Rewrite discussion thread

Novel21

planetarian doesnt have a happy ending, little buster or rewrite either (at least for me this 2 dont have a happy ending).

steins;gate, you should play that one if you enjoyed cross channel, i dont think you will enjoy rewrite considering you didnt like little busters, if you like global warming stuff then play rewrite..

Haven't read Planetarian, but as i've said before but what do you mean by little busters not having a happy ending?

Little busters spoiler:

What do you mean by little busters not having a good ending? In the end they pulled some time loop crap and made it so that Riki was strong enough to handle the accident so that they all survived. I mean, there is a chance he created his own world just like Kyouske did, but there is no evidence to support it so the time loop crap is more likely. If i were to complain about the ending it would be the no chosen girl, slice of life ending. But i chose to believe that Rin or Kurugaya ending as the true ending. For a drama/romance heavy VN, such an ending as no chosen girl is pretty ridiculous

Rewrite spoilers:

As i've said before, i do think rewrite had an inappropriate unhappy ending which leaves a sour aftertaste after spending so many hours reading. Tennouji only wanted to have friends, living a normal life and in the end was the only one who was unable to, and on top of that, the girls didn't remember him and wanted to use him as a slave, and if that wasn't bad enough, he wasn't able to meet Moon Kagari due to the Moons condition.. I do love nakige with fantastic reunions and happy endings after something has happened, but utsuge and the likes is not for me. I guess it depends on how you look at it how you define this ending.

Haven't read Planetarian, but what do you mean by little busters not having a happy ending?

What do you mean by little busters not having a good ending? In the end they pulled some time loop crap and made it so that Riki was strong enough to handle the accident so that they all survived. I mean, there is a chance he created his own world just like Kyouske did, but there is no evidence to support it so the time loop crap is more likely. If i were to complain about the ending it would be the no chosen girl, slice of life ending. But i chose to believe that Rin or Kurugaya ending as the true ending. For a drama/romance heavy VN, such an ending as no chosen girl is pretty ridiculous

well that's why I said for me it wasnt a happy ending maybe it was but i just didnt like it, I believe that the orbs things in clannad were better than the time loop thing, rewrite I think definitely doesnt have a happy ending in fact I think rewrite sucks overall(the plot in general is really stupid) except for kotori's route which i really liked it. Planetarian is utsuge so you can imagine how it ends, air mmm i cant really tell if it was sad or not, did they stop the cycle or not..did kanna stop suffering, there are a lot of theories but i still cant tell which one is the real one so I can't tell because the ending was really weird..I cant remember about kanon I have to play it again xD and i still need to read tomoya after but i dont think they have sad endings.

well that's why I said for me it wasnt a happy ending maybe it was but i just didnt like it, I believe that the orbs things in clannad were better than the time loop thing, rewrite I think definitely doesnt have a happy ending in fact I think rewrite sucks overall(the plot in general is really stupid) except for kotori's route which i really liked it. Planetarian is utsuge so you can imagine how it ends, air mmm i cant really tell if it was sad or not, did they stop the cycle or not..did kanna stop suffering, there are a lot of theories but i still cant tell which one is the real one so I can't tell because the ending was really weird..I cant remember about kanon I have to play it again xD and i still need to read tomoya after but i dont think they have sad endings.

To be honest the plot seems to be written by a guy of greenpeace or a kid...that's why I don't really like rewrite except for kotori's route and chihaya  <3 even if her route sucks really bad... 

Air:

If i understand it correctly, in Air, the cycle ended with Mizusu's death. The happy memories she provided cancelled out the torment Kanna had endured over the centuries. It's pretty damn ridiculous that she hadn't been set free before if only happy memories was enough though. Can't say i liked the ending to be honest. I care more about the people i interract with and start getting to know than some soul trapped in the sky. Sure, i liked that Kanna was set free, but i sure would have liked that Mizusu either survived or reincarnated. Her fate was far too tragic.

I haven't read Tomoyo after, but i know the nature of the ending:

There is no good happy ending to be found in this VN.

To be honest the plot seems to be written by a guy of greenpeace or a kid...that's why I don't really like rewrite except for kotori's route and chihaya  <3 even if her route sucks really bad... 

so why the 2 kids at the end say that a cruel fate was awaiting them? they are referring to the re-incarnation cycle thing...which turned everything that misuzu did into nothing...

Sure that wasn't just a flashback to the start when they started meeting? If that's the case they knew Mizusu would die, but they wouldn't know that she would succeed. I guess the kids are unexplainable. But the ending was damn weird.

