Hyperdimension Neptunia+Spin offs

Monmon

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

Megadimension Neptunia VII’s Windows PC port has a launch date. Idea Factory International will bring the JRPG to Steam on July 5, 2016. Between July 5 and 11, 2016, a 40% discount will be in effect.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/24/megadimension-neptunia-vii-comes-steam-july-5-2016/#OdcVlRwHCf2gvyQW.99

I still haven't done Re;birth 3, too busy with Trails games ._.

I'm still working on grinding the 100mil credits in NepNep1, doing all endings in NepNep2, and then finally get back to NepNep3 (on chapter 5). I'll probably grab NepNep4 there, but won't get around to playing it for a long time.

On 26/06/2016 at 7:58 AM, Ceris said:

I'm still working on grinding the 100mil credits in NepNep1, doing all endings in NepNep2, and then finally get back to NepNep3 (on chapter 5). I'll probably grab NepNep4 there, but won't get around to playing it for a long time.

I haven't even start Rebirth 3 yet, lol. These Neptunia games are seriously releasing faster than I can play them.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460120/

Annnnd Megadimension VII's out on Steam, $49.99 base price, currently discounted until July 12th at $29.99, and has digital deluxe edition (digital artbook, ost) for $35.98 ($59.98 reg) and a "complete" edition with the deluxe ed. goodies and all DLC characters for $60.34 ($93.86 reg)

Whatta scam, take my money $$$

~~
Okay so the plan is to blitz Re;birth 3 NOW, 'cuz I still never got around to doing it :vinty: 

12 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

The third game was known as Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, so the VII is there as Victory 2, not as the number 7.

Well, that solves another mystery. :sachi:

Now to torture myself over what I should and should not spend my money on~

3 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Well, that solves another mystery. :sachi:

Now to torture myself over what I should and should not spend my money on~

Buy the entire Neptunia series

When they're on sale, of course. Should be able to get all of them within a 6 month period. Sales are frequent.

Are you kidding me. What's with the timing... I've already spent more than $100 on Steam sales urgh.... but it's on sale too! So getting it now should be preferable than later but the amount of money I spent already.... Ohgodwhy.

I'm sorry wallet-chan.... your sacrifice will not be in vain....

Million Arthur is pretty nice. Essentially all of her skills are elemental AoE attacks with different ranges, and she's pretty useful.

God Eater hasn't been that good yet, but she's helping.

Also, K-Sha is too moe. I've always had a thing for her type. Hnnnnnnnng.

ANqeU6S.jpg

xKI2BGP.jpg

1JU5yuC.jpg

The writing in VII is much better than it was in V. Not mk2-level of wittiness, but at least as good as the first Neptunia was. Which is still much butter than V or all the Rebirth games.
Also, the absence of Nick Doerr gave us an un-meme-fied translation. Finally. Neptune is much more bearable in her "original" personality than her Americanized form, haha.

@Kaguya I don't understand how you can be so far after only one day :vinty:
I'm playing for like 10h and am still in the first dimension. Just fed my Arfoire. I'm probably farming too much.
It takes quite some time for all the gameplay features to be unlocked.

@Tyrosyn - First, I ignore as many monsters as I possibly can, like in all the other Nep games I've played. 

Most of the time, I do dungeons without fighting anything other than the bosses. 

After that, rely on lots of buffs, debuffs, healing and DLC characters to pull my way through the boss fights.

The DLC characters in particular are a godsend. They're in all of your parties, so while the goddesses are leveling separately in their own stories (each finished their chapter while level 27~30 or so,) Million Arthur, for example, is level 37 right now (I should be midway through Vert's route, which is the only one left.)

And finally, time. I'm taking some time off work now, since I'm sick. I started playing yesterday afternoon, and I'm 13:30 hours in the game. 

Alright, done with the Hyperdimension part of the game.

Neptune really is the best goddess, after all.

3aM6zXE.jpg

xsyvb8t.jpg

lWVveBf.jpg

PbRASFZ.jpg

Great credits, too:

Uox2bcs.jpg

Though that friend is a yandere mercenary. I guess it's still something?

...Who am I kidding. K-Sha is the most adorable character in the Neptunia series. I love her type. She's better when she's going yandere over Noire, but she's great normally, too.

Grand Finale, here I come!

I have no idea about what'll happen, but the setup of this one is eerily similar to NepNep 2's start (all of the four goddesses going to investigate something and leaving their sisters behind.) 

