8 Things I Learned While Banned

solidbatman

Don't worry mods! This isn't a drama starting thread. It's a comedy starting thread. We all need a good laugh after that big misunderstanding. Hahaha am i right?

Anyway, hello my fellow Fuwanerds. As you may know, I was recently banned. I won't get into whether or not it was justified because I don't want to make the mods get creative with excuses. I am here today, to tell you about what it is liked to be banned. In doing so, I hope to help you cope with the reality of being banned when the revolution eventually.... I'm getting ahead of myself here. I hope this helps some of you. Like Madoka. We hear your cry for help, and perhaps one day, you won't be perma-banned (you will always be perma-banned. I'm instilling false hope). 

1) Realization
Now not everyone will go through this, but I had a major light bulb moment in the short moments after I got banned. I realized that mods do in fact have the power to ban people. Either this was recently added, or I sucked at paying attention, because I sure as hell would have used that power for evil good if I had it while a mod. There were many instances where dialogue would be too annoying and time consuming, so a simple ban would have solved all my problems. 

When the mods threatened to ban me a while back for something (they were really mad at me about ruining their plans to ban Run), I thought it was a bluff. After all, I used to be a mod, and never noticed I had ban permissions. So when I sent upwards of 20 reports all at once demanding threads be moved to the mods trashcan, Games and Chatter, I was not expecting a ban, but another slap on the wrist and everything blowing over by morning. How wrong I was.

2) Holy shit that is a lot of homework
What do you mean I was two weeks behind on English!? Well, I got the time now.

3) You never know what you have until its gone
I mean, I guess I was never really gone since I used my alt to browse some, but still, being unable to partake in the fall of Rome thread was crushing. And then... well thats all I was really doing anyway. 

4) The Appeals Process is utterly broken
I was informed of my right to an appeal. However, as I was banned, I was unable to actually send a message to the mods to appeal and was forced to send a message over skype to the head honcho. I was informed that even if I won, my ban would remain in place. So like... whats the damn point? Even worse, the very people who institute the bans, also hear the appeals. While the mods might make a mistake, how bad would it look to admit that mistake, especially to people like me who are assholes and trouble makers? This is an issue that might want to be revisted. I see two options. A. No appeals at all, and bans can only be undone by admins or B. Appeals are carried out by one person who has no mod powers and only hears the appeals. I mean, come on, this is America. I thought freedom meant something to you people (get it?)

5) Life Goes On
"What? I dont care." -solidbatdad when informed of his only son being banned from Fuwanovel

6) Oh god Fuwa take me back!
I promise not to send that many reports at once ever again!!!! Please bb forgive me (I will still tell people to throw away their Macs though. It's a matter of principle.)

7) Pain Pills though
Its like me knee is brand new!

8) Everything comes back
In the end, my ban ended. I feel this is a great metaphor for life. There is a 98% chance that you will die one day, but with the right religion, you can come back. Or just stay dead in other religions. I guess this wasn't really the best example after all. My knee pain is back though. And thats really what I am to Fuwanovel. Knee pain that you can't quite get rid of unless you get an artificial knee. And everyone knows those pale in comparison to the real thing. 

So lets try this again Fuwanovel. There is a fine line between having fun and being a dick. Let me be the dick to your fun. Because I can take it. I am your Dark Knight

k27Ppus.jpg

PS: To the mods, little more dialogue would be appreciated. Trust me. Steve wasn't entirely wrong on that front.

the appeal process should have a system like a jury or something pulling random members from the website to vote or something. 

Obviously this would need some system to pick only active members and members with enough posts or something but it would be a nice idea.

And now things are becoming needlessly complicated. Tay is the only one able to permaban somebody, and temporary bans can be addressed once the person returns. To be perfectly honest this forum moves at glacial pace, so when a user return from their 48 hour ban (or whatever) they’ll likely find that nobody has moved and everybody is doing the same things they were doing before they left. People would probably be having the same conversations and arguments and they'd have missed nothing. I'd suspect that anybody laughing at the time a user gets banned would probably still be laughing at the same joke when that user returns. Time has no meaning on Fuwa.

The user can then raise the issue then by creating a thread or messaging one of the mods. They can start it “Dear Fuckers Moderators" and get banned again - but the point is no appeal is necessary.

The appeal process would probably last many times the length of the ban.

They could also just drop it and move on with their life. 

2) Holy shit that is a lot of homework

What do you mean I was two weeks behind on English!? Well, I got the time now.

5) Life Goes On

"What? I dont care." -solidbatdad when informed of his only son being banned from Fuwanovel

I'm bothered that my image of you as a 40 year old troll was off the mark, and that you might actually be younger than me.

Anyhow, it doesn't sound like a ban was all that bad. You got your life back for 24 hours.  

Mfw Batman takes a ban for the team in order to test the appeals process. Could he perhaps be the hero this forum needs, instead of the demonbat troll we thought he was!?

Exactly! Thats exactly what I mean to do! Of course, I had all of this planned out. Naturally, one would expect someone like me to come up with such a genius plan

The said guy was reported around 1547 times, was given several justified warnings.

The 1548th time, he got banned and still didn't understand why.

Regarding Bat's ban, shouldn't there have been some kind of trial or something of that sort ? I remember hearing Tay talking about him acting as an advocate for people to defend themselves before such decisions could be taken.

Oh also, you fuck'd up for the fall of Rome m8 :/, bad timing.

Should'a told dad 'bout that.

Now dad won't feed me because the Vandals failed to uphold their alliance with Rome :(

Regarding Bat's ban, shouldn't there have been some kind of trial or something of that sort ? I remember hearing Tay talking about him acting as an advocate for people to defend themselves before such decisions could be taken.

Tay's not on anywhere near often enough for such a system to be feasible (for temporary bans anyway.)

Tay's not on anywhere near often enough for such a system to be feasible (for temporary bans anyway.)

I'm not inventing anything though.

This would have allowed the dialogue to be installed.

Perhaps they should find an alternative if Tay can't log in often enough.