Does anybody know how to extract/interpret the files from SPLUSH WAVE(RPG-focused doujin circle) games? 

They are on GAMENAME_BASE.dat, _BGM.dat, KOE.dat, etc. But focusing on BASE.dat for the scripts to translate. BGM and sound files extract fine without problems but image and script files gets wierd.

GARbro can kinda extract the files. It gives thousands of files and asks to override a few of them, all of them without extension and open as binary text.
My guess is that it loses the directory tree info and files with repeated names on different directories causes this. Most of them are obvious script files(e.g. CID_MON_SERIFU_091), while others should be images(CID_TITLESEL).

Just wondering if anyone has any idea where to go from here. It feels like the packing method utilized should be in some way standard as GARbro can almost unpack them.

I'd really like to make interface translation patches for them. Although they are a doujin circle they make fully voiced and great RPG games and are getting progressively better with time.
Not holding much hope for this but I'll leave this post here just in case. Thanks.

Edit: It turns out newer games can extract image files correctly, so all the images are okay, I just can't find any file that seems to correspond to the items and skills information. Or any script text files. There are a few binary files but they are just too little, I guess GARbro is getting lost and skipping them along with the directory structure.

EDIT2: Refer to script translation thread for further developments(

)

Edited by darksshades

• 2 months later...

Can someone explain to me how to use ExtractData to extract an .arc file. can you pass me the ExtractData download link.

alguien me puede explicar como usar ExtractData para extraer un archivo .arc. me pueden pasar el Link de descarga de ExtractData

• 2 weeks later...

I am playing Wagamama High Spec and it uses XP3 file formats and I am just having the roughest time extracting the files. I used arc_unpack for my other VN Happymaher and it worked fine, but this one just won't extract proper files.

I also used Crass and GARbro and I cannot get the files. With GARbro I can actually see the file names listed such as ev_ash_01_large.pimg but if I extract it as any image type it's broken and unreadable. I've looked up PIMG and found diddly. I would really like to be able to get into this games files for the images and I don't know where else to turn, please help me.

Scratch all of this, after a long time fiddling with it I finally found the actual FILES needed to unpack XP3 files. KrkrExtract is what works for me but it was a bitch to find a compiled version. I will attach it, but what you do is download the ZIP, put the exe and DLL files in the games directory that contains the EXE and XP3 files. You then make sure the game is closed, then drag the game EXE onto the KrkrExtract EXE and it will open the game along with the tool.

Then all you need to do is literally drag and drop the XP3 file onto the tool window and it auto extracts it for you. Now, some PNG files may have a black background and not be transparent but to fix that simply make sure your settings look like mine below:

PNG Setting: System Decoder

TLG Image: System PNG

wIqUhPs.png

https://mega.nz/file/D9thyRyL#U2R1Gpxk4np92xIbEx_l89F76uiFoxzYGKz5-jSeQLI

Edited by RECONBunny

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm trying to play a game called 'Magical Prince', a game that was buggy on release and criticized for it. Apparently the folks in Japan found ways to make the game more playable, and one of them was to edit the game data files directly. However, upon opening the game files I found that the files in question are stored in .pack archives, and while I can decompress them without issue I can't seem to find a way to repack them into working archives. Does anyone know any ways for repacking, or perhaps editing through .pack archives? 

On 5/15/2020 at 11:30 PM, Mutank said:

Hello, I'm trying to play a game called 'Magical Prince', a game that was buggy on release and criticized for it. Apparently the folks in Japan found ways to make the game more playable, and one of them was to edit the game data files directly. However, upon opening the game files I found that the files in question are stored in .pack archives, and while I can decompress them without issue I can't seem to find a way to repack them into working archives. Does anyone know any ways for repacking, or perhaps editing through .pack archives? 

If they're qlie engine .pack files, arc_conv worked for me. Download https://github.com/amayra/arc_conv, build (build.bat), and from command prompt do

arc_conv.exe --pack qlie <path to data folder> <output filename>

Edited by HMfan

Is there a way to extract scripts from Karin Chatnoir games? Specifically Omerta Chinmoku no Okite, I believe the scripts should be in game.dat as the other .dat files are movie.dat, sound.dat, and voice.dat. ExtractData doesn't work :( I've only worked with Rejet games before so please forgive me for my noviceness

Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction for extracting the scripts for Quinrose's Joker No Kuni No Alice. I've been translating some already extracted files for another Quinrose game but would rather be working on one of the older ones if I'm gonna be putting so much time into a project anyway, assuming I can get into the scripts.

I'm trying to extract a scenario.xp3 file--I tried krkr extract first but dropping my executable on the window didn't prompt anything. I was trying to see if I could get anything going using KiriKiri Tools linked above but I keep getting an error looking for startup.tjs and I'm at a loss LOL

EDIT: More precisely, I did get KiriKiri Tools to extract the .ks files but it's appearing like this even when I changed the settings to Shift JIS which seems... not quite right.

