No Game No Life

Tatsujin

acrZQ4Q5.jpg
No Game No Life
AniDB | Official

YouTube:

Release: April of 2014
Description: The story of No Game, No Life centers around Sora and Shiro, a brother and sister whose reputations as brilliant NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) hikikomori (shut-in) gamers have spawned urban legends all over the Internet. These two gamers even consider the real world as just another "crappy game." One day, they are summoned by a boy named "God" to an alternate world. There, God has prohibited war and declared this to be a world where "everything is decided by games" — even national borders. Humanity has been driven back into one remaining city by the other races. Will Sora and Shiro, the good-for-nothing brother and sister, become the "Saviors of Humanity" on this alternate world? "Well, let's start playing.

--

Novel, Action and a loli.

Didn't see any thread about this so I made a whole new one. I'm on episode one, watching Coalgirls release on BD. Freaking amazing, love MMOs, love NEETS and I love fantasy!

Didn't they license the light novels to come to the West? I think I read about that few weeks ago ... I could be wrong. Haku is best sister. <3! But she's not as good as my real-life imouto.

No Game No Life was a really entertaining show overall, though it has its flaws (like every other show). I also love the vibrant color pallete they used, really colorful and bright. Also, the LN is getting licensed by Yen Press. The first volume is getting released April 2015, so you can look forward to that.

No Game No Life is a swell show all-around. Not mind-blowing or anything, but it's good enough that everybody should enjoy watching it. It's worthy of its praises.

Guess I'm not a part of "everyone". I couldn't finish it, as it was painful for me to watch every episode, but that's just my opinion.

I quite enjoyed No Game No Life. It was one of the anime where I was left anticipating each episode week after week. Like others I enjoyed the bright art style and of course I'm a sucker for fantasy-meets-modern type scenarios, therefore making No Game No Life one of my favourite recent anime. 

Oh, and I love the characters. Especially Shiro due to her interactions with Steph. :)

i really liked the art style, the fact they change styles color pallets and art designs the way they do was fun for me, i know alot of people online complained about it but they did something similar with welcome to the nhk and i always find that enjoyable.

Completely agree on this.

Ah man I really really like this. Good pick up after the trash Tokyo Ghoul. The BD boxes look so amazing ... sparkling ... mmmmmmmm

The light novel is actually a lot better. I read all the currently translated ones it is actually amazing. The anime actually skips quite a lot of things which the light novels cover. So yeah, i recommend you watch the anime but also read the light novels if you have the time.

Also, a bit late :D. Everyone i know who is into anime (around 300) have all watched it.

Guess I'm not a part of "everyone". I couldn't finish it, as it was painful for me to watch every episode, but that's just my opinion.

Oh, well everyone's entitled to their opinions. I suppose the art style could have been construed as distracting, and it didn't have much to provide in terms of literary value (in my understanding, at least). Also, it's fanservicey to the extent that they show characters' fully naked bodies but without nipples, because that makes it okay. I'm not very bothered by any of those factors, though.

Whomever did the Audio on this did a very amazing job. With Coalgirls FLAC audio combined with the Xonar STX and Shure SRH 840s, the details in the sound are so deep and wide - pretty hard to explain. You gotta have the hardware (and a good software) plus the right audio format from the video.

It sounds like the modern movies or some high-profile studio that produces good anime and sound.

The artstyle was colorful and it certainly does draw you in, but everything else about the anime was not very impressive.

I think there were several more things that made it worthwhile. 

What irks me a bit with stories like these are that there's always exposition. Like Death Note, every thing they do must be so complicated that they can't afford not to explain it to their viewers after. 

Can you guys image an anime that uses wit to solve puzzles but leaves it up to the viewer to figure it out? 

Completely agree on this.

The light novel is actually a lot better. I read all the currently translated ones it is actually amazing. The anime actually skips quite a lot of things which the light novels cover. So yeah, i recommend you watch the anime but also read the light novels if you have the time.

Also, a bit late :D. Everyone i know who is into anime (around 300) have all watched it.

Light novel are most of the time >>>> the adaptation.

I read until volume 6.... and the amount of fangasm I could get if NGNL got a second season is too damn high!!

Light novel are most of the time >>>> the adaptation.

I read until volume 6.... and the amount of fangasm I could get if NGNL got a second season is too damn high!!

I know right cept the NGNL anime seems to want to cut out some bits at the end of last episode first season.