VN epilogues/endings

Clephas

Maybe it's just that I don't know Japanese so my VN experience is much smaller compared to yours, but I've never felt that a VN left any major loose ends that required any further explaination. I just can't seem to grasp what everyone is soo dissatisfied with and this isn't me trying to be an ass hole (shockingly enough) I'm genuinely confused. I havn't been this baffled since I learned that SAO was a big hit.

I completely understand that feeling. Too many times have I gotten to the end of a vn and wish they had gone a bit more just to show how they lived the rest of their lives.I can understand why they do it, but I a lot of the time I end up thinking to myself 'is that it'? But at the end of the day I always enjoy the ride the story has me going on so I just let it pass. 

I completely disagree. I want something to imagine, think and dream about after I've left a story. Not limited to Visual Novels, I prefer every story to end this way. 

Return of the Kings just refuses to end!

I remember a decent amount of people actually complained about Grisaia Amane's Good End for giving too much of an epilogue :makina:

I very much prefer to get a proper ending where we learn what happens to the couple after the main plot finishes, but at the same time I don't mind a few things being left open for interpretation or for the viewers to make up their own additions.

As somebody who hasn't read many Novels, allow me to share my quasi ignorant opinion. I also prefer endings with a decent after story, although my standards might be different. To provide an example, I've read Oreimo Tsuzuku Disc 1 recently and the route I found to be the best was Ayase's because

while the timeskip is huge (like 10 years at least) it says in small detail what happened to Ayase and Kyousuke: they kept dating, eventually got married and Ayase was now pregnant.

By the way, there are exceptions to my opinion on after-stories... to be blunt, games like Ikusa Megami Zero that provide an excellent ending in the first place and have real sequels - not just fandiscs - are a major exception to my pet peeve about a lack of after-story, lol.  Unfortunately, because most VNs are structured so that a true sequel is impossible or doesn't make sense, that type really is the exception.