I'm pretty sure it wasnt a flash back, it was after misuzu died, it was like she and yukito were the two kids (the re-incarnation of both of them) saying that

Rewrite has a "very" long common route (subjective opinion) - depending on your tastes you might find it a endurance test. Or at least at the time of reading it, it really was wearing on my patience lol.

I don't mind length as long as it's not just pointless events like in the common route in Little Busters, that was really a pain to go through, I admit there were some interesting and funny stuff but still I was bored.

planetarian doesnt have a happy ending, little buster or rewrite either (at least for me this 2 dont have a happy ending).

steins;gate, you should play that one if you enjoyed cross channel, i dont think you will enjoy rewrite considering you didnt like little busters, if you like global warming stuff then play rewrite..

Steins Gate is definitely on my list, I don't have any special interest about global warming, but I do like VNs about apocalypse.

Honestly I'm debating whether I should start Stiens Gate or Rewrite.It's a hard decision.

PS: I have this fear that I will finish playing all the good VNs, then be left with nothing good anymore. XD

Rewrites common route sure as hell is an endurance test. Little busters was much better in this regard. Long common route as well, but the characters and humor was fantastic. Can't say the same for Rewrite.

I'm pretty sure it wasnt a flash back, it was after misuzu died, it was like she and yukito were the two kids (the re-incarnation of both of them) saying that

Haven't read the VN, only watched the anime and it's been a while. But when the kids said those things, both Yukito and Mizusu sat on the top of the beach watching. In any case. I can buy Kanna reincarnating, but Yukito is only a human, and how could his soul be multiple places at the same time? I don't know if it's too far out there to think that Kanna could have more than one incarnation at the same time. Mizusu's soul was only a droplet of Kannas entire soul if i recall correctly.

Steins Gate is definitely on my list, I don't have any special interest about global warming, but I do like VNs about apocalypse.

Honestly I'm debating whether I should start Stiens Gate or Rewrite.It's a hard decision.

PS: I have this fear that I will finish playing all the good VNs, then be left with nothing good anymore. XD

I think you'll get more out of Steins Gate tbh.

Don't worry, that fear is something we've all had to face - it's why some of us lurk here on Fuwa even while working lol, waiting to see the next great TL to finish~ But you're still miles away from that worry. :)

if you want a vn about apocalypse then read swan song not steins;gate, also rewrite is really bad handling that topic...

Rewrites common route sure as hell is an endurance test. Little busters was much better in this regard. Long common route as well, but the characters and humor was fantastic. Can't say the same for Rewrite.

Haven't read the VN, only watched the anime and it's been a while. But when the kids said those things, both Yukito and Mizusu sat on the top of the beach watching. In any case. I can buy Kanna reincarnating, but Yukito is only a human, and how could his soul be multiple places at the same time? I don't know if it's too far out there to think that Kanna could have more than one incarnation at the same time. Mizusu's soul was only a droplet of Kannas entire soul if i recall correctly.

misuzu had kanna's soul inside her but it was too big to handle for her body because she wasnt a winged girl to begin with like kanna was or some bs like that

:P and sooner or later she was going to die in the same way 50-40 other girls before her did, i really dont know anymore the plot was so weird and nonsense :P

Rewrites common route sure as hell is an endurance test. Little busters was much better in this regard. Long common route as well, but the characters and humor was fantastic. Can't say the same for Rewrite.

Dammit, well I guess I'll put it off for now. So far I'm leaning towards Steins Gate, Swan Song is on my mind too. But I see people are divided on it, some say it's great and some call it stupid.

if you want a vn about apocalypse then read swan song not steins;gate, also rewrite is really bad handling that topic...

misuzu had kanna's soul inside her but it was too big to handle for her body because she wasnt a winged girl to begin with like kanna was or some bs like that

:P and sooner or later she was going to die in the same way 50-40 other girls before her did, i really dont know anymore the plot was so weird and nonsense :P

Awesome, Swan Song was also on my list, so it's gonna be either that or Steins Gate.

Thanks for your help

Awesome, Swan Song was also on my list, so it's gonna be either that or Steins Gate.

Thanks for your help

yeah swan song it's an amazing vn, really dark but not with bs or supernatural things it's just human nature described and analyzed in the most realistic way possible, it also has one of the best character development in any vn, can't say much more without spoiling the plot itself..

Haven't read Swan song, but i think the scenario sounds completely outlandish. Some earthquake rocks a city or something and total anarchy reigns in the aftermath and no interventions from other areas or cities?