Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

They are obviously cute but I personally prefer to see idols as something pure that stands above all kinds of physical relationships. They should not be touched by anyone...

If I wanna see some yuri I'll just boot up a sakura trigger episode :P

Yuri is just special friendships between girls! It's perfectly natural and pure and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it because they're doing it inside their group, so they're still pure, they're not being touched by the filthy outside world.

Question, 

(this might Mon's area of expertise)

So what if one if the girls in yuri is a trap is that still yuri ????

Yuri is just special friendships between girls! It's perfectly natural and pure and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it because they're doing it inside their group, so they're still pure, they're not being touched by the filthy outside world.

And is that still pure ?

Yeah, like Ceris I also enjoy the more fluffy friendship side of it, though I'm not bothered by a more 18+ side too.

It's just cute~

fuX4e3B.jpg

Question, 

(this might Mon's area of expertise)

So what if one if the girls in yuri is a trap is that still yuri ????

And is that still pure ?

There are no penises in the Love Live universe.

Just tried the random EX version of the event song.

The added randomness really increases the enjoyment as some patterns in the song become really weird and you need to pay close attention or you'll get all jumbled up. I totally messed up the combo because the notes were so spread appart sometimes, it was weird.

This is a slow EX song so it's good to practice randoms. Shame it doesn't give you extra exp.

I should probably not have played the random version without playing the regular one though just to know what it was like, once I played it it was easy, I think i'll keep doing the random version just because it's more fun and challenging.

IYXJlzX.jpg

Edit: got the random EX on the 2nd try. After knowing the pattern of notes it was easier to adjust to it, though still tough at some points if you don't remember how the pattern goes.

Otxmbrs.jpg

Need one more hard clear of the event song to get the card... Going to have to wait more 3 and a half hours for it.

In brighter notes, I have been blessed with another Smile Honoka from normal scouting. That's the 6th one, making it the third idolized one I have. Getting more 4 of them would be nice. 

Okay, I took the time to reply to the whole "no yuri in Love Live" stuff. I went and analyzed all the songs of each member that are their solo or center of in their subunit (meaning it's their song). I discluded the anime a lot, mainly stuck to just songs. I also mixed my own theories in sometimes for how songs are related, such as sequels in subunits or other. These are my findings (I was all over the place, so bare with some incoherency below, and bless you if you actually read this wall of text)

Nozomi and Eli. The biggest example in all of this is the song Glass no Hanazono. The song literally sings about yuri, and is a duet for Nozomi and Eli (well, that's undeniable there already lol).  Nozomi's solo, Junai Lens has a "he/boyfriend" kanji when speaking to someone else she's supporting. Eli's solo song, Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate sings about rejection/a breakup (ambiguous in the song). What isn't ambiguous is the song Eli is center for in BiBi, Natsu, Owaranai de. In this song, she's singing about a breakup in a more calm manner. And then who do you rely on when your relationship failed in the first place? The one who helped you initially because "they understand". Nozomi is counseling Eli after her bad experience. And it's not uncommon for you to fall in love with the person who's supporting you... So, because of how blatant Glass no Hanazono is, I'm making a theory instead of using proof in my analysis of song lyrics.(since all that was theory beyond Glass no Hanazono anyway)

Song Lyrics - my notes are in red

Junai Lens

"What's the problem? Are you having an unrequited love?
Why don't I help you out with this wondrous power

What's your real intention? Is it no good unless it's him?
Then close your eyes, and gently whisper his name"

Nozomi giving support to the "unknown" person, but then Eli's solo next

Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate(Eli Solo)

"I'm sure that I would've been better off ignorant
Holding such pain in my chest,
I smiled each day, not saying a word about it
and told myself to forget"

"I shut away my memories, heartbreak"

"These feelings will settle down gradually
As time passes, you too will fade
When will this become a distant memory?
Time has passed, you have faded"

All this heart break, she needs someone to rely on

Natsu, Owaranai De.

"I sigh, alone on the beach
As I continue to recall your smile
My sighs linger in the air
Even after all this time, my heart still hurts
When summer ended, my love ended as well (Farewell)"

This whole song is along the same lines as Arifureta, Eli's heart broken by the initial love portrayed in Junai Lens.

