Hyperdimension Neptunia+Spin offs

Monmon

• 2 weeks later...

EVERYONE WHAT ARE YOU ALL NEPPING FOR!? Neptunia Re;Birth 3 is already out in Steam!!! 40% off for a week! 

hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth-3-button

Also we get all the DLCs except the Histy's Emergency Aid Plan Pack (for a buck!) for FREE!!!

SBGqCcy.png

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Just sat down and played it for a few hours, managed to finish chapter 1 so far. I laughed my as a off as the dialogue in RB1, then I found most of RB2's localization to be incredibly cringy, but RB3 has made a comeback and is extremely funny again, love it so far. Plutia+Neptune being completely moronic together is just too awesome

Just sat down and played it for a few hours, managed to finish chapter 1 so far. I laughed my as a off as the dialogue in RB1, then I found most of RB2's localization to be incredibly cringy, but RB3 has made a comeback and is extremely funny again, love it so far. Plutia+Neptune being completely moronic together is just too awesome

This is clearly the best of the 3 re;births. Better and longer story, funnier jokes and more 4th wall breaking, more playable characters, lots more plans and costumes, awakening (similar to HDD) for non CPU characters, lesser bugs/errors/FPS issues than re;birth2. My only complaint is the game only has 3 endings but at least they made the endings much more different from each other this time. Also there seems to be less English voiced scenes than the previous games but I play the game in Japanese all the time so I got no problems with it.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

This is clearly the best of the 3 re;births. Better and longer story, funnier jokes and more 4th wall breaking, more playable characters, lots more plans and costumes, awakening (similar to HDD) for non CPU characters, lesser bugs/errors/FPS issues than re;birth2. My only complaint is the game only has 3 endings but at least they made the endings much more different from each other this time. Also there seems to be less English voiced scenes than the previous games but I play the game in Japanese all the time so I got no problems with it.

Good to hear, I'm ccurrently only around the beginning of chapter 3. Are the CPU candidates available later game too? I miss Rom :( The steam release gave all the DLC, but I turned them all off for my first play through, but I noticed the CPU candidates aren't listed in the DLC so I assume they're member you can get later.

Also, if a game originated from Japan, I always use Japanese VAs if available.  

Good to hear, I'm ccurrently only around the beginning of chapter 3. Are the CPU candidates available later game too? I miss Rom :( The steam release gave all the DLC, but I turned them all off for my first play through, but I noticed the CPU candidates aren't listed in the DLC so I assume they're member you can get later.

Also, if a game originated from Japan, I always use Japanese VAs if available.  

Yeah they'll come later in the game. Every maker should be available at the start (if you activated the DLC) except

the adult Falcom, child Compa, and child Iffy
 all which you will get later also. 

I like the Japanese VAs too except for a couple. Some of them have this screechy/high pitched voice I can't stand like Neptune but only outside of cutscenes. 

I like the Japanese VAs too except for a couple. Some of them have this screechy/high pitched voice I can't stand like Neptune but only outside of cutscenes. 

Don't ever play Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed. She'll make your ears bleed (`Д´#)

but luckily you can mute specific characters

Edited by Eclipsed

Don't ever play Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed. She'll make your ears bleed (`Д´#)

but luckily you can mute specific characters

Yeah wish the Rebirths had that. 

Hyperdevotion Noire is such a good game for devoted Noire fans >.> there's like 50 CGs of her in swimsuits, cosplaying, and in general very eye-pleasing situations with her various female Generals during her conquest to gain all the shares of Gameindustris

And hell, there's even a player protagonist this time around and whoop-de-doo he's Noire's very capable secretary and she'll get noticeably flabbergasted when a certain someone runs up to him and asks him to be their boyfriend in a later chapter

But there's one majore flaw: no Uni

Edited by Eclipsed

Haven't touched any nep-nep games for a while, so with Re;Birth 3 out it's a good time to restart the moe adventure.

My only concern is Re;Birth 2, that I stopped midway after Conquest ending. I really feel that I must end it before playing Re;Birth 3.

That's your fault for doing that ending, I refused to do it :sachi: 

Every time I go to play through a Re;birth game, the next one came out. I beat RB1, got 4 chapters into my 2nd playthrough, RB2 came out and I started that instead. Once I started my 2nd playthrough, I took a short break and found out NepNep3 came out and I'm like, well, time to start it :P

Haven't touched any nep-nep games for a while, so with Re;Birth 3 out it's a good time to restart the moe adventure.

