VN vs Anime

Snowtsuku

Clannad does a WONDERFUL job. It's more-or-less the same quality as the VN all across the board, but there are parts that I feel the anime handled better than the VN (they made Yukine's route interesting, which I thought was impossible), as well as parts that I felt the VN handled better (the light orbs weren't explained very well). One of my favorite VNs and also one of my favorite anime.

Well almost in all cases the original is better than anime whether it is VN, manga, novel.

There are good adaptations but still not as good as the original VN, Clannad, Kanon, Steins;gate - good anime but again, original better.

And pretty much every anime adaptation gives justice to the VN - the anime is mostly for advertisement / selling more stuff with the logo painted on it and characters. So even if the anime isn't that good, it will grab attention and people will buy the game and collector items.

I haven't played very many VNs, so I can't comment much. However, I've played through all of Little Busters!, and I don't think the anime is doing it justice at all.

I'm currently playing through Clannad, and so far, I prefer the anime, though that's probably because I saw it before I played the game.

I heard a opinion that Ef and Shuffle anime are better than VN. Shuffle is better because of yandere-Kaede and ending not with i-know-it-must-be-her-from-the-start heroine. Ef VN is boring, so it's not a big problem for anime to be better.

..Still, i watched only one such anime, "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien", and haven't even read corresponding VN, so do not count me as expert. I simply have no slightest desire to watch anime version when i can read a original.

Clannad does a WONDERFUL job. It's more-or-less the same quality as the VN all across the board, but there are parts that I feel the anime handled better than the VN (they made Yukine's route interesting, which I thought was impossible), as well as parts that I felt the VN handled better (the light orbs weren't explained very well). One of my favorite VNs and also one of my favorite anime.

I would agree that Clannad did justice to the visual novel as the connections of the story is superb. I don't really like Nagisa and it's sad when Kyou and Ryou cried :/ I was thankful for the alternate endings though.

Well almost in all cases the original is better than anime whether it is VN, manga, novel.

There are good adaptations but still not as good as the original VN, Clannad, Kanon, Steins;gate - good anime but again, original better.

And pretty much every anime adaptation gives justice to the VN - the anime is mostly for advertisement / selling more stuff with the logo painted on it and characters. So even if the anime isn't that good, it will grab attention and people will buy the game and collector items.

I agree. After all I started playing visual novels because of a anime and there are some VNs that I played because of the anime. I am only disappointed when I played a VN and an anime adaptation comes because I know that the anime will not be able to do justice, which happens most of the time.

I haven't played very many VNs, so I can't comment much. However, I've played through all of Little Busters!, and I don't think the anime is doing it justice at all.

I'm currently playing through Clannad, and so far, I prefer the anime, though that's probably because I saw it before I played the game.

There are somethings I like about the anime as well but I prefer the visual novel. I really enjoy the number of pranks done to sunohara there.

I heard a opinion that Ef and Shuffle anime are better than VN. Shuffle is better because of yandere-Kaede and ending not with i-know-it-must-be-her-from-the-start heroine. Ef VN is boring, so it's not a big problem for anime to be better.

..Still, i watched only one such anime, "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien", and haven't even read corresponding VN, so do not count me as expert. I simply have no slightest desire to watch anime version when i can read a original.

I haven't played the Shuffle! VN but I watched and played Ef. I think the anime is really good the only think I don't really like is how they change the impression Yuuko gives.

I haven't really seen an anime who kept up with it's VN counterpart but some have been close like people said, an example is clannad and stein's gate.

A reason can be that in the anime you're an outside observer and in the VN you take the role of the protagonist jumping in to the story and being part of it which is a feeling you can't really replace.

VNs are also often much longer than animes so you can spend more time with your favorite character and you also get the choice to be with someone else if you want.

I've watched and read both the vn and anime of stein's gate and I felt a certain... disconnect from the characters. The biggest fun in watching the anime after reading the anime was pointing out all the little differences. The anime had that ova though, which gave me that closure I was looking for. I'd rather read the vn than watch the anime though.