Glass no Hanazono

"A maze of dreams, a maze of lilies" (not 100% sure, but I know the kanji means Yuri, not sure about translation to Lilies)

"The feelings we can't have as girls who are in love with love"

I'm also not very knowledgeable in symbolism, but this is a commonly accepted song about yuri :P

Rin and Hanayo, this one is more complicated as their story is thrown over a ton of songs. The next example song wise is Hanayo's song, Kodoku na Heaven, where sings about unrequited love for a fellow classmate. The catch? She's in an all girls school. Next is Rin's solo, Koi no Shigunaru Rin rin rin, where Rin is conflicted and confused about loving someone she thinks she should just be friends with. Next, Rin has a song she's center for in Lily White, Kimi no Kuse ni, which is about being confused about being in love with a childhood friend, again, a girl, Hanayo. Last, Love Marginal, that Hanayo is center of, just sings about unrequited love for a friend and is ambiguous in the song (more below) Combine both of Rin's songs, and compare it to Kodoku na Heaven, it seems Rin sends mixed messages to Hanayo and Hanayo doesn't know how to proceed, which is responded to in the next Printemps album with the song Unbalanced Love, which Hanayo is the center of, which is another one where Hanayo believes it could possibly be one way love and sees the messages she's receiving as lies. More recently, Hanayo had her solo, Nawatobi, a happy song (for once) where she's thanking her childhood friend who she loves for all they have done for her. Also, Lily White had another song with Rin as center called Onaji Hoshi ga Mitai where Rin accepts her feelings she has for the person in the previous song.

Lastly, a note about Love Marginal. I'm not sure who's in charge of making the artwork for the cards and such in SIF, but Love Marginal's setting is on a train next to the windows. Guess who has a pair of cards that are both on a train? Rin and Hanayo.

Song lyrics -- my notes are in red

Koi no Shigunaru Rin rin rin

”Every day is exciting
But it's not because of you... Of course not!
Does that sound like a strange excuse?”

~~

"I start a conversation anyway
And we laugh as we always do
My heart beats just a little bit faster
Why am I so excited? Why?"

~~

"It's strange... this isn't love, after all!"

~~

"I don't want to be let down
So I act uninterested
Even though I really do anticipate it, and it hurts
Is it okay for me to dream? Can I?"

~~

"I want to confirm these feelings, so let's ren-ren-rendezvous
It's so fun... is this love?
Our hearts are having a colorful ren-ren-rendezvous
My burning cheeks reveal my true emotions"

~~

All the conflicting messages! Just back and forth, "my heartbeat is rising, could this be love?" "No, it can't be, it just can't be", "I have to pretend like I'm not in love" "This just have to be love"

Kodoku na Heaven

"Can't you hear me?
My heart is speaking to you
Even though we're in the same classroom, you're too far away" - Classmate in an all girls school

There isn't much more to say about Kodoku in referencing feelings for another girl, the whole song is just singing about an immense amount of pain Hanayo is going through because of an unrequited love. This song is on the same album as the duet with Kotori, Kokuhaku Biyori, Desu, which is a song about planning confessions. It's safe to assume Hanayo couldn't deliver her confession, hence this song. So, leaving into opinion range from me, I'm connecting it to Koi no Shigunaru, the only other solo that's giving mixed feelings that would stop a confession before it begins.

Oh, and this is my favorite line in this song, which is my favorite song in the whole franchise. This one line alone hits me so hard

"Love is meant to be cried over, right?"

That's a horrible, yet such a meaningful line. It shows how deep this song is.

Kimi no Kuse ni

"When we were little kids - Who was in elementary school with Rin?
You were always the crybaby - Who is the timid girl Rin knows?
But before I knew it, our roles had reversed
It's frustrating, hmph!"

~~

"Huh? We're just friends
My heart shouldn't be throbbing like this
Huh? We're childhood friends
So there's no way I'd fall in love with you!"

Conflicting messages just like Koi no Shigunaru

~~

"Huh? We're just friends
I shouldn't be feeling jealous like this
Huh? We're childhood friends - again
But I think I'm in love; what should I do!?"

