Japanese Blood Types  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is your blood type?

• A
    • B
    • AB
    • O
    • I don't know my blood type
  2. 2. Do you find the traits associated with your blood type in Japanese culture accurate?

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhat

This poll is closed to new votes

What is the difference between this and astrology? Is it more entertainment source or do you really believe these stuff are true?

The difference is just using blood type vs. birth date as a means of prediction.  This was mostly for fun.  For me, astrology (Western) is kind of a mixed bag. It's by no means gospel but I find parts of it accurate far more often than not. 

The difference is just using blood type vs. birth date as a means of prediction.  This was mostly for fun.  For me, astrology (Western) is kind of a mixed bag. It's by no means gospel but I find parts of it accurate far more often than not. 

Blood types vs birth date is not really a difference.. they both use this, and as for anyone you talk to and claimed the same thing, he probably added some technique from this, just sayin..

Edit: I mean no offense. sometimes I come across as an ass without noticing

Blood types vs birth date is not really a difference.. they both use this, and as for anyone you talk to and claimed the same thing, he probably added some technique from this, just sayin..

Edit: I mean no offense. sometimes I come across as an ass without noticing

I can see your point but when I look at the the four different blood types for example, I see characteristics that conflict in each.  Therefore, one does not apply to all.  This is kinda off topic so if you'd like to have a further conversation about it in a PM I'd be more than happy to (I'll even do readings if you're interested). 

There's a pattern to these cold readings

It goes like this:

"Your personality is like this and this," and before you can doubt them they add, "BUT, you can also be like this and this during some opposing situation."

Usually the words they use to describe you are generic enough that it covers 90% of the people listening, but you have no idea so you think it's personal to you. 

Looking at those personality traits for the blood types, I can say identify with all of the traits at some point lol. 

Worst traits Fastidious, overearnest, stubborn, tense

Worst traits Selfish, irresponsible, unforgiving, erratic

Worst traits Critical, indecisive, forgetful, irresponsible, "split personality"

Worst traits Self-centered, cold, doubtful, unpredictable, "workaholic"

If you think about it. Most of these words overlap in meaning with each other.

There's a pattern to these cold readings

It goes like this:

"Your personality is like this and this," and before you can doubt them they add, "BUT, you can also be like this and this during some opposing situation."

Usually the words they use to describe you are generic enough that it covers 90% of the people listening, but you have no idea so you think it's personal to you. 

Looking at those personality traits for the blood types, I can say identify with all of the traits at some point lol. 

Thou you get the point, Cold Reading relies on target to get the information while the operator taking the 'credit' for it. While astrology and the likes just uses general terms that can apply to anyone but makes you feel like it's something personal to you

I can see your point but when I look at the the four different blood types for example, I see characteristics that conflict in each.  Therefore, one does not apply to all.  This is kinda off topic so if you'd like to have a further conversation about it in a PM I'd be more than happy to (I'll even do readings if you're interested). 

Just wanted to give you the opportunity to acquire the knowledge you need to not be "fooled" by these kinds of stuff. (not to say you have been fooled before)

According to the wiki page I'm closest to AB, but I don't think I've ever taken a blood type test, or if I have I don't know the results. :P

Edit: As for how accurate these are, obviously they work the same way any personality test based on a small number of factors works - each result fits 70% of people on several points, and the remaining 30% have less matching points, so it's never completely wrong.

Thou you get the point, Cold Reading relies on target to get the information while the operator taking the 'credit' for it. While astrology and the likes just uses general terms that can apply to anyone but makes you feel like it's something personal to you

It's been a long time since I've talked about these things lol.

Just wanted to give you the opportunity to acquire the knowledge you need to not be "fooled" by these kinds of stuff. (not to say you have been fooled before)

I'm actually the one doing the readings, not getting them.  I'll honestly tell you that daily horoscope are completely fraudulent and not in the realm of what I would consider real astrology.  Future telling, since I believe the future is constantly changing, is also pointless.  My style focuses more on getting an understanding of a person and being able to determine their character, basically learning more about yourself, others and the world around you. 

I'm actually the one doing the readings, not getting them.  I'll honestly tell you that daily horoscope are completely fraudulent and not in the realm of what I would consider real astrology.  Future telling, since I believe the future is constantly changing, is also pointless.  My style focuses more on getting an understanding of a person and being able to determine their character, basically learning more about yourself, others and the world around you. 

So if you did know these kind of stuff are a mere entertainment source I probably interpreted the reason for your thread wrong then, my mistake.

I find this blood type thing rather wacky tbh.... When companies start asking you for your blood type and takes that into consideration, man. That's overkill. But that's Japanese culture.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20170787  http://www.japantoday.com/category/lifestyle/view/the-importance-of-blood-type-in-japanese-culture

As for my blood type.. I got no idea. Looking at the chart I don't really find myself in either type tbh... Mixed everywhere. I'd say that's how everyone really is, to different degrees.

I'm 0 as well; they are quite accurate indeed. Whether they were created like that on purpose, true, or false is irrelevant; they still manage to represent what we are, to some extent.

I'm more interested with the fact how many people already stated they belong to group 0, even though it's very uncommon.

I'm 0 as well; they are quite accurate indeed. Whether they were created like that on purpose, true, or false is irrelevant; they still manage to represent what we are, to some extent.

I'm more interested with the fact how many people already stated they belong to group 0, even though it's very uncommon.

And no type A so far, even though it is a small sample. 

I dunno, according to this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_distribution_by_country the O+ group is anywhere from 27% to 48% of a country's population.