New Twitter Account

I'd imagine short news and new post announcements would go on Twitter, as well as some other interesting stuff. Facebook goes for both somewhat logner stuff and either links to blog posts or summations of them and w/e. Likely can crosspost most facebook things on the main blog if I'm slow.

Obviously this requires some judgement on the part of anyone involved, but this is probably more an art than a science. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

One idea is for whoever handles the fuwatwitter to watch the #fuwanovel hashtag and RT anything useful. In general though, redundancy isn't that bad of a thing - people aren't going to be watching all the feeds at once in some (many?) cases.

Edited by Zakamutt

Not used to twitter (or the site, for that matter), but expanding one's social networks can't be bad. If the words of a newcomer count, my best wishes for the twitter account.

Who needs social networking sites when you have Fuwa :P

We are better than a social networking site! We will actually like your posts and we even have community fellowship

Quick question. How are you differentiating what goes on Twitter, to what goes on FB, to what goes on the blog? Just so there isn't lots of redundancy...

Both the Facebook and Blog will eventually auto-tweet articles and posts. The twitter will also re-tweet various news and generally just engage with followrs. Redundancy is exactly what it will be, which is the point of social media outreach. 

It was the date of an apparent MG podcast.

In retrospect, I should probably have summaried it in a tweet instead of doing 4 RTs. Hey, we all make mistakes w

Anyway comments about spamminess are welcome, I try to keep a balance in general but this kind of thing is always a bit hard to judge, especially since I follow some /real/ spamtweeters.

• 3 weeks later...

Checkmate is in the middle of migrating servers for his sites, which Fuwanovel is hosted on as well, and has been for quite some time.

Nothing changes apart from the server the site's hosted on, and afterwards I'll finally be able to make (or rather push) changes again.

*Sigh* I still don't "get" social media, and I don't think I ever will either :(

Twitter's great for learning tidbits of information like TL progress, product releases, etc. Blogs are great for articles. And Facebook is... good for popularity! Not sure why a lot of people prefer FB for information and stuff when blogs are much better formatted for it. One of life's greatest mysteries I suppose. Kind of a shame that social networking had to pull Google away from supporting their RSS reader. >.< http://www.pcworld.com/article/2030781/google-reader-is-dead.html

Not too much of a hassle since external readers are a little more convenient for me, but still.

But more on Fuwanovel: I follow both the blog and twitter for information. I have seen the blog repeat information that was posted on Twitter, but you still get the information faster. Blog posts are good for bulk information that's too lengthy for Twitter (there's a 140 character limit on tweets). And I guess it just feels better when a blog entry can't be read in less than 30 seconds.