Yoroshiku

theonlykami

HEY ME MATEYS

I'm very, very new to the vn scene (super akanbo), recently got introduced by my friend through grisaia. I'm fairly okay with Japanese and heck, seeing where my life is going, it would be nice if someone picked me up for some fan subbing work ( i'm volunteering ) .

I come from the weeb corner of the world, so i've seen a lot of animes that have come from visual novels. And they're pretty damn good.

The one question I have is, where the fk do i get the vn's from. I've been looking around, and its pretty hush-hush on the internet where this goldmine lies. Having not read the forum rules yet, I think you're also not welcome to tell me where your fansubs come from.

Oh, and I'm quite a massive gamer. I do have an Xbox one ( with a small selection of games, mostly on destiny nowsadays), and I do play a lot of PC games. Most of the time it's dota. I do have some VN's on steam, and those non-H shiet is bad for my health. ADD ME IF YOU WILL. I'm based in melbourne australia, so many of you might not even play with me because of lag.

For now, yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

Welcome to the forums!

You can register your profile here since people pickup some possible recruits here. Well at least that's what the thread is supposed to be.

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/939-fan-translator-skills-registration/?hl=skills+registration

You could also check out the ongoing projects and see if there's anyone recruiting. The community and the fan translation teams would be glad to have you around!

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/forum/87-ongoing-projects/

Edit:

Also, if you want some good VNs to read, then try checking out this thread.

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/2151-50-translated-vns-you-should-read-before-you-die/

As for where to get VNs, English releases are available at Mangagamer and JAST USA.

Enjoy your stay~

Fuwa originally hosted some torrents, but they went offline once the server move went through around the end of March.  Direct links are advised against though the topic comes up occasionally.  Opinions on the subject vary depending on the person, you could say.

If you're looking for official routes, Steam has some all-ages stuff as you mentioned, and I think you can find Song of Saya and Kara no Shoujo on JAST's site.  Steins;Gate as well.

Torrents are becoming less popular as localization becomes more frequent, though we're not at a point where they're completely unnecessary now.  I would take the chance to act like a cryptic badass regarding them with fancy riddles, but it's 4 AM and I can't tell if that would be outside the existing ruleset.  Maybe another time.

Aside from that, welcome to the forums!  We hope you enjoy your stay.

Have an atmosphere.

Welcome, welcome, welcome theonlykami-san to our lair. Enjoy your time and relax here. Feel free to ask/discuss/share anything with us. You should check Dangan Ronpa, Steins;Gate, G-senjou no Maou, Little Busters, Tears to Tiara, and maybe some others I can't list them all.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums! A bit late but I hope you're enjoying your stay!

Who's your favourite hero in Dota?

Have a moe:

qhpv.png

oop, didnt check back in awhile,

hmmmmmmmmmm dota...................... Since i dont really have a favourite ill just list preferences. I play hard carry most of the time so

1. faceless

2. anti fun

but for heroes that i excel in but find super boring

1. zeus

2. slark

3. legion commander

4. ck

what about you?