Unhack

InvertMouse

YouTuber Dessen has uploaded part two of his Unhack playthrough B). If you want to know what A2 and Miss Debug sounds like if they had voices, well, just watch and see, I guess :lol:.

I really appreciate people who support my projects so please feel free to drop him a nice comment B)!

Just wanted to quickly mention that Unhack episode 7 comes out this Saturday. Hope to see you there and then :).

Hey Invert Mouse, just finished ep 3, and I think it is quite fun. I will most likely finish the other episodes aswell.

Just one thing, someone already mentioned this, but I will say it anyway; I really think you should add keyboard controls. Constantly clicking on the little circles to move gets tiresome after a while, especially since the game seems to slightly lag for a lot of people. You move in straight lines all the time anyway, so I can't see any reason not to add the option.

Still good job though. :)

Hey Invert Mouse, just finished ep 3, and I think it is quite fun. I will most likely finish the other episodes aswell.

Just one thing, someone already mentioned this, but I will say it anyway; I really think you should add keyboard controls. Constantly clicking on the little circles to move gets tiresome after a while, especially since the game seems to slightly lag for a lot of people. You move in straight lines all the time anyway, so I can't see any reason not to add the option.

Still good job though. :)

Thank you for playing Ashadow700! Hope you'll get to finish the remaining episodes :).

Yeah, the second I finish episode 10, I'll implement keyboard controls. Using the keyboard will alter the balance a bit, because you'll be so much faster than if you were using the mouse. I thought having to aim the mouse serves as part of the challenge. Definitely see your point, though. Thanks for your patience and interest m(_ _)m.

Thank you Kendjin! You're pretty good at the game B)! Yeah, would love to hear your commentary (and maybe some dubbing, hohoho B)) for sure.

On second thought, because of these frequent requests, I think I will try and implement keyboard controls this weekend. Episode 7 will come out without it, and then I'll work on that.

Thanks everyone :)!

Thank you Kendjin! You're pretty good at the game cool.gif! Yeah, would love to hear your commentary (and maybe some dubbing, hohoho cool.gif) for sure.

On second thought, because of these frequent requests, I think I will try and implement keyboard controls this weekend. Episode 7 will come out without it, and then I'll work on that.

Thanks everyone smile.gif!

That's the 4th one going up now, I'll leave the rest for later. Don't want to give them all the cake in one sitting smile.gif

Thank you for the kind words, I really enjoy the game biggrin.gif

I get where people are coming from with the keyboard controls, personally I'm gonna keep going with the mouse, but if you added in keyboard support. Then joy2key or xpadder could be used to bind keys to a 360 or ps3 pad.

I can easily produce quick profiles for those two programs after you add in the keyboard support.

Honestly though, I do feel like mouse is good enough.

PS: I think I'd only be dubbing Unhacker tongue.gif, I'm not brave enough to dub Weedy tongue.gif

EDIT: I've decided to do 5 as well, curse you addictive game! I was gonna re-shoot 5 cause I got hit twice, but since I've not re-shot any of the others, I'm gonna fess up to my shame and take the 2 hits tongue.gif

EDIT 2: Done 6 as well... DAMN THIS STORY SOOOOO GOOD!

Thank you for playing Ashadow700! Hope you'll get to finish the remaining episodes :).

Yeah, the second I finish episode 10, I'll implement keyboard controls. Using the keyboard will alter the balance a bit, because you'll be so much faster than if you were using the mouse. I thought having to aim the mouse serves as part of the challenge. Definitely see your point, though. Thanks for your patience and interest m(_ _)m.

Hey again InvertMouse!

I've been playing your game some more, and I just thought I'd toss you some feedback on a few really minor changes that I think you could consider. :)

1. It is very easy to miss dialog in game by accidentally clicking yourself to the next circle before realizing that new text has popped up. I think adding a log of the text might help solve this.

2. During dialog sequences it is slightly, slightly annoying to having to click the "next" icon to progress the dialog, rather then just being able to click anywhere on screen or pressing a key on the keyboard.