My only concern is Re;Birth 2, that I stopped midway after Conquest ending. I really feel that I must end it before playing Re;Birth 3.

Just beat True Ending or Holy Sword ending as Re;Birth3 is a sequel of those story arc. Youll be all caught up.

Still never did True Ending or Holy Sword, only got the standard ending. I also randomly took a break from NepNep3, no particular reason, just haven't gotten back to it after getting to chapter 3 in the first couple days after its release. 

Edited by Ceris

I decided I wanted to get all of NepNep's achievements on Steam.. and well... that means...

I am not ready.

P.S. I lied, I kept a save ... :amane: 

You brave, brave soul. I salute you :Kappa:

Also, unless you grinded your ass off, make sure to bring lots of Life Fragments for when you get to Lowee

~~

I also randomly stopped Re;birth 3 myself, I think somewhere around Chapter 4, so looking forward to picking that up again one day.

I decided I wanted to get all of NepNep's achievements on Steam.. and well... that means...

I am not ready.

P.S. I lied, I kept a save ... :amane: 

You brave, brave soul. I salute you :Kappa:

Also, unless you grinded your ass off, make sure to bring lots of Life Fragments for when you get to Lowee

~~

I also randomly stopped Re;birth 3 myself, I think somewhere around Chapter 4, so looking forward to picking that up again one day.

I'm level 50 right now, I'm guessing that's not enough. 

So far, I got as far as Histy telling us how to use the weapon, then I just Alt+F4'd :sachi: 

lk9UH.jpg

No, I am not.

Nobody is really ready for conquest ending, the first time you jump into it. It is not for the faint of heart.

Friend told me to get a box of tissues when I get on it, I ended up using more. It was just emotionally wrecking despite being a friendly anime waifus game....

Nepgear is easily the best character in RE3 battlewise (due to her leader ability that grants amazing power to CPUs for having lots of shares in a nation) and comic relief (I like her mastering useless abilities out of nowhere as a comic relief and her crazy passion for robots and hardware is even wilder than in RE2) so I started to appreciate her more despite being so bland for the most part in RE2. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Finished the main storyline of HNU: Action Unleashed

Overall the game is meh and you should only pick it up if you find it on sale or really want to have a hack n' slash combat system for the Neptunia series.

Or the torn clothing mechanic :Kappa:

Basically no story, the CPUs just do quests for journalist representations Dengeki & Famitsu to improve their image and these quests just amount to "beat 500 enemies" and whatnot. You can expect the usual dialogue and character interactions.

Combat is finicky at first: everyone has one set combo attack pattern for the entire game and so the mechanics will feel sluggish until you memorize them. In addition though they can use their signature SP skills (though Noire's Lace Ribbons is noticeably missing the two kicks midair because physics, and Nepgear's Blade Dance is more like Miss Dance with how she'll run right past enemies while slashing through air).

Difficulty is... very little so really it's just mindless hack n' slash. It certainly doesn't do "To Hell" any justice should that song ever play while your up against laughable foes.

But oh boy, did I mention torn clothing mechanic? Once you take enough damage you get a 3 second pause with the camera panning various angles of said character in dramatic fashion for a COSTUME BREAK:

ij4lp0Q.jpg (960×544)

IrzgNPn.jpg (960×544)

eqf5WQo.jpg (960×544)

hyperdimension-neptunia-u-1.jpg (600×340)

hyperdimension-neptunia-u-2.jpg (600×340)

it's k, I'm pleased :rimu:

~~

Beating the main story unlocks Gameindustri Gauntlet, a 1 player tournament where you could have all CPUs battle 1v1. A cool concept:

aFeLfiz.jpg (960×544)

And you don't even know how many Pauses it took me to get this dramatic shot:

uxR60nA.jpg (960×544)

But sadly the mode is not balanced and you either win in one shot or die in one shot depending on difficulty settings.

Some things I would've liked:

• Instead of giving all characters one set attack pattern, should've kept the Break - Power - Rush attack trees and we could make combos out of that
  • More costumes. Seriously, only two costumes per character?
  • More characters. IF would be so badass in this