We'll see how it goes.

EDIT: 

Uuugh. Like I thought, the plot of the grand finale starts off exactly like NepNep 2

I don't wanna use Nepgear and her lame party of characters I midly dislike. The CPU candidates are fine as support, but I don't like having them as leads... The villains seem to all be characters I love, too, so I don't even wanna win. 

*Kaguya whines*

EDIT 2:

Oh, I get to play as the Gold Third, too. Then it's fine.

pLcaXP0.jpg

EDIT: and I finished the game. 

Damn, the normal ending in this one is bittersweet. 

This game felt a lot more serious than the previous entries, in general. 

Absolutely loved it. 

22 hours, 22 minutes and 45 seconds, is what it took me, huh. I could've done it faster if I used the DLC items from the beginning of the game. 

And of course, some of my highlights, in no particular order:

I'll never forget your heroic sacrifice, Uzume.

WyD3s93.jpg

oP6AT3x.jpg

B7KAKnv.jpg

bz1VM2l.jpg

CffFqfM.jpg

gjEO6IH.jpg

a0mVlpq.jpg

Ve6WXKT.jpg

t4q57S9.jpg

AfgHfAv.jpg

jOsjU6u.jpg

kTxBgK1.jpg

rbcGQsi.jpg

ANqeU6S.jpg

xKI2BGP.jpg

1JU5yuC.jpg

nBpBaxM.jpg

(this was the closest fight I had in the game. I never lost, though.)

jq5Q3cJ.jpg

0iUpNNA.jpg

Cfba7TJ.jpg

4vFA3Vc.jpg

JtCxGN9.jpg

sx60T1A.jpg

Qy4LybT.jpg

MIiejJN.jpg

4bmvnqE.jpg

VrMv6IZ.jpg

1jf0gLy.jpg

UO98Uj8.jpg

YAlgxNq.jpg

1RWU7GZ.jpg

PvRShNl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2016 at 4:59 PM, Tyrosyn said:

The writing in VII is much better than it was in V. Not mk2-level of wittiness, but at least as good as the first Neptunia was. Which is still much butter than V or all the Rebirth games.
Also, the absence of Nick Doerr gave us an un-meme-fied translation. Finally. Neptune is much more bearable in her "original" personality than her Americanized form, haha.

@Kaguya I don't understand how you can be so far after only one day :vinty:
I'm playing for like 10h and am still in the first dimension. Just fed my Arfoire. I'm probably farming too much.
It takes quite some time for all the gameplay features to be unlocked.

Am I the only one who actually liked the meme translation? I feel like it fit.

066.jpg

4 minutes ago, ExtraMana said:

Am I the only one who actually liked the meme translation? I feel like it fit.

I lol'd at this too. The difference is that in this case, Japanese memes were localized as English memes. That's fine. Western player will think N-chan references 4chan, but obviously it's a reference to 2channel. Doesn't matter. The joke is still funny and has the same meaning as the original line.

What people don't like is for example Neptune spouting random nonsense memes, making her look like a retard, when in the original Japanese she's just saying a normal sentence. That's not the same Neptune anymore.
Don't you see a difference between Victory and Victory-II regarding Neptune's lines?

Just now, Tyrosyn said:

I lol'd at this too. The difference is that in this case, Japanese memes were localized as English memes. That's fine. Western player will think N-chan references 4chan, but obviously it's a reference to 2channel. Doesn't matter. The joke is still funny and has the same meaning as the original line.

What people don't like is for example Neptune spouting random nonsense memes, making her look like a retard, when in the original Japanese she's just saying a normal sentence. That's not the same Neptune anymore.
Don't you see a difference between Victory and Victory-II regarding Neptune's lines?

Yeah, I noticed that her spoken lines were quite different from the very beginning.

In general she feels like a much more exaggerated version of her actual self in the translations. 

I just decided to ignore that, though. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was always meh towards Vita Neptunia limited editions cuz 1. just wait for them to flashsale for like 5 bucks instead of paying l0l $60+ or 2. wait for it to go on steam and captain jack sparrow it

but fk, the superdimension neptunia sega is actually pretty nifty and really tickles my collector's instinct since you'll get a vita skin and a iffy pillow case in addition to the standard ost+artbook

still expensive af tho @ $64.99 http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/NepSega_LE/

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls Limited Edition

preorders start on the 15th this month.