If My Heart had Wings - Ageha route *spoilers inbound*

Mr Poltroon

So. I'm currently somewhere in the beginning of this route. And it just so happens that I can't understand anything of what's going on. Here's the story so far, or what I make of it.

- Ageha suddenly tells the Soaring club that they should be more discreet with their activities. 

- There's some kind of discussion about Kotori being the 'club leader' or the 'president'. I couldn't understand any of this, so I just assumed it was lost in translation. 

- Ageha has Hotaru hang out with Aoi as some kind of cover. 

- Something happens at school and everyone's acting cold or mad at Aoi. Either it didn't explain why, or was poorly translated.

- They need to share the room with the Touring Club and something happens here that I didn't understand at all.

- Amane and Kanako, 'hit' on Aoi? I didn't get this at all, either. What actually happened?

I stopped here since I want to understand what's actually going on.

I may have missed some stuff, but those are the main things that bug me.

Have I simply lost all semblance of English skills, or is this route simply poorly translated?

I am currently at the beginning of the route. But since I made this topic you can discuss the ending freely if you want.

Ah yes Ageha's route was completely butchered, translation wise. It's the worst out of all in that aspect.

It's not your fault for not understanding, i was completely lost several times too and honestly most of the plot in that route I still don't get until this day.

What I got from it was that, since their club had its club status revoked, they couldn't use school grounds for their activities or else they'd get severe punishment or something, thus they have to find a way around it.

Kotori is chosen as the new leader for the "club" by popular vote since Amane is no longer around and they thought she was the best person to be in charge.

Ageha is working behind the scenes on something that i never understood, it's related to making them able to pilot the glider again though, but it's something she must absolutely not let the teachers find out, thus she has Hotaru stay with Aoi because she resembles her I guess, just so the teachers can see that "Ageha" is not doing anything mischevious.

As far as the rest I don't really remember, i played this months ago and that's all I can recall off the top of my head.

But rest assured that, just like you, there were scenes where i was totally and 100% lost and didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

Ah, devil.

So people really didn't understand any of Ageha's route?

It's like, the sentences are readable, but they're just wrong. Sometimes they're talking about something completely different, and sometimes the translators seem to have made up their own versions of the conversations.

As for Kotori's, I had no problem understanding any of it, really. I did skip all of the classes about planes and aerodynamics, though :P

Haven't read anything else, so can't vouch for that.

• 1 month later...

I apologize for both reviving and double posting. However, people come and go, and people who perhaps weren't here 3 months ago, now are.

And who knows? They may be able to clear my doubts about what was going on with the beginning of this route.

So, once again, does anyone actually know what was going on with Ageha's route? The English translation was mostly gibberish, at least during the beginning.

UiF1ecV.jpg

Nice "eyes", Kotori.

10/10 translation would read again.

Ageha's route was a mess

But basically

Ageha becomes out of focus in the first half of the route because she's busy doing things behind the scenes to ensure the Soaring Club's success(things that could result in expulsion if teachers were to find out, apparently) which causes Aoi to think she's distancing herself from the group so he starts to wonder why.

