How can i get my friend hooked into VNs?

So i have a friend(Yay friends!!) and it's normal to want your friends to like what you like. He's also into anime and such, so i figured he'd really enjoy VNs. Yet he says he has not much time on his hands(Lies). Anyway i convinced him to play with our skype group a VN and stream it there. We looked up some VNs and ended up choosing Killer Queen. Mostly because it sounded really interesting and mysterious or something. So we played it for like 3 hours and then we quit it (SadPanda). He said that the game went really slow and didn't have any choices and he thinks that it was a lost potential.

Well that's the gist of it, i'm trying out Chaos;Head when the exams end. But i'm not sure if that's gonna work out. Do you guys have any suggestions on what i should do?

EDIT: Well since i already posted here, here's an off topic question. Where do i download VNs now that Fuwanovel deleted torrents?

I would have suggested FSN for a first VN.  Killer Queen is not something you want to start with...  Either that or Grisaia.  Though, Grisaia would create a somewhat unreasonable expectation of quality.

It is a lot easier to corrupt people into watching anime than playing VNs.  For one thing, they have to be at least reasonably literate, lol.

You gotta find something this guy likes. People have this opinion that visual novels are slow and dull which can't be further from the truth, most of the time.See what anime he likes and find a similar vn.

Some people also associate vns with standard video games too much, hence the 'wasted potential' and 'lack of choices' excuse. So it's important to set the right mindset.

Phenomeno is a good short vn to start with. It's in the horror genre and it probably won't convert him completely but it's a good taste. Sya no Uta another horror title if he's into that.

Personally, I wouldn't suggest F/SN. He probably will like it but since he has a strong resistance to visual novels and this one is really slow to get going. F/SN is usually for people who are already open to visual novels.

My Girlfiend is the President is a good choice too.

So ask him what kind of story he would like to read.

I used to be the same way, but then I started treating VNs like a manga or regular novel; just one with a soundtrack.

I would have suggested FSN for a first VN.  Killer Queen is not something you want to start with...  Either that or Grisaia.  Though, Grisaia would create a somewhat unreasonable expectation of quality.

It is a lot easier to corrupt people into watching anime than playing VNs.  For one thing, they have to be at least reasonably literate, lol.

^This. It's a cakewalk to introduce people to anime (hell, I've seen stoners get hype over Attack on Titan), but VNs seem like they would be an entirely different beast. Most people just don't seem to have the patience to sit through the first few hours.

refuse her sex for some days & go buy some otome/yuri games

edit: AND leave her ALONE after this or it wont work

That's a really horrible advice which will probably end in breaking up

because i imagine it going like this "Omg you're so imatture"

2nd is that It's a male friend, just a normal friend >,>

Fun fact though : he's the one who got me into anime

I used to be the same way, but then I started treating VNs like a manga or regular novel; just one with a soundtrack.

^This. It's a cakewalk to introduce people to anime (hell, I've seen stoners get hype over Attack on Titan), but VNs seem like they would be an entirely different beast. Most people just don't seem to have the patience to sit through the first few hours.

I agree with what you say. But i think he can easily like VNs but he doesn't give it time. Because he thinks he can do other things. If only he takes a day off of everything and just read a VN the whole day(maybe exaggerating 5 hrs should be enough), i think that will help. But then again, i can't tell him to take the whole day off nor can i expect him to do it.

Easter vacation should be a good chance

Saya no Uta. :D

Seriously though, I'd recommend to try to find something that would fit your friends interests. Does he want action, mystery, slice of life or what. There is romance in most vn's, so if he hates that, might be impossible to hook him.

Well that's the gist of it, i'm trying out Chaos;Head when the exams end. But i'm not sure if that's gonna work out. Do you guys have any suggestions on what i should do?

EDIT: Well since i already posted here, here's an off topic question. Where do i download VNs now that Fuwanovel deleted torrents?

Hi sorry we cannot link to torrent sites nor mention them publicly on the forums.