Well then, love for a childhood friend

Unbalanced Love

"Stop being so nice to me
It's a lie, all of it is a lie
Just because you're so kind to me
I'm falling more and more in love with you
I'm always by your side
But... we're only friends?
My heart feels like it's being torn apart when I keep hiding my feelings"

Connect the song to Kimi no Kuse ni with all the conflicting messages causing the "it's all a lie"

Love Marginal

""I'll get on first," I say as I smile and step onto the train"

~~

"Because when I stand before you as just a friend
I can't hide the throbbing in my heart"

Train, still sings about unrequited love being overly painful, just like Kodoku na Heaven, assume nothing has happened

Nawatobi

"I've been always, always raising up
This longing, only in my heart" - While the song is about gratitude, longing is something else

~~

"Along the great big rope, everybody jumped, playing together
But I alone was too scared to join
Hesitating like a child
I was always waiting for you"

"When I was about to give up, your hand reached out to support me
The warmth of your gentle hand-- I love it"

All referencing the friend who always supported her

~~

"My gratitude is about to overflow
Little by little, my dream draws closer
My gratitude is about to overflow...
Thank you
I'm happy, so happy that I don't know what to do
So happy that my tears come spilling out
I'm sorry" Here's the gratitude

"Rather than hanging my head, unable to form words
I'll say goodbye to these feelings of hesitation
I've always, always longed to see you
I can't let it end only in my heart" Here's more to loving that friend who always supported her

Onaji Hoshi ga Mitai

"We're loved, but it's still lonely
Seeking each other's tenderness
There's a future waiting to be born for us
I believe in it, that's why I won't hesitate anymore" - getting rid of all that hesitation from previous songs

~~

"If we hug, it'll become warm
I love you... and our hearts will race
The two of us that falls into silence
Within us is the light of the crescent moon" - Woahhhh this whole section, related back to the conflicting feelings about loving a childhood friend

NicoMaki isn't just a song relation (that intro to Magnetic Today though...), they are even blatant in the anime. I'm talking a scene in S2E1. Nico and Maki are out together, in casual clothes, Nico is even dressed up, and we can assume it's really late because everyone else is at home and in Pajamas. You can't dismiss this is nothing xD.

g9JQa.jpg

Nosebleed can cover Nicomaki better than I can, and I'm going to ignore all the subtle queues in the anime, because  that's all they are.

Okay, song time.First case, Mogyutto PV, Maki gives chocolates to Nico, no one else gives chocolates to each other. Darling, Maki's solo, doesn't have any meaning other than her admitting her tsundereness. Nico doesn't even have love song solos, so that's out of the question. Serious, I get the chemistry between Nico and Maki, but there wasn't that much supporting evidence. Love Novels from BiBi with Nico as center is vague, just talks about unrequited love and a "notice me dumbass" tone. Throwing theory in, considering NicoMaki, Nico's confused about Maki's seemingly not paying attention because of her tsundereness hiding it. Diamond Princess kinda supports that when Maki singing about herself being like that.

But then, everything comes together with Zurui yo Magnetic Today (SIF song when!!!!!), the duet between Nico and Maki. Again, this is a specific duet with purpose. The song is literally just them bickering with each other like they always do, and them pretty much saying they have a great amount of interest in each other, always looking at each other. While things are spelt out perfectly in Nico or Maki's case about liking another girl, it's as much as a love song in duet form as you can get between two people who can't be honest. Honestly is the weakest two out of the six I covered so far, they just don't have examples in song form.

Song Lyrics

Zurui yo Magnetic Today

"(Why are you always looking at me?)
(You’re always looking at me too aren't you!)
(I'm only looking at you because you look at me first!)
(See! So you WERE looking!)" All said in normal talking/bickering tones like in a normal day encounter

"It’s not fair, it’s not fair, you’re hiding your true intentions
See! Our eyes just met again!
It’s not fair, it’s not fair, you’re hiding your true intentions and it’s captivating me
Ahh, your magnetism just isn’t fair! (Are you looking at me?) (Don’t look at me!)" Interested in each other

"We might be alike (How, exactly?) Like our composure?
Hoping to be good friends, wishing to be rivals, it's just on my mind" Well, this is supportive facts instead of actual song lyrics, but whatever lol

