Anime to manga, restart?

colekitt

That title might be slightly confusing but what I was wondering if when you start a manga after watching the anime, how do you go about it? Do you restart or continue from where you left off? I personally wait a couple months after finishing the anime and restart manga from the beginning therefore not missing any thing that the anime deemed unnecessary but not being bored to death from rereading the thing that I already watched. But I see how this would not work for some people and I was just curious how you guys do it.

Because I can plow through a manga in a few hours if it is a long one I am not that picky wherever I start it. But I usually try to pick it up where it left of. But I rarely read any manga. The only exceptions are Naruto and Index/Railgun because I am not satisfied and it is too good to be left unsolved.

I always restart.  Then again, I usually don't watch an anime before I read the manga, because if I see that the anime is based off something, and that I like the premise, I will go and search for the source material first.  

If English class report writing taught me anything, it is that primary sources are amazing compared to any kind of secondary source.

I always restart.  Then again, I usually don't watch an anime before I read the manga, because if I see that the anime is based off something, and that I like the premise, I will go and search for the source material first.  

If English class report writing taught me anything, it is that primary sources are amazing compared to any kind of secondary source.

I usually watch the anime first for the same reason.  Unless the adaptation is amazing, it's likely that I'll find the anime annoying if I do otherwise.

But yeah, I start the manga from the beginning because it usually goes into more depth.

Always start manga from the beginning.

Even if the adaptation is faithful, there's always this distinct feel when reading manga and i feel like you should read it from the beginning to feel the whole experience.

The World God Only Knows is a prime example.

I could have started from chapter 189, but i decided to read from the very beginning and boy was it so much better than the anime.

As far as when do i start manga, usually it doesn't matter. I often start it right after i've finished the anime. Sometimes i even start it midway through an anime. It's all about wether or not the anime makes me interested enough.

I always restart. I am a competitionist you see, therefore starting from the beginning is kind of a necessity for me if I am going to pick up the manga. Starting somewhere in the middle is a big ol' no-no for me.

The reason I don't read the source material first in most cases is because of the fact that music amplifies the experience ten-fold for me. I will gladly take a poor adaptation with a good soundtrack over the source material, take that as you will. There are exceptions to this rule of mine of course, as there with most things like this.

I always restart. I am a competitionist you see, therefore starting from the beginning is kind of a necessity for me if I am going to pick up the manga. Starting somewhere in the middle is a big ol' no-no for me.

Competitionist? Are you an Olympic level manga reader?  :makina:

Honestly, I haven't seen a anime adaptation of a manga in a long time. I think the next one is going to be Tokyo Ghoul just because Root A apparently deviates from source making it an original.