euphoria - do you recommend it?

Dergonu

**** Edit: After having played a good amount of this game I gotta say, its really good. Its psychologically scarring as all hell, but its good. To answer my own question, it is by no means just "messed up stuff," and I see why people were excited for the english release. ( That being said, it is for sure NOT for everyone. Like I mentioned, its psychologically scarring... And at times, disgusting.) ****

So I have no experience playing games like ... well, like this. I just found out about this game the other day and thought it looked highly disturbing. But after looking around it seemed a lot of people were very excited about the English release, and I just have to ask...

Is this a good game with a lot of .. Ahem, messed up stuff on the side, or is it 99% just messed up torture ... things and no story? 

I´m a fan of things like SAW, ( not that its a VN) which has a lot of gruesome things in it, but where the story is brilliant. And I´ve gotten used to the fact that VNs often come with slightly disturbing stuff in their H-Scenes depending on what kind of game you play but ..

Is this something you would recommend for people who kind of need a good story or at least an interesting / good setting? 

Kinda felt like asking cuz there aren't that many translated VNs that people seem uber excited about so it kinda made me curious. 

Edited by Dergonu

This forum is littered with Clockup fanboys, so don't expect a non-biased, objective answer.

It's okay, albeit not without flaws, provided that's the kind of stuff you're into. Otherwise, don't even touch it with a ten feet pole, or you'll regret it.

Don't use the word "brilliant" in conjunction with these works, though.

This forum is littered with Clockup fanboys, so don't expect a non-biased, objective answer.

It's okay, albeit not without flaws, provided that's the kind of stuff you're into. Otherwise, don't even touch it with a ten feet pole, or you'll regret it.

Don't use the word "brilliant" in conjunction with these works, though.

Haha, sounds kinda scary. 

Hey, I honestly believe SAW is brilliant though. Not the messed up part, but the story. I could derail this and rant about SAW for hours, but I´ll stop myself from doing that xD

heh, I loved the whole question about morale and stuff in SAW, thats why im equally excited for Euphoria. 

Played the trial and the atmosphere and writing was really good for what I read.

Hmm, cool. Now I´m kind of intrigued. 

Is the trial version available on Mangagamer for everyone? (in class so I dont feel safe opening that site myself to check at the moment xD)

I haven't played it but it is pre-ordered and waiting for me on Friday. I don't have an opinion but what I have heard is that the story and writing is unusually good for these kind of games. I got higher hopes than Starless which had a bad plot in my opinion (and cringeworthy art). 

But I don't know if you like this. I got my opinion on horror movies (laughable humor more or less) but I am still weird with unusual fetishes. 

So I have no experience playing games like ... well, like this. I just found out about this game the other day and thought it looked highly disturbing. But after looking around it seemed a lot of people were very excited about the English release, and I just have to ask...

Is this a good game with a lot of .. Ahem, messed up stuff on the side, or is it 99% just messed up torture ... things and no story? 

I´m a fan of things like SAW, ( not that its a VN) which has a lot of gruesome things in it, but where the story is brilliant. And I´ve gotten used to the fact that VNs often come with slightly disturbing stuff in their H-Scenes depending on what kind of game you play but ..

Is this something you would recommend for people who kind of need a good story or at least an interesting / good setting? 

Kinda felt like asking cuz there aren't that many translated VNs that people seem uber excited about so it kinda made me curious. 

I wouldn't say is just slighty disturbing parts in this game. I really would recommend you read the description of the game in the vndb to get an idea of what the game is about. :mellow:

I wouldn't say is just slighty disturbing parts in this game. I really would recommend you read the description of the game in the vndb to get an idea of what the game is about. :mellow:

Uh yeah badly worded on my part. "Thought it looked highly disturbing" = Went over to VNDB and read about it + looked at some CG. 

But it seemed a lot of people were hyped for the release and spoke about it as if it was really good, and that peaked my interest. Hence the thread. I didn't want to google too much about it, as it seems like a mystery ish kind of thing, and if those are spoiled its kind of boring going through the story. 

Doing the demo atm, and it seems I might buy this. The mystery element and chilling vibe it gives off seems interesting. The ... Disturbing CG and messed up stuff I can tolerate. .. (maybe... we´ll see xD) 

Uh yeah badly worded on my part. "Thought it looked highly disturbing" = Went over to VNDB and read about it + looked at some CG. 

But it seemed a lot of people were hyped for the release and spoke about it as if it was really good, and that peaked my interest. Hence the thread. I didn't want to google too much about it, as it seems like a mystery ish kind of thing, and if those are spoiled its kind of boring going through the story. 

Doing the demo atm, and it seems I might buy this. The mystery element and chilling vibe it gives off seems interesting. The ... Disturbing CG and messed up stuff I can tolerate. .. (maybe... we´ll see xD) 

You got my blessing my son!! Solve the mystery we count with ya!:D In a more serious note I'm intrigued who or how many bastards are the guys behind this horrible excuse of a game. I have feeling the game this students are playing has something to do with somekind of experiment probably by a secret association or the government. I mean you must have a lot of money to setup an event so big like this ya know what I'm saying? :lol:

There is a free and quite long DEMO on Mangagamer site. Why would not you just download it and play, to understand it for yourself? It is not like 10 minutes and that's all, it is quite long and would be enough to understand, if you want to proceed with that or not. I actually decided that I do not want it, no matter how it was praised, did not catched me.

There is a free and quite long DEMO on Mangagamer site. Why would not you just download it and play, to understand it for yourself? It is not like 10 minutes and that's all, it is quite long and would be enough to understand, if you want to proceed with that or not. I actually decided that I do not want it, no matter how it was praised, did not catched me.

Yes, if you scroll up a little bit on this thread you will see that I have indeed downloaded the demo. :) 

I was not aware that there was a demo when I made the thread though, so thats why I didn't do that right away. 

Euphoria...................

if you are a fan of brutal rape and gross hentai i recomend

What else I felt watching I was disgusted .... but taste is taste.

yeah with this kind of thing, I guess if you dont like the genre you wont like the game. Personally wondering if the story makes it worth it. Based on the trial, I'd say it is. Wont know untill I've finished the entire thing though.

yeah with this kind of thing, I guess if you dont like the genre you wont like the game. Personally wondering if the story makes it worth it. Based on the trial, I'd say it is. Wont know untill I've finished the entire thing though.

you know nothing about the story from just playing the trial.

Trust me.

nothing.

you know nothing about the story from just playing the trial.

Trust me.

nothing.

I dont know if this a good thing or a bad thing :P Guess I have to play it to find out. Like the new profile pic btw

I cannot recommend this game but then again is not my type of vn, if you are into scat, rape, torture, etc etc trapped people playing a game like saw but sexual then this is your vn.

I would love to say that there is really more to the game than that, but that would be spoilers...

wait...

Edited by Kawasumi

I cannot recommend this game but then again is not my type of vn, if you are into scat, rape, torture, etc etc trapped people playing a game like saw but sexual then this is your vn.

I would love to say that there is really more to the game than that, but that would be spoilers...

wait...

I don't think those are spoilers you literally do those stuff like 10 min into the game :/