I guess take the song title into account, "Magnetic" meaning attracted to each other for being, that's all I got *shrug*

Kotori, Honoka, and Umi ... I've got nothing but theory on these three. There's a non-specific line between one of Umi's solos and Honoka's solo. Someday of my Life, Honoka sings about being apart from the one she loves, and Umi has a line that says "No need to say "I'll definitely come back". But that's just theory. Anemone Heart sounds like Kotori and Umi love the same person, but no hint as to who that may be. Honoka in Yume naki Yume wa Yume Janai is cheering on someone from their school who's training hard, but not a love song this time... Honoka's Ai wa Taiyou Janai song gives no context besides a love song, There's Storm in Lover, but duets are too vague as to whom the intended target is. Kotori has both Kokuhaku and Suki desu ga, Suki desu ka with Hanayo, but Kokuhaku is clearly them collaborating, and the latter is vague, but should follow the same idea. Kotori center Printemps Songs are vague or not even love songs. Umi doesn't have love songs in Lily White...

I bow in defeat, there's no song relation here.

I typed all this, which took hours going through all the songs, all instead of typing a paper due tomorrow, go me :makina: It started strong, and I was able to prove at least 4 definitely like another girl, and one iffy proof for Nico and Maki, so yay? :wafuu:

Maybe next time I'll make a long post purely about song relations (like Kokuhaku with Blueberry Train and Kodoku na Heaven)

And with this, I'm going to spend my LP and start that essay :Kappa:

God bless Ceris for typing this out and his thoughts (although he should be doing his paper and not this :makina: )

If I had influential power, I would send this to the creators and ask them to respond to this because it is well written and very interesting/plausible. I'm also curious to know their take on the LL! pairings

...And I finally got her!

QOWLgSZ.png

Congrats!

I still haven't started that essay, it's 9:30 PM, I'm fucked on sleep tonight lol

Took me 8 tries on the random EX because phone kept registering taps late or I get one random good out of no where. This "Random" isn't the true random that late Random EX maps have, I see a lot of repeating doubles and patterns throughout the song, and that shouldn't be the case, even the doubles should be shuffled, which they aren't. Also, this song is so damn boring it makes me drift to sleep by the end and break combo cuz I can't react in time

Congrats!

I still haven't started that essay, it's 9:30 PM, I'm fucked on sleep tonight lol

Took me 8 tries on the random EX because phone kept registering taps late or I get one random good out of no where. This "Random" isn't the true random that late Random EX maps have, I see a lot of repeating doubles and patterns throughout the song, and that shouldn't be the case, even the doubles should be shuffled, which they aren't. Also, this song is so damn boring it makes me drift to sleep by the end and break combo cuz I can't react in time

Oh the irony, it's also 9:30ish where I am, I also have an essay to write for tomorrow, and I am also fucked on sleep. Still playing SIF though, this random version of event EX is fun (imho).

Took me 3 tries to FC the standard event EX

2 attempts with best combo 363 / 413 for random event EX; out of tokens ;-; its fking insane if I blink at the wrong time BAM 3 misses in a row

only sitting at 8.2k points. Uhh thats what i get for slacking I may have to use a few gems just to break even to get event SR Maki >.>

It was really interesting reading about the relationship between Hanayo and Rin's songs...

I feel like NicoMaki and UmiHonoKoto don't have as much chemistry song-wise because they're so obvious in the anime, CD dramas and side stories. Then again, so are Nozomi and Eli... who knows!

I haven't been playing much because I told myself I'd take a break for this event, but I feel so bad about all the lost LP. It's like a nagging guilt nowadays.

can someone give me a TL;DR of Ceris's findings :makina:

NozoEli proved by Glass no Hanazono

RinPana is a story because all the solos and the subunit songs they are center for all are related lyrics wise, Hanayo sings about a childhood friend and classmate.

NicoMaki is proved by Zurui yo Magnetic Today

Honoka, Umi, and Kotori are the only ones I couldn't prove not straight by song lyrics :Kappa:

*sigh* I never typed that essay :makina:

Also, for my 2500th post, I'll make it that Hanayo post I talked about a while ago. I have it mostly typed up and saved on a wordpad on my desktop lol