3. This one might just be me being a bad player, so take it with a grain of salt. Those red "skull-like" enemies who shoot out a red orb across the lane; I found it a bit difficult to tell where the red orbs would go. I realized later that they simply follow the "dark-red floor", but I could not tell that at first glance, so maybe you should make that a bit more clearer.

4. Speaking of those red skulls; I found the purging sequence at the end of ep 1 to be a bit long. Maybe you should shorten that one down a bit.

Like a said, really minor stuff, but I figured I'd tell you anyway since constructive criticism can be hard to come by. :rolleyes:

Have a good one, and tell me if you want me to give you more suggestions, in case I find any.

I'm assuming the red skulls are the viral sweep cores? It might have to do with the first point you made. But it is explained how those work by weedy.

Nice work on the feedback. Interesting to see how the game was for others

Can't wait tip episode 7 :)/>

Pa: backlog is a good idea :)

Hey again InvertMouse!

I've been playing your game some more, and I just thought I'd toss you some feedback on a few really minor changes that I think you could consider. :)

1. It is very easy to miss dialog in game by accidentally clicking yourself to the next circle before realizing that new text has popped up. I think adding a log of the text might help solve this.

2. During dialog sequences it is slightly, slightly annoying to having to click the "next" icon to progress the dialog, rather then just being able to click anywhere on screen or pressing a key on the keyboard.

3. This one might just be me being a bad player, so take it with a grain of salt. Those red "skull-like" enemies who shoot out a red orb across the lane; I found it a bit difficult to tell where the red orbs would go. I realized later that they simply follow the "dark-red floor", but I could not tell that at first glance, so maybe you should make that a bit more clearer.

4. Speaking of those red skulls; I found the purging sequence at the end of ep 1 to be a bit long. Maybe you should shorten that one down a bit.

Like a said, really minor stuff, but I figured I'd tell you anyway since constructive criticism can be hard to come by. :rolleyes:

Have a good one, and tell me if you want me to give you more suggestions, in case I find any.

Man, sorry Ashadow700! I appear to have missed that post m(_ _)m. Before anything else, I've added keyboard controls to the game! You'll see it alongside episode 8 this Saturday :).

The backlog idea is great! Let me add it to my todo list. That's about it for the time being. The rest I'll take into consideration. Thanks so much for playing.

Thanks for being around Zakamutt!

Kendjin, thanks for continuing to upload these playthrough videos! The game will admittedly almost become too easy with keyboard controls becoming available next Saturday. My original vision was to have mouse aiming be part of the challenge. I'll respect these frequent requests for keyboard control, though. In the end, I'll leave it up to the players on how they'd like to play :).

This is funny, this was way harder than previous eps but I only lost 4 lives in total before beating it Oo. I think part of why I died before was impatience, I guess. Well, if I can beat it with my rather hard-to-aim mouse, I guess it's possible for a decent few. I liked the gameplay, not sure if the story is quite as good as previously though. Bit too short, maybe? :s. Could also be a natural consequence of having to very the story's intensity level, but I feel somehow disconnected from the danger posed by the main threat. It needs to get more personal, maybe by showing some kind of visual corruption in the level's design?

Apart from that, in the final battle I had a split-second lag spike; everything else has been smooth so far. Maybe this is just the framework really really sucking, but I mean I have a quad core sandy bridge i5 and a still-decent graphic card, this shit shouldn't really happen. Could have been unrelated to the game and just the OS skipping a beat in general, I guess.

Heheh, Kendjin, well, I want to make both options available at all times :).

Thanks for playing Zakamutt :). Yeah, the intensity level is just varying for pacing purposes. Of course, it comes down to personal preferences, too. If that was the first split second lag spike, I wouldn't get upset at the framework. Really grateful for the framework so I must defend it :P. I have a decade year old duo core and was able to get through every episode without any lag. Yeah, OS can do weird things sometimes. Thanks again B).

Did some more attempts to get unhack to work on an android tablet. Massive failure, even when I used a bluetooth mouse to click. The problem isn't touch; I think it might just be poor html5 support (apparently this is endemic to mobile browsers?). Tried both chrome and firefox. Used an addon to disable doubletap zoom in firefox too, did not help. Sound doesn't play either :s