A new fan to this great genre! Hello everyone!

Tismon

Anyway, greetings everyone here! I'm a newby to the forums and to VNs in general, but I'm a huge fan of all things written (you should see my collection of novels at home...) so I thought I'd at least do something now that I've actually made an account here, so step one is done! It's sad to say, but unfortunately, no one that I know in real life are a fan of this particular niche of story telling, and getting them to play some is a disheartening task (Damn the obligatory hentai in most games! Most people I know can't stomach even skipping through all the scenes like I do). Well, I thought I'd give it a go at the forums since there's no where else I can discuss this stuff!

Well, I do say that I'm new to VNs, but it doesn't mean I haven't read a good number of them already (I'm a REALLLLLLLY fast reader); I've read most of the higher rated games available, and was, unfortunately, one of those fools that played the Muv-Luv series too soon (no one warned me)... Every other "serious" VN just seem so bad in comparison! I'm currently playing through the old TYPE-MOON games, since they don't seem quite so horrible in comparison to MLA...

Anyway, I'm just glad to be a part of the community. Cheers from Canada!

If you're trying to get your friends into visual novels, tell them to buy/download Steins;Gate and make sure they look up the walkthrough as well. You don't have to worry about hentai, and there's the added bonus that it's one of the better visual novels. I personally started out with Katawa Shoujo and got hooked because a couple of the routes touched my heart.

I hope I gave you a warm enough first welcome, please do enjoy your stay here~ :D

And that's why there's the internet :D. Welcome to Fuwanovel, where people all around the world gather to discuss plenty of visual novel related goodies!

Check out Kaguya's top 50 VN list if you need some recommendations!

@sirjabberwock are you really gonna be one of those people that are into the first! thing  :P 

Welcome! I'm new too!

I used to be like you. Then someone told me "sex is an essential part of life."  Ever since that epiphany, I don't skip h-scenes unless it's cringeworthy, tasteless, or just too long.

Oh don't let that scare you. I'm told the forum's full of weirdos. So I'm definately one.

Welcome to the party! :D "Pessimists say a glass is half empty. An optimist will say a glass is half full. However a physicist will tell you that you can never know how much water is in that glass because just by observing how much water is in the glass you have changed the outcome." Anyway, maybe go back to reading those you thought were bad later. Maybe they will be just as good once a good amount of time has passed.

...I didn't know a lot of people skipped the H.

I'm one of the shameless people who don't!

And I'm proud of it!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hi there and welcome to the forums~

Please do feel free to talk about what you want and like~!

But please do it in the appropriate thread, as monsters will come down and hunt you!

...I didn't know a lot of people skipped the H.

I'm one of the shameless people who don't!

And I'm proud of it!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hi there and welcome to the forums~

Please do feel free to talk about what you want and like~!

But please do it in the appropriate thread, as monsters will come down and hunt you!

>////< gotta be shameless, funner that way!

Welcome aboard!