In the meantime we get some fanservice via Ageha's sister Hotarou whom she assigns to hang out with the group in her place (one of the reasons being to make the douche teacher Mr. Tobioka not suspect that the Soaring Club didn't halt their activities)

~~~ Various scenes occur which make absolutely no sense whatsoever ~~~

We eventually learn that Aoi confessed to Ageha as a kid and that an "accident" happened to Ageha in the past. Hotarou knows what happened, and so she bargains to let Aoi know in exchange for going on a date with him since she clearly has a thing for him.

On their date Aoi was tempted to kiss Hotarou but he remembers his feelings towards Ageha and rejects Hotarou. Hotarou is relieved though, claiming she loves Ageha as well and so she's fine with that. Aoi decides he'll find out what's going on with Ageha himself.

Aoi tries to figure out why Ageha has been so distant; one day it rains and so the two rush for shelter and bam have sex. Aoi tells Ageha he loves her, but she essentially replies "cool story bro" and doesn't return the love. Aoi continually attempts to confront what's going on in Ageha's head but is shut up by sex, sex, and more sex.

Aoi has an inner monologue breakdown when he suspects that Ageha sees him as a sex friend rather than loving him.

Finally the glider is completed but Ageha is nowhere to be found. Aoi abandons his pilot duties to go after Ageha and they finally talk.
  • Ageha's "accident" in the past was that she stubbornly stayed at their childhood hangout place despite it being scheduled for being demolished.
  • Ageha avoided being at the glider's completion due to paranoia that once the Soaring Club's objective was complete, everyone would go their separate ways (all good things come to an end)
  • She doesn't see him as a sex friend, but she is afraid of commitment to Aoi because the last time he confessed to her, he moved the day after and their childhood hangout spot was demolished. Unfortunately she never gets over this and will never directly tell Aoi that she loves him.

Aoi then rides the morning glory along with Kotori as Ageha cheers them on (and mouths, "I love you"? to Aoi)

UiF1ecV.jpg

Nice "eyes", Kotori.

10/10 translation would read again.

Ageha's route was a mess

But basically

Ageha becomes out of focus in the first half of the route because she's busy doing things behind the scenes to ensure the Soaring Club's success(things that could result in expulsion if teachers were to find out, apparently) which causes Aoi to think she's distancing herself from the group so he starts to wonder why.

In the meantime we get some fanservice via Ageha's sister Hotarou whom she assigns to hang out with the group in her place (one of the reasons being to make the douche teacher Mr. Tobioka not suspect that the Soaring Club didn't halt their activities)

Throughout various interactions we learn that Aoi confessed to Ageha as a kid and that an "accident" happened to Ageha in the past. Hotarou knows what happened, and so she bargains to let Aoi know in exchange for going on a date with him since she clearly has a thing for him.

On their date Aoi was tempted to kiss Hotarou but he remembers his feelings towards Ageha and rejects Hotarou. Hotarou is relieved though, claiming she loves Ageha as well and so she's fine with that. Aoi decides he'll find out what's going on with Ageha himself.

Aoi tries to figure out why Ageha has been so distant; one day it rains and so the two rush for shelter and bam have sex. Aoi tells Ageha he loves her, but she essentially replies "cool story bro" and doesn't return the love. Aoi continually attempts to confront what's going on in Ageha's head but is shut up by sex, sex, and more sex.

Aoi has an inner monologue breakdown when he suspects that Ageha sees him as a sex friend rather than loving him.

Finally the glider is completed but Ageha is nowhere to be found. Aoi abandons his pilot duties to go after Ageha and they finally talk.

• Ageha's "accident" in the past was that she stubbornly stayed at their childhood hangout place despite it being scheduled for being demolished.
  • Ageha avoided being at the glider's completion due to paranoia that once the Soaring Club's objective was complete, everyone would go their separate ways (all good things come to an end)
  • She doesn't see him as a sex friend, but she is afraid of commitment to Aoi because the last time he confessed to her, he moved the day after and their childhood hangout spot was demolished. Unfortunately she never gets over this and will never directly tell Aoi that she loves him.
Aoi then rides the morning glory along with Kotori as Ageha cheers them on (and mouths, "I love you"? to Aoi)

Welp, I'm still going to have to wait for a re-translation...

What the text says in that route litterally has nothing to do with what's actually going on.

There are many scenes in Ageha's route that are literally impossible to comprehend. It is easily the worst translated route in the game. I feel sorry for Pablo.

Anyways, you can eventually figure out what's going on but it's an uphill battle and you rarely know what's happening as it's happening. A small part of this is due to the actual story where Ageha is being secretive and pulling strings behind the scenes without the MC's knowledge, and then even acts distant when they enter a relationship. It's just exasperated tenfold by the awful translation.

and for god's sake at least use the restoration patch to get rid of the stupid "eyes" thing and similar nonsense.

What I found with Ageha's route was that I understood the plot as a whole but the individual pieces that made it up were nothing short of confusing. I always though Hotaru hung out with Aoi to give the teachers the impression that his time was now dedicated to girls rather then gliding, but if this thread is to be believed, i was way off.

What I found with Ageha's route was that I understood the plot as a whole but the individual pieces that made it up were nothing short of confusing. I always though Hotaru hung out with Aoi to give the teachers the impression that his time was now dedicated to girls rather then gliding, but if this thread is to be believed, i was way off.

Nah, you're right, that's exactly why Hotarou was so prominent for the first half of the route, to make the teachers not suspect the Soaring Club.

It's best to just wait for the 2nd patch to come out. The team that made the restoration patch is working on it (albeit slowly), but it's worth the wait if it means you can read the VN in it's original glory, not the butchered up version that MoeNovel presented us with. I don't even know what they were thinking (or smoking) when they worked on this, they only need to translate it & instead they completely butcher it for "censoring" purposes. Their translation also looks like crap, it even looks like they didn't even bother to edit any of the scripts -.-