ゥ�4オ-tH%リmョ始モ;�*コノヤ�イァ.pワW@リ=NV塒ソuマ~ム乞
サd��*モ�w%3齦6買$�o烱リ(ノヤ.�ォD;�qNXュyモケg鞦�塊]jvaゥニ?+5Xld踝ォ,]サムTコホ�ウ}v<窟Nマi愁朷�s��\�皖b一チニ�&Q鋺do�*「イmヲ+ム1棏L�ゥリ殼GィラテラoAエ�サ�_」�鉐Bnhセ
aフv�6鵐ナ0{チWノ�5鈊リテヌ�省$�ョ后閠トフ�Z*Wtャ�<X�

Edited by ASCLEPIAS
One step forward two steps back on progress

8 minutes ago, Kamukan said:

Hello.

I have a project that is making an english patch for psp version of Rewrite and we are having issues with image decoding. 

The formats are .PT2 and .DAT.

Can someone help us?

Here are a link to sample files: https://mega.nz/file/L2IWAKKR#x138U0t4Z_19kH59RSdKx9uJxshfB07Qb_2UBgTKM6k

for anyone who wants context with his post, a member of our Rewrite PSP team posted this while working the project.

https://github.com/IcySon55/Kuriimu/issues/659

Kuriimu was one tool we attempted to use and we aren't currently aware of a tool capable of extracting these files correctly. It is possible we overlooked something and would appreciate any help given.

Thanks 😄

Edited by Skyspades

On 6/6/2020 at 8:24 AM, wyldstrykr said:

can crass pack files too in addition to eXtract files?

I don't think so not as well. GarBro has a built in pack tool but it depends which game and engine you are using. You can extract and recompile with with .xp3 files easily as long as you find the right encryption. There are certain  files types that GarBro doesn't have a recompiler/packer. That's .med, .msd and .msg. .gyu files. Also extraction doesn't work for .gyu files. For pictures in .gyu files you need to use the convert multimedia tool but you can't extract scenarios either.  It frustrates me to no end that there is is no recompiler for these file types. There needs to be a GarBro update.

Hi pals, I need your help :s
Does anyone know how I can extract .dat files? 
I want to extract the Archive.dat from the game Lilycle Rainbow Stage!!! , but I do not know how to do it

anybody can help me? I would be very grateful if you could tell me how I can extract this files :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm trying to extract pictures from some .MED files, but when I open it with garbro, it's split up in the base pictures and different faces that are layered on. Is there any way to extract the complete pictures with layered faces? Perhaps a better software than garbro for .MED files?

On 5/20/2020 at 6:28 AM, HMfan said:

If they're qlie engine .pack files, arc_conv worked for me. Download https://github.com/amayra/arc_conv, build (build.bat), and from command prompt do

arc_conv.exe --pack qlie <path to data folder> <output filename>

For some inexplicable reason I seemed to have missed your post, I'm trying your method right now but for some reason I'm failing to produce a archive.

The command i'm using is (copypasted from the prompt)

F:\New Game\MagicalPrince\hacks\arc>arc_conv.exe --pack qlie F:\New Game\MagicalPrince\hacks\arc\data0 data0

(the folder containing arc_conv is 'arc', and the files to be packed are in a folder named 'data0' placed within 'arc'.) of course the goal is to create data0.pack, but no so far running the codes don't seem to create anything. Am I doing something wrong?

4 minutes ago, Mutank said:

(the folder containing arc_conv is 'arc', and the files to be packed are in a folder named 'data0' placed within 'arc'.) of course the goal is to create data0.pack, but no so far running the codes don't seem to create anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Not sure because I don't touch in this engine for a good time, but as Far I remember this game have a external encrpytion key that are placed in a certain directory of the game.
Maybe your problem is how you moved the extracted directory and the arc_conv failed to find that key?
With that said, it was my guess, it is unlikely that I would get it right without seeing what is going on but it is worth the try.

Also, put the directory path inside "", for example:

arc_conv.exe --pack qlie "F:\New Game\MagicalPrince\hacks\arc\data0" data0

Edited by marcus-beta

25 minutes ago, marcus-beta said:

Not sure because I don't touch in this engine for a good time, but as Far I remember this game have a external encrpytion key that are placed in a certain directory of the game.
Maybe your problem is how you moved the extracted directory and the arc_conv failed to find that key?
With that said, it was my guess, it is unlikely that I would get it right without seeing what is going on but it is worth the try.

Also, put the directory path inside ""

A few tries with the directory did the trick, the new arc files works!

Sadly I can't get the changes I want to implement (restoring the cg mode the devs broke on release), might have to try fishing around for games the original game files for this one.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for your help!!

Hi @marcus-beta, maybe you (or anyone else here) could help me with extracting and repacking eden* Steam version files? I've looked around in the past but haven't been successful so far:
https://github.com/Inori/FuckGalEngine/issues/37
https://github.com/Inori/FuckGalEngine/issues/47
https://github.com/regomne/chinesize/issues/24

Edited by MantasB

I already tried touch in this engine before but I didn't a good progress after some tries...
This Minori Engine and Yuris Engine is the two engine that I don't like to lost my time.
That said probabbly I will need deal it they one day when a game that I'm interesed be released.

Edited by marcus-beta