Everlasting Summer - translated, released for FREE on Steam

ServeTheServant

Hey, just thought I'd see if any one here has heard of or tried out "Everlasting Summer" (https://vndb.org/v3126) -- it's a Russian VN (OELVN -> ORLVN?) that just got translated/released on Steam yesterday (http://store.steampowered.com/app/331470/).  Supposedly, it's pretty popular over there...?

I haven't tried it yet, but looks like it has pretty good visuals and a decent vndb score (7.40).

I know we (Fuwa twitter account) tweeted about it, but I didn't see any threads on the forum about it yet.  Anyone playing/thinking of playing it?  I'll probably try it out after my current read.

Edit:  Steam patched it to remove ero content, but you can restore it with the patch located here: http://vk.com/topic-62816733_31120658

I haven't played it either, but apparently in the Russian community it is being extremely well-received.  Someone of the visual novel subreddit posted a twitch link to a streamer who apparently broke down crying after finishing one of the routes, although I haven't had the time to go in and see it myself.

From what I've heard, 'Nostalgia' is a key factor in enjoying it, although I'm not quite sure what sort of nostalgia it is you need to have.

I think I've seen it before and I definitely noticed it come out on Steam, but I didn't realize it was well-received, I thought it was just some Sakura Spirit-level crap. The fact that it's Russian didn't help either.

Since it's apparently pretty good, I guess I'll give it a shot. I don't know whether to read it in English or Russian though, I don't like reading in Russian but at the same time I'd rather read the original.

I think I've seen it before and I definitely noticed it come out on Steam, but I didn't realize it was well-received, I thought it was just some Sakura Spirit-level crap. The fact that it's Russian didn't help either.

Since it's apparently pretty good, I guess I'll give it a shot. I don't know whether to read it in English or Russian though, I don't like reading in Russian but at the same time I'd rather read the original.

This is how I feel about most of the VNs on Steam haha

I suppose I'll go check this out since its free..

I'm one hour in and so far, I like pacing, tone, and can't see anything wrong with the script. The plot hasn't revealed itself as of now, but I have a general idea of what's going on. 

The sprites look really cartoony, but I have never seen backgrounds that sexy before. Everything is pretty artsy, so the character sprites feel noticeably out of place. 

EDIT; I forgot: The soundtrack is neat.

• 2 months later...

yup after playing now for few hours, i can agree that the game´s art is quite something. the overall feeling i get whilest playing is kind of depressing, looking forward to what might happen in the story next

edit: think i should have better read the disclaimer at the beginning

"The game doesn't contain any propaganda of voluntary (or not) ending one's life."