How do you guys move/start a new route?

CharlotteHelene

I am always saving at every choice in a system I made up myself (love the 100 saving slots). But I usually just play a VN once with the character I like the most. After that I decide if I felt incomplete or I thought another route is in my taste. I still got around 80% of incomplete games with one or more routes left to play. I just don't like every character. I know I should give them a chance but...

If I can't access a route I use a walkthrough to just know where the branching starts and I just load it from there.

I usually occasionally skip text I've read before or at least quickly skim through with fast autoplay/tapping skip button just to orientate myself.  

I absolutely love the 'fast skip' button Nitro+ tends to add to their VNs, where instead of fast-forwarding through everything, it exits the VN and jumps right onto the next choice/unread text. More VNs should use this, it's amazing.

Grisaia also had a very similar button.

I absolutely love the 'fast skip' button Nitro+ tends to add to their VNs, where instead of fast-forwarding through everything, it exits the VN and jumps right onto the next choice/unread text. More VNs should use this, it's amazing.

Grisaia also had a very similar button.

u mean jump to the next choice butyon?

yea that is good to have

I usually just make a number of saves at certain flags. If a game has a skip to the next choice function then there's no need to bother with that.

If there's been a meaningful length of time between me reading a route and moving on to the next one, I might go back and reread an entire common route or certain parts of it.

I've usually used the walkthrough to save at key points so that I can get back on a path as quickly as possible.  I read the text I haven't read yet then skip the rest.  No reason to reread the entire thing to get at the next path...

I do almost the exact thing, just the first play I go without the walk-through until I get any end. then just start over with skip and save in key choices to get where I want to be and see everything efficiently.