Let me ask something else, what do you think about Little Busters anime VS VN?

Since key has ben doing great in Clannad, i just curious about this one. I haven't watched it...

I don't know if Key has something to do with the anime production but since the Little Busters! anime and Clannad anime are done by different studios I don't think one should expect the same thing they saw in Clannad.

The Little Busters! anime is underwhelming IMHO. I would like it better if they did the Little Busters! anime like Amagami SS.

Since you repeat each route because of the secret of the world thing

Most of my experiences with vns turned anime have been negative... Tsukihime's anime, while good in and of itself, is pure blasphemy from the point of view of the fans. Not to mention that the violent parts are so nerfed it might as well be a school drama. The biggest reason is the tendency to 'fuse' paths when making the anime. Tsukihime and FSN's anime both suffered from this. Taken for themselves, the anime were decent... but anyone who had played the games inevitably found themselves wondering just how they turned the cohesive and brilliantly written Nasu stories into that weird collage of a story.

If they only turned kinetic novels into anime, this wouldn't be a problem, but trying to turn all the paths in a vn into a single anime path tends to have weird results.

Let me ask something else, what do you think about Little Busters anime VS VN?

Since key has ben doing great in Clannad, i just curious about this one. I haven't watched it...

I can say that if Little Busters' VN is just like the anime, then I don't get why it's so highly regarded. So far, I'm not enjoying the anime too much at all, unfortunately.

Utawaremono and Tears to Tiara are such cases. Any opinion on them?

I played Utawarermono's game before watching the anime. Both were enjoyable for me, actually. I can have very little patience sometimes and lose interest whenever something drags on. The anime version cut out a lot of stuff, which I actually appreciated. On the other hand, there were some emotional parts in the game that was nowhere nearly as effective in the anime.

I'm a fan of believing in the original. Yet, dare I say that I'm often more willing to watch an anime than play the VN it was based on. It's for the same reason I've discussed earlier. The anime often gets more straight to the point. I like that. If i enjoy the anime, then I'll check out the VN for the full experience.

I don't know if Key has something to do with the anime production but since the Little Busters! anime and Clannad anime are done by different studios I don't think one should expect the same thing they saw in Clannad.

The Little Busters! anime is underwhelming IMHO. I would like it better if they did the Little Busters! anime like Amagami SS.

Since you repeat each route because of the secret of the world thing

I can say that if Little Busters' VN is just like the anime, then I don't get why it's so highly regarded. So far, I'm not enjoying the anime too much at all, unfortunately.

So, just like i expected. lot of people say Originals is much better too...

for VN-based anime, Clannad and AMagami is still my favourite,...

we already told you (or maybe it was someone else? xD), put your mouse back to normal mode and play the VN instead! xD

It's been a strange situation for me personally. I've always been strongly inclined to give more credit to the original work of the series, which usually would be the visual novel in this case. But there are times when the anime adaptation is just so well done, that I'm able to enjoy and connect on a deeper level to the characters and plot.

Perhaps it depends on the goal of series whether to develop a plot through incremental routes or try to be entertaining for animation sakes.

we already told you (or maybe it was someone else? xD), put your mouse back to normal mode and play the VN instead! xD

XDDDDD~

Well, here's the thing. I'm guessing the VN gets serious and awesome later on. My first few hours, though--okay, let's make a baseball team. Let's get people to join. Some random minigames I don't care about ensues. Then a bunch of jokes I didn't laugh at. Man, I sound really harsh but that's what happened :o~

XDDDDD~

Well, here's the thing. I'm guessing the VN gets serious and awesome later on. My first few hours, though--okay, let's make a baseball team. Let's get people to join. Some random minigames I don't care about ensues. Then a bunch of jokes I didn't laugh at. Man, I sound really harsh but that's what happened :o/>~

It's the refrain the brings Little Busters! to the top IMHO. The routes one may like depends on the player.