Tsukimonogatari Adaptation Confirmed

Nosebleed

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

DNKQUsW.jpg

The Japanese magazine Cut has confirmed more details on the direction of the Monogatari anime franchise. Tsukimonogatari has been confirmed as the latest light novel adaptation currently in production according to an interview snippet with the anime series staff in the magazine and posted by YaraOn. Further details on the anime adaptation are currently unknown, but expected in the future.

Tsukimonogatari is the 13th book in the Monogatari light novel series and is the first novel in the "third season" story arc, following the end of the second season arc with Koimonogatari. The light novel was released in September 2012 and features the "Yotsugi Doll" story. 

I don't think actual series/OVA get that pushed back.

Kizumonogatari is just a special case.

Maybe I should have said "We all know how much recent anime releases for this series get pushed back" I don't want to get all technical about this with you because that definitely isn't what I came here to do and I don't find that kind of discussion to be interesting or productive.

I know Hana was pushed back and Kizu has really been pushed back. I came onto the Monogatari scene after the release of Second Season so I don't know about delays prior to that and don't really care. I dont claim to be an expert on the series, I'll leave that up to bl3u. The only reason I posted was to comment on how the delay for Kizu makes me want to just go and read the light novels.

Anyway, thank you for posting the news here for us to read about

Maybe I should have said "We all know how much recent anime releases for this series get pushed back" I don't want to get all technical about this with you because that definitely isn't what I came here to do and I don't find that kind of discussion to be interesting or productive.

I know Hana was pushed back and Kizu has really been pushed back. I came onto the Monogatari scene after the release of Second Season so I don't know about delays prior to that and don't really care. I dont claim to be an expert on the series, I'll leave that up to bl3u. The only reason I posted was to comment on how the delay for Kizu makes me want to just go and read the light novels.

Anyway, thank you for posting the news here for us to read about

Y-You started when it was already Monogatari Second Season?

Damn. I started back when Bakemonogatari was still airing and I'm still not done with Monogatari Second Season.

Anyway, HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

I've been waiting for Index, so what reason do I have to not wait for this?

<3

UPDATES!

An airing date as well as episode count have been confirmed 

n4IIAAs.jpg

This poster confirms that the adaptation will span four episodes airing concurrently on New Year's Eve in Japan and will be released on home video in 2015. As the poster was obtained ahead of an expected official announcement, the official websiite for the adaptation currently registers a 404 error. 

Best. New Years Eve. Ever.

God fucking damnit SHAFT. We're still waiting for Kizumonogatari. Finish what you've already announced before saying you'll do more.

Finished the Kizumonogatari light novel a bit ago. My body is ready.

I liked the Kizu PV alot more.

Also kind of disappointed that Kizu is just going to be another movie rather than a full season. And I'm not too excited for Tsuki, since I'm not a big fan of Ougi. She's okay, but I couldn't see her being a good main focus. Finding a translation of the Tsuki light novel right now, Gonna get ready for this.

I know right.

I'm actually kind of afraid for the future of the anime. Since there are so many volumes in the light novels, I wouldn't want Monogatari to start getting like 50 episodes or 7 movies. Since, unlike the light novels the anime will eventually lose it's charm. Like any anime.