the has the power by itself? Either way, things are getting interesting, I really wonder how far they take it in this route. I have a feeling they won't break the curse though... most likely leaving that for Akaneko's route.

Edit: Finished Iyo's route. Well, that went in a slightly unexpected direction, though it didn't blow my mind entirely. I've had most of the things figured out already. Still, probably the most interesting ending from them all so far.

Also, just when I have up completely, Tomo got the power, haha. I still don't trust his sister at all though - just because you remove her from the story fast doesn't mean you'll make me stop suspecting her, Akatsuki Soft~! I bet she'll do

something in Akaneko's route.

Just the true route left now. Not sure if I'll read it right away or stuff something short in between. I'd like to read more Killer Queen, but I still haven't recovered from the boredom-trauma.

Kuki was great

Obviously

Currently reading Umineko ep.4  and I'm beginning to not understand nothing anymore

SPOILER EPISODE 4

Who is the insane writer who decide to continue parallel stories during this episode of the novel!?All of them divided in time and space!? (If I count them now I can at least list 5 of them!FIVE!!)

PS:However I continue to really like this masterpiece

Obviously

Currently reading Umineko ep.4  and I'm beginning to not understand nothing anymore

SPOILER EPISODE 4

Who is the insane writer who decide to continue parallel stories during this episode of the novel!?All of them divided in time and space!? (If I count them now I can at least list 5 of them!FIVE!!)

PS:However I continue to really like this masterpiece

Hm, unless I'm forgetting stuff (haven't read it in a long time), aren't there only three worlds?

You have the meta-world, where the main storyline continues throughout the episodes.

You have the gameboard(s), which are the separate episodes/'games'.

And lastly you have the 'future' outside of those two, basically Ange related stuff.

That said, you still haven't seen anything, Chiru gets absolutely crazy. :D

Only have Mare left to go. 

I am thinking about playing The Second Reproduction or Starry Sky ~in spring~. Has anyone played them here?

I do have Deardrops though and some other one I forgot the name of T-T

I've read both; The Second Reproduction > Starry Sky 'cause there's plot and it's not entirely common route + tacked on endings for the heroes of your choice. The guys can be p. moe in Starry Sky, but if you're not looking for a stereotypical moe-ge with guys, you won't find a huge amount to like? The humour's hit-or-miss in my opinion. The Second Reproduction has an alright plot (although the characters are stereotypes too). There's one route that feels tacked on, but the two main routes are nice. It's pretty short, too. This is